A Touch of Hostility...Week 16

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3764583 said:
Look at the talent he's had to work with a majority of the time.. alot with a little.

He has say in who they take he is part of the process and he shares in their failure.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3764589 said:
He has say in who they take he is part of the process and he shares in their failure.

I think too many people are under the assumption that every coach has the ability like this team, to have an owner who will go out and get any player they want.

How many big FA signings have the Titans had in the last decade? How many solid players have they let go in FA?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Hostile;3762642 said:
Okay, I do not like when people blame referees for losses, and I want to stress I am not trying to do that. However, before the game when it was announced that Jeff Triplett was the Referee for this game I said out loud that it concerned me. All night long after I said the Cardinals fan to my right kept saying, "I like Jeff Triplett." This was never more evident than on the overturned Interception. I do not know how it looked to you guys on the TV, but at the stadium on the big video boards there it looked like an INT. Cardinals fans were just about as shocked as Cowboys fans that it was held up as an incomplete pass.

I'll tell you how shocked people were. After the replay finally showed on the video board, the Cowboys OL took the field to get ready for us to have possession. I want to see it for myself, but I swear it looked like he got his hands underneath that ball. I kid you not, all around me Cowboys fan were confident, Cardinals fans were depressed. I said, "that is Jeff Triplett under that hood. He is not going to give us the INT." And he didn't.

Also confusing to me was why there was no 10 second run off after an Offensive Penalty for Illegal Formation. On the way home in a radio interview, one of the Cardinals, I do not know which one, said he almost threw his helmet because he too expected a 10 second run off. Last night I asked AdamJT13 if there should have been, and he said no. So I am a little more calm about that.

Last thing I will say about Triplett. He just comes across as bumbling. On Doug Free's Illegal Procedure penalty he announced that Free was Off Sides. Another example was him insisting Skelton was out of the pocket on the ball he threw out of bounds late. Maybe he doesn't know where the pocket is? It's like he just doesn't quite know what he is doing out there. By far, he is the referee that I just do not trust. I am not blaming him for our loss, but I am not shocked that controversy follows his game.

Early on the Refereeing was bad.
There was a clear face mask on Bennett where he fumbled. Home replay shows a field judge looking right in on the play - no flag and we almost lost the ball.

Two pass interference no call vs Austin. One arm held to his side. Even announcers said well what is pass interference.

The pass intercept by James. The offical who called it a incomplete was head on to it. The one next to and had the best view to the side called it good. No how could the guy from straight on - where there were players in the way on the replay and James ducked his head and shielded a head on call make it correct.

There was also a major offsides missed and same again to draw Free to move - sorry all Arizona calls. I did not see Arizona miss any marginal calls.
You would think these types of things would even out... Apparently now in the NFL.

Time to get professional referees.

cowboyed

Reaction score
birdwells1;3762830 said:
If that's why you're interviewing then you shouldn't do it. What's wrong with actually opening the position to the best available coach including Garrett. You can't hurt yourself by keeping an open mind, Garrett isn't going anywhere.

Interviewing other potential head coaching candidates is a fundamental process of re-affirming that your interim head coach has the comparative skill set and potential to be a head coach.

It also gives the organization an opportunity to evaluate, compare the philosophy, vision and developmental ability of the other candidates to grow a championship caliber team.

Now I don't think there is anything wrong with Jones hiring Garrett based on what he already knows and has seen. But do we know as fact that Garrett won't leave himself open to evaluating other head coaching offers that may come after the season?