A thwacking tonight, then it's for real

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Tonight, the Cowboys get to face the worst safeties in the NFL once again, and it won't be pretty. The Giants have a terrible pass rush, below average linebackers, and a Swiss cheese secondary.

Stats will fall from the rafters again. Dallas 35, Giants 17.

And then it begins. We'll finally get to see what we really have here.

Outside the NFC East, where the real football is played.
It's a division game. How old are you?

Tussinman

Reaction score
They should have still beat the Jets without those guys. I get what you are saying but still...
They should but people over exaggerate that game. We know the cowboys don't handle injuries well.

Both tackles out + no cooper and the cowboys are at best a 6 or 7 win team. A 6 or 7 win caliber teaming losing on the road to any NFL team isn't that shocking

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cowboys won't be missing T. Smith, L. Collins, Cooper, et al like they were in the Jets game.

Still, after watching the Cowboys under Landry and Johnson, in division games, anything can happen...
This is what bugs me. People overblow that game. We know the cowboys are at best a 6 or 7 win team without those players. Jets with a full season of Darnold aren't great but probably a 4 maybe 5 win team

A 6/7 win caliber team losing on the road to a 4 win caliber team isn't shocking yet people act like this was the craziest thing to ever happen to this franchise

cowboyec

Reaction score
if Maher makes the fg...we're 5-2 and this chatter is noise about something else.
but he didnt so here we are 4-3.
like I said....we win tonight....then the excuses to explain it away.

cowboyec

Reaction score
We can already explain it away. The Giants are a bottom five team in the league. They can't play with legitimate contenders.

They have a horrible defensive line and the worst safeties in football. Sheppard is out. They have no receivers. Their offensive line is meh. The QB is a rookie.

Beating the Giants, Commanders, Jets, Dolphins, and Bengals carries no validation whatsoever, except that you don't belong in that group.

Dallas will roll. If they didn't, it'd be football armageddon.
right on cue.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
if Maher makes the fg...we're 5-2 and this chatter is noise about something else.
but he didnt so here we are 4-3.
like I said....we win tonight....then the excuses to explain it away.

I love how a comedy of errors at the Jets has been boiled down to an easy scapegoat - the kicker.

Get stopped on 4th and 1 at the 7? Stupid kicker
Give up a 92 yard bomb on the next play? Stupid kicker
Get stopped on a two point conversion? Stupid kicker
Make Sam Darnold look like a competent NFL QB? Stupid kicker

The only reason another FG could've potentially won the game is because of a 62 yarder made by the stupid kicker.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I love how a comedy of errors at the Jets has been boiled down to an easy scapegoat - the kicker.

Get stopped on 4th and 1 at the 7? Stupid kicker
Give up a 92 yard bomb on the next play? Stupid kicker
Get stopped on a two point conversion? Stupid kicker
Make Sam Darnold look like a competent NFL QB? Stupid kicker

The only reason another FG could've potentially won the game is because of a 62 yarder made by the stupid kicker.
if he makes it....we win.
ipso-fatso...solved.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That game might be their kryptonite in the end, but I don't see that happening again.

Tonight will be a comfortable win, and then it gets uncomfortable for a while.
Right

I could see us after winning tonite being 6-5 heading to Thanksgiving.

Brutal schedule coming up . We will probably need to sweep Egirls to win division.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Tonight, the Cowboys get to face the worst safeties in the NFL once again, and it won't be pretty. The Giants have a terrible pass rush, below average linebackers, and a Swiss cheese secondary.

Stats will fall from the rafters again. Dallas 35, Giants 17.

And then it begins. We'll finally get to see what we really have here.

Outside the NFC East, where the real football is played.
A win tonight by whatever points, and anything can happen. Don’t need “by so many points to validate.”

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right

I could see us after winning tonite being 6-5 heading to Thanksgiving.

Brutal schedule coming up . We will probably need to sweep Egirls to win division.
I can see that game being for the division with the last game for both being division games as well against poor teams. Other than the games against NE and SEA, they've got losers except for DAL in their stadium in December. The Eagles should be no worse than 8-6 going into the DAL game. The Cowboys can have 3 more losses but then they have to beat the Eagles in PHL. And one of those losses cannot be against the Giants tonight.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
And then we wake up to the real score Tuesday morning.

