CFZ A surprising streak Cowboys hope to keep alive vs Rams

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are hoping to keep a surprising streak alive this Sunday vs the rams. The streak? A 10 game home winning streak.

The Cowboys now have a decent 68-47 record at home all time in AT&T. But when the Stadium opened in 2009, one of the weirdest things that happened for almost a decade was the Cowboys not being able to defend their home stadium. From 2009-2017 the Cowboys were 37-35, but since then they‘ve gone 31-13.

Whatever any of us think about Mike Mac, the Cowboys have been much better at home under his coaching. Let’s hope the home winning streak moves to 11.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
The Cowboys are hoping to keep a surprising streak alive this Sunday vs the rams. The streak? A 10 game home winning streak.

The Cowboys now have a decent 68-47 record at home all time in AT&T. But when the Stadium opened in 2009, one of the weirdest things that happened for almost a decade was the Cowboys not being able to defend their home stadium. From 2009-2017 the Cowboys were 37-35, but since then they‘ve gone 31-13.

Whatever any of us think about Mike Mac, the Cowboys have been much better at home under his coaching. Let’s hope the home winning streak moves to 11.
That is weird. I didn’t know our home record was so bad for so long and so good lately. I give Big Mike credit in that one and I don’t give Big Mike credit often. Good teams do play good at at home. Let’s keep it going tomorrow and slaughter the Rams.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is a very surprising streak.

A few years ago I created a thread about how to measure home field advantage. I described it as the difference in winning percentage between home games and away games. The larger that difference was, the better homefield advantage that team had. When I ranked them the Cowboys were second to last. Their winning percentage at away games and at home were practically the same which meant they had no homefield advantage.

The last couple of years has been a complete turnaround and I can't explain it but I have an untested theory. I think teams with the better defenses have better homefield advantage. I believe the crowds inspired defenses more than offenses.

T-RO

Reaction score
The last couple of years has been a complete turnaround and I can't explain it but I have an untested theory. I think teams with the better defenses have better homefield advantage. I believe the crowds inspired defenses more than offenses.
I like your theory! Would like data to prove it, but it makes intuitive sense.

You certainly don't want a loud home crowd when you are trying to operate your offense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a very surprising streak.

A few years ago I created a thread about how to measure home field advantage. I described it as the difference in winning percentage between home games and away games. The larger that difference was, the better homefield advantage that team had. When I ranked them the Cowboys were second to last. Their winning percentage at away games and at home were practically the same which meant they had no homefield advantage.

I have been saying since early on in the off season...want to be a good fan, root for the team.

Your thread puts life in that old love for this sport! Thanks!!:starspin:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Is it me, but the stadium seems louder the last few years As well. When it first opened you could almost hear a pin drop.

shabazz

Reaction score

Pretty impressive stat. Especially if you look at the stat that shows them as 15-4 at home since 2021……damn good when you consider that the Chiefs are 17-4 at home in the same span.

Pretty rare air.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Pretty impressive stat. Especially if you look at the stat that shows them as 15-4 at home since 2021……damn good when you consider that the Chiefs are 17-4 at home in the same span.

Pretty rare air.
Good add, guy...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing well at home is one of the signs of consistency that marks a really good team. However, unless a team has the #1 seed, being able to win on the road matters even more.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It will only be harder to continue this streak if the game day meal thread by @Ranching (only) pops up soon.

Or am I not seeing it?

Flamma

Reaction score

I did not realize we had that streak going.