A Touch of Hostility...Week 16

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
PBJTime;3763635 said:
Well, you may be right, but I've seen Romo get blasted for throwing to receivers who didn't catch a ball in traffic. But, that's getting a little off topic and you probably had nothing to do with it.

My only thing is, let's give Garrett some time with his first string QB and a healthy Dez, etc. before drawing any real conclusions either way against him. From reading some of your other posts, I think we're on basically the same page. I'm not sure if he'll be the most successful coach in the NFL, but I know I do like what I see as far as discipline and his command presence.

Yup, im only a tad skeptical yet, because i hope he can keep demanding respect and discipline from his players and have them follow. It seems these last two games we've taken a couple steps backwards. Not a glaring warning sign, but just something that makes me want to see a larger sample size before im completely onboard. Unfortunately, as i said in another thread, we should have let Wade go earlier so we could have had a longer time to evaluate Garrett. Now i'd say we pretty much have to give him at least a year, and let him set up his own staff to see what he can do. I think that's what's going to happen next season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3763673 said:
its only irrelevant to you because it proves the point that it exists and coaches expect it.
Proves?

Show me proof. Oh wait, you can't. But you "know" it happens and everyone should just accept it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hostile;3763686 said:
Proves?

Show me proof. Oh wait, you can't. But you "know" it happens and everyone should just accept it.

proof? of coaches expecting it? lol ok, there was a article in this forum this yr talking about what kind of a coach jimmy was. and there was an part in it talking about jimmy making the team sit in silence because of losing to teams they shouldnt have.

but i guess since you dont think so, we dont "grasp" the game. i get how it works. please dude, u know nothing more then me or every other average fan on this forum. get over yourself and ur email address of JJT. youre just another fan with an opinion of the game, and team. just like me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3763699 said:
proof? of coaches expecting it? lol ok, there was a article in this forum this yr talking about what kind of a coach jimmy was. and there was an part in it talking about jimmy making the team sit in silence because of losing to teams they shouldnt have.

but i guess since you dont think so, we dont "grasp" the game. i get how it works. please dude, u know nothing more then me or every other average fan on this forum. get over yourself and ur email address of JJT. youre just another fan with an opinion of the game, and team. just like me.
You're talking about 3 different things and making sense in none of them.

FYI, JJT has not once shared a tip with me, but your jealousy is really cute.

Also FYI, damn right I am just a fan with an opinion. I've been saying that for years on this forum. In fact said it to you before. Thank you for finally realizing it. If however you imagine that my opinions are uninformed, or in some way flawed I wish you well proving it. That crap of "it does exist, just not in Dallas" was epic example of your opinions in comparison to mine. I'll stand on that...proudly.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
One our kicker missed the PAT, I knew that was it. I think as fans we take the losses tougher than some of the players. Seeing DeMarcus Ware with a big *** smile laughing with some Cardinals made my Christmas complete.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3763436 said:
The only thing pathetic in this thread is you grandstanding about how hard it is to win a football game, and talking about the perfect straight line formation Garrett was able to get the team in for the national anthem, to try and find some positive out of the embarassing loss we just had to the Cardinals.

Bottom line again.. you have to find a way to win. We haven't been doing that consistently since Garrett took over, despite being in a position to win pretty much every game. You especially have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. We couldn't even do that against a terrible team like the Cardinals.

The week before we barely squeeked out a win over a terrible Skins team too. These are not things that show me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Garrett will be a highly successful HC.
I bet Jacksonville would have liked to "squeak" out a win against that terrible Skins team.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I am a Garrett fan, he has done things since he took over that exite me, as a coach myself.

But at the end of the day I don't see much different with the Dallas Cowboys.

They still find unbelieveable ways to rip your heart out and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, ... they lose a game they are in a position to win. (from 07 Ravens and Steelers to the Saints, Cards this season)

They still play to the level of competition. (good against the Colt and Saints, bad against the Skins and Sat against the Cards)

Still make foolish mistakes. (Barber, R. Williams)

The defense still can NOT hold a lead, Saints, Colts, Cards.

I am drowing in this mess. I am so jaded by this losing that I didn't even remember the bad calls today that Hos mentioned in his OP. But I agree with each one, I just forgot because at the time I didn't think we would get the call anyway and I am used to seeing us get screwed.

I don't know what this team needs, ... but it seems nothing has changed, although we fly with ties on now and stand for the National Anthem.

I watch for 58 or 59 minutes only to see something unbelieveable, strange, stupid, crazy or history making go against us and rip our hearts out.

And I lay in bed later thinking, "what if?"

Did anyone else see the stat last night that until 1997 we had won the most post-season games, 32 I think, and since we had won one, 25th in the NFL.

I hope Garrett can change this culture but we still find new unbelieveable ways to lose games.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3763968 said:
They still find unbelieveable ways to rip your heart out and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

You aren't kidding. I think I've seen this team lose every way possible over the last few years, which is even more ridiculous when you consider how many wins we've had over that same span.

If I believed in curses, I'd say the Cowboys are a prime example.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I can't believe you didn't like McGee. He's what you hoped Henson would be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3764191 said:
I can't believe you didn't like McGee. He's what you hoped Henson would be.
Uh, no he isn't. He isn't even close to what I hoped that guy would be.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3764337 said:
I never said it wasn't harder to come in in the middle of a game and produce.. clearly that's common sense.

My point was.. McGee played better than Skelton.
If you look closely I said the Cardinals won despite playing horrible (being dominated) most of the game. In the hysteria that always happens around here when Dallas loses this was completely lost. So thank you for ratifying what I have been saying.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I just remembered something that I wanted to share and forgot to. South of the stadium there is a wash and a bridge over it. On the bridge at equal intervals there are cut out areas in the concrete as part of the aesthetic appeal. At one time there were obviously big Cardinals logos in each of these cutouts. You can see the outlines of the logo left on the concrete in caulking. Fans have clearly come by and stolen all of them leaving just the caulk outlines of the logo on the bridge.

For some reason that really just struck me as hilarious. Typical Cardinals. Spend a lot of money on a design and trust it to caulking.

morasp

Reaction score
EPL0c0;3762744 said:
DESPITE the missed PAT, Dallas *STILL* had the lead with under 2minutes left and Arizona having only 1 timeout.

4th and 15 with 1:17 left and the defense gives up a 26yd pass play.

I mean really? TWENTY-SIX YARDS on 4th & 15 with the game on the line.

Not the first time the defense has completely choked.

Can't blame it *ALL* on Buehler.

The Defense? What about the offense spotting them 14 points?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3764436 said:
Alot with a little, to put it simply.

I like Fisher, but thats not really accurate.

He's been around a long time and has only sporadic success. He's been able to hire whomever he wants and other than a couple of notable instances, has had alot of input on who they draft and sign.

6 playoff teams in 17 years isnt very impressive. Might not be all his fault, but it still isnt very impressive. He's also had HFA 4 times, and not one of them did he get his team to the super bowl. Thats another black eye IMO.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
dbair1967;3764543 said:
I like Fisher, but thats not really accurate.

He's been around a long time and has only sporadic success. He's been able to hire whomever he wants and other than a couple of notable instances, has had alot of input on who they draft and sign.

6 playoff teams in 17 years isnt very impressive. Might not be all his fault, but it still isnt very impressive. He's also had HFA 4 times, and not one of them did he get his team to the super bowl. Thats another black eye IMO.

Look at the talent he's had to work with a majority of the time.. alot with a little.