A thwacking tonight, then it's for real

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
That's one of the things that bothers me. Fans that go "you know what I expect to see tonight? DOMINANCE. If we don't beat them by 30 then we're not a good team."

Nah. That just doesn't happen in pro football, not repeatably.This isn't college where Bama goes up against Southern Miss and kills them 49-7, the talent levels are much closer in the pros and that allows flukes to have a larger impact on that can change a game. Injury availability, coaching schemes for that week, good/bad matchups for an offense or defense, motivation.... those fluctuations play a larger factor than just talent on paper might predict.

Bama can come out slow and tired and still hammer anyone, pro teams don't have that luxury. Bama doesn't care if your star player is back from injury, cause everyone on their team is still better than you. The Chiefs got Chris Jones back from injury yesterday and shut the Vikings DOWN. Bama doesn't care if you're on a hot streak, because they're miles better than any team you've faced on that streak. The Ravens humiliated the Patriots last night after New England went on a historic 8 game run.

So forget the style points. You take your Ws where you can get them in the NFL and you leave the point spreads for betters. Every week in the pros is a story unto itself.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No really. Just saying you only use that game. because its the only one that makes you seem valid.

I have used the Packers game as well. If you are going to constantly make claims against me, make sure to check back. I use both the Packers and Saints games as proof that this team is often smoke and mirrors more than true magic.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I expect the infamous Garrett conservative game plan, keeping the Giants in the game. The team will look totally unprepared, and won't look like they have any interest until the 4th quarter. It may be to little to late.

cowboyec

Reaction score
We said the same thing about the Jets, my friend. Bears D still has potential. Anything can happen.
By your definition, we should have not only beat the Jets, but the Packers as well since we "manhandled" the Eagles (In which the Eagles manhandled the Packers and the Jets, who we lost to). Basically, your logic is flawed.
but you said we had a beat down coming in kelly green.
easy friend about flawed logic.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
That game might be their kryptonite in the end, but I don't see that happening again.

Tonight will be a comfortable win, and then it gets uncomfortable for a while.
Is there ever a comfort level in the nfl? Ask the Pats.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Dallas has to be 7-3 going into New England. There is a tiebreaker where it goes to common opponents. Well, we lost to the Jets and Packers-Philly beat them. Philadelphia lost to, you guessed it, the Vikings and Lions. No excuses. Need to win now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Jets had more issues than the Giants and they don’t have a game changer like Saquon Barkley. The Giants traded for Leonard Williams to help them up front. The Giants are better than the Jets. The Cowboys are 2-7 on the road dating back to last season. If they don’t show up prepared, focused and ready to play tonight it will be the Jets game all over again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After 15 days off it will be interesting to see what Cowboys team shows up tonight. Anytime the Cowboys are coming off a bye week it’s concerning. Last season after a bye they came back looking lethargic against Tennessee. The Cowboys better treat this game tonight like it means something because it does mean something. We have to start stringing some wins together.

catiii

Reaction score
Dallas has to be 7-3 going into New England. There is a tiebreaker where it goes to common opponents. Well, we lost to the Jets and Packers-Philly beat them. Philadelphia lost to, you guessed it, the Vikings and Lions. No excuses. Need to win now.

Exactly!! and we already blew it by not having this attitude after the first 3 games/ L-L-L is not what I call a need-to-win-now attitude and that is on the limousine culture of this team and it's beta-male coach.
So NOW it IS win-now or we ain't goin nowhere except to the usual mediocrity spot.

erod

Reaction score
Cowboys will win......then the excuses to try to explain it all away.

We can already explain it away. The Giants are a bottom five team in the league. They can't play with legitimate contenders.

They have a horrible defensive line and the worst safeties in football. Sheppard is out. They have no receivers. Their offensive line is meh. The QB is a rookie.

Beating the Giants, Commanders, Jets, Dolphins, and Bengals carries no validation whatsoever, except that you don't belong in that group.

Dallas will roll. If they didn't, it'd be football armageddon.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I think IF we lose this game you can say it's almost over ....let's talk draft

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That game might be their kryptonite in the end, but I don't see that happening again.

Nah they'll still get their wildcard home game.

They destroyed their chances of post season success when they lost to New ORleans and Green Bay.

You almost have to have home field advantage or 1 bye now days to advance in the post season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For the Cowboys, it doesn't get real until January.

Until then everything is just window dressing.

The Cowboys will be sitting home in January if things don’t start getting real for them now.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Matter of whether this coach is capable of using that game to motivate his team, or he just continues to spew out his same monotone crap about working hard, and improving in certain areas, etc.

It's as if someone is pulling a string on that guys back and the same random sayings come out....oh wait..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
yes but ...the Jets

Cowboys won't be missing T. Smith, L. Collins, Cooper, et al like they were in the Jets game.

Still, after watching the Cowboys under Landry and Johnson, in division games, anything can happen...

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
All home teams won this weekend, 11-0. excluding Jags vs Hou was in London.

aria

Reaction score
Tonight, the Cowboys get to face the worst safeties in the NFL once again, and it won't be pretty. The Giants have a terrible pass rush, below average linebackers, and a Swiss cheese secondary.

Stats will fall from the rafters again. Dallas 35, Giants 17.

And then it begins. We'll finally get to see what we really have here.

Outside the NFC East, where the real football is played.
Other than the Bears and Commanders.