A win this week puts Dallas right back in the mix

Aven8

Reaction score
Ya know who I feel worst for? Xavier Su'a-Filo.

His first start with his new team and it's "yeah, you go and block Fletcher Cox tonight."

Talk about a kick in the pills and a no-win situation.

I think he might do better since he's beefier. LG isn't rocket science. We miss beef in there immensely.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Ya know who I feel worst for? Xavier Su'a-Filo.

His first start with his new team and it's "yeah, you go and block Fletcher Cox tonight."

Talk about a kick in the pills and a no-win situation.

And you know the two offensive geniuses will have Zeke running dives on every first down. I can't wait to see the creative game plan they come up with this week to utilize our weapons and take advantage of the Eagle's defensive weaknesses.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you know the two offensive geniuses will have Zeke running dives on every first down. I can't wait to see the creative game plan they come up with this week to utilize our weapons and take advantage of the Eagle's defensive weaknesses.

Just do what I'm doing, sit back, crack open a beer (or two), and watch the last, pathetic days of this franchise and coaching staff as it is currently built.

giphy.gif

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Sure we'll win. Then we'll lose the next 2. That's just what we do.
No, we'll probably win the the next 3-4, beating teams we shouldn't, then everyone will be back on board. Then they'll piss everyone off by losing the last couple of games they should win and missing out on the playoffs. That's the recipe this team follows.:laugh:

basher-eagles.gif

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would if there was a history of things changing and being legitimately good. It never does though. They just go up and down and never win anything. That’s why I never get an answer from anyone. What good is it,if the FO doesn’t change? All the other stuff is secondary window dressing,because we’ll still all be sitting here doing this over,and over,and over. That was Troy’s whole point. “Yeah,you can do this and that,but they need a FO change of how they’ve been doing things for 20+ years.” only to hear ..”We’re just in a bad stretch.” See?

The cold hard fact that I realized a long time ago is that the Jones family will always run the Cowboys. That's the constant that will never change and I work my expectations around that dynamic.

That being said, this dysfunctional hierarchy did hit on a couple of good stretches where we saw two tremendous head coaches come in, surround themselves with outstanding assistants and proceed to build something positive in the way of a football team. This can be done again and it can be done with Jerry in charge. Jerry knows his hires for successors to those two coaches did not live up to expectations and Garrett, a hire I hated from jump street, has really not accomplished anything with this football team as a HC.

Good coaching is critical. Players want to be coached into being better players. the Cowboys have sucked at coaching for many years.

Aven8

Reaction score
I hope you're right, but my hopes are not high. But that goes for just about everything at this point.

Oh, I have no hope. This season is done. What's maddening is these doofuses have taken away our formula for winning. Power football. Wasting Zeke is a travesty!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I have no hope. This season is done. What's maddening is these doofuses have taken away our formula for winning. Power football. Wasting Zeke is a travesty!

Just one among many.

Chill35

Reaction score
Not sure I want us to win and get back on track. This season is a bust. Lose and fire JG.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don’t care about this season. We’re done. I want JG and SL sent packing. I hope we lose 49-3.

A beatdown is the best thing that can happen to this franchise...………like 52-7

I am talking about the type of beatdown that is so bad your own momma sends you a text saying "you suck".:laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I have us losing. Although with the NFC East sometimes the favored team can end up being upset or end up being in a tougher game than expected against the lower tier NFC East team. So, we will see.

If it turns out how I expected to be it should be one step closer to Garrett getting fired.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
I'd rather lose out thru 2019 so Jerry has to burn it down and fire Garrett. Then hire an NFL coach and draft Tua with the #1 overall pick. Refocus starting in 2020, a new vision.

Hadenough

Reaction score
garrett isn't going anywhere, sad but true. Scott is a goner, but Jason is here for life, no matter the record.
Exactly! Everyone surrounding him will be replaced a dozen times and Garrett will still be standing strong saying we need to get better. While Jerry is saying we think we have something special in Garrett!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
A loss pretty much eliminates Dallas too.

Which is it going to be?
the mix of what? we're not consistent enough to say 1 good week is our cure. we can go by past experiences to say 1 good week will be followed by a bad week. when was the last time we put 2 good weeks together?

when was the last time a team that couldn't do that did anything as a team of note during that year?

looking more forward to the walking dead than the game and happy-clappy tonight.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A loss pretty much eliminates Dallas too.

Which is it going to be?
A win today and we are a game out of the deadskins lose. A loss forces us to pretty much run the table. Unless our division bombs and 9-7 gets it. I don’t see us running the table with the falcons and saints coming up.