DAL 20
NYG 23
This is what Danny "Dimes" will be getting fitted for at halftime after scorching the Cowboys in the 1st half...:lmao:
DSC_0002-800x536.jpg

Hadenough

Reaction score
That game might be their kryptonite in the end, but I don't see that happening again.

Tonight will be a comfortable win, and then it gets uncomfortable for a while.
It's a rough schedule coming up and it will expose this teams weaknesses.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
They should but people over exaggerate that game. We know the cowboys don't handle injuries well.

Both tackles out + no cooper and the cowboys are at best a 6 or 7 win team. A 6 or 7 win caliber teaming losing on the road to any NFL team isn't that shocking
Yup. As long as they just win that loss will fade away. It was bad though.

kwcool619

Reaction score
That's one of the things that bothers me. Fans that go "you know what I expect to see tonight? DOMINANCE. If we don't beat them by 30 then we're not a good team."

Nah. That just doesn't happen in pro football, not repeatably.This isn't college where Bama goes up against Southern Miss and kills them 49-7, the talent levels are much closer in the pros and that allows flukes to have a larger impact on that can change a game. Injury availability, coaching schemes for that week, good/bad matchups for an offense or defense, motivation.... those fluctuations play a larger factor than just talent on paper might predict.

Bama can come out slow and tired and still hammer anyone, pro teams don't have that luxury. Bama doesn't care if your star player is back from injury, cause everyone on their team is still better than you. The Chiefs got Chris Jones back from injury yesterday and shut the Vikings DOWN. Bama doesn't care if you're on a hot streak, because they're miles better than any team you've faced on that streak. The Ravens humiliated the Patriots last night after New England went on a historic 8 game run.

So forget the style points. You take your Ws where you can get them in the NFL and you leave the point spreads for betters. Every week in the pros is a story unto itself.

That Chiefs win. That was impressive without Mahomes. Now if the 'Boys were in the same situation (playing a backup QB), would we have won that game?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys off of a bye in the Jason Garrett era....

2011: New England 20 Cowboys 16
2012: Baltimore 31 Cowboys 29
2013: Cowboys 24 Giants 21
2014: Cowboys 31 Giants 28
2015: Giants 27 Cowboys 20
2016: Cowboys 29 Eagles 23 (OT)
2017: Cowboys 40 San Francisco 10
2018 Titans 28 Cowboys 14

4-4 overall. He's got a .576 winning percentage in the regular season so he's actually worse with an extra week to prepare.

Slow your roll on this easy win tonight.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Cowboys off of a bye in the Jason Garrett era....

2011: New England 20 Cowboys 16
2012: Baltimore 31 Cowboys 29
2013: Cowboys 24 Giants 21
2014: Cowboys 31 Giants 28
2015: Giants 27 Cowboys 20
2016: Cowboys 29 Eagles 23 (OT)
2017: Cowboys 40 San Francisco 10
2018 Titans 28 Cowboys 14

4-4 overall. He's got a .576 winning percentage in the regular season so he's actually worse with an extra week to prepare.

Slow your roll on this easy win tonight.

Totally agree you can never underestimate Garretts ability to disappoint us on the biggest stage . Glad its in their house All we would need is a home game with some alumni may be honoring one of them and it would be a wrap . Some type of horrible melt down ending in embarrassment with the alumni leaving heads down

Blackrain

Reaction score
They still have a horrifically bad defense that doesn't matchup with Dallas at all.

Agreed brother but cant forget Garretts keen ability to make games much harder for this team then it needs to be . Its one of those intangibles that makes no sense but definitely exists to frustrate the heck out of us

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I expect the infamous Garrett conservative game plan, keeping the Giants in the game. The team will look totally unprepared, and won't look like they have any interest until the 4th quarter. It may be to little to late.

yep cause that’s exactly what happened the first time we played the Giants

shabazz

Reaction score
Can you imagine? Ugh.

But I just don't see it. The Giants don't match up well with the Cowboys offense at all. These are like bye weeks for Dak. He shines against them.

When they were told we were facing the 27th ranked ranked pass defense, they restarted chiseling the HOF bust of Dakota

But seriously, Rayne Dakota should be able to feast on the Giants putrid Defense. Most other Qb’s not making 35 million a year already have.