A win this week puts Dallas right back in the mix

cristglo

Reaction score
I’m thinking an early 2000s, Andy Reid 44-6 kind of beatdown.
Be our freaking luck dak gets hurt on first series Cooper comes in and plays like a young Dak and everybody will start screaming QB of the future Jerry will sign him to a 100 mil contract resign JG and Linehan to muti year contracts and 2019 it starts all over again. I really think jerry sold his sould to the devil for those three SB and now satan has come to collect and Jerry keeps selling more souls to him to extend his stay! :eek::eek::eek::eek::(:mad::p:p:laugh:

cristglo

Reaction score
shoot this lame horse put it out of its misery
Thats the way I feel i want a win because of all the things that has been said but we are not going anywhere WE ALL know it. Lets just get it over with so we can move on and start our recovery process! LOL
If Jerry dont make changes Cowboy Land will be on suicide watch!

Hadenough

Reaction score
LMAO! Who in their right mind would want see the Cowboys win! That would do about as much good as hoping the alcoholic quits drinking for a day! Best thing any Cowboys fan can do is encourage their children DO NOT be a Cowboys fan!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We are like a horse that has just broke his leg, the egirls will put us out of our misery, like you see in those Western movies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A loss pretty much eliminates Dallas too.

Which is it going to be?
We are already eliminated.

No Cowboys team in history has ever started 3-5 and made the playoffs and Garrett dam sure ain’t gonna be the first.

Maybe after the Eagles stomp a mudhole in our arse and walk it dry these delusional “we still in it” threads will finally stop.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A win and Garrett gets an extension. A loss and linehan is gone, Garrett does play-calling and when that fails, we get a new HC in the off season
FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!

Snap the neck and put this sorry arse team out of its misery.

And yes, Scotty is next on deck to fall on the sword for Clappy.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
We were done 2 "must wins" ago...........:facepalm:
Problem is, everyone else keeps losing. Looks like this season may be determined by just winning divisional games. Don’t like our chances at all, but if you’ve followed this team long enough, you know it’s the kind of game they can win, which will put them back in the thick of the race. I’m not so ready to count them out. The ability is there. We saw what was possible in the 1st qtr against the titans, then the wheels fell off. If they can build on that, then anything is possible. The biggest disappointment after this game was that it was supposed to be a win. Very few expected a loss. Overconfidence? Possible, but it was also the first game with a new receiver and new coach and then Lee went out. What this team is possible of will be on display against the eagles. If it’s a stinker, then this season is definitely over. A win won’t guarantee anything, other than keeping hope alive in us diehards. I won’t stop believing till it’s officially over. I don’t want to piss Journey off. :)

GO COWBOYS! STOMP THE EAGLES!
basher-eagles.gif

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m thinking we lose Sunday night in Philly. But even if we do I don’t see two in a row on the road with Atlanta. So 4-6 is their best case. 3-7 is our best case for no Garrett. Per usual lucky Garrett right now is in a bad division. I’m thinking Eagles still have best chance and team

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Ok, we have the Eagles twice, Atlanta & the Saints. What do you all think??
This is where Jerry is forced to get rid of Carrot. It will be so ugly and incompetent from the front office that America's Team as we have known it will be forever gone with the wind.

Carrot is dead man walking.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Every game in the NFL is a must win. The only games that aren't must wins are those at the end of seasons where a final win or loss doesn't change your playoff seeding.
0-1 is not a must win. Many teams start out 0-1 and make the playoffs. It might change your seeding but it won't keep you out of the playoffs.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
0-1 is not a must win. Many teams start out 0-1 and make the playoffs. It might change your seeding but it won't keep you out of the playoffs.
How many seasons past have we missed the playoffs by 1 game? Every game is just as important as another, game 1 and game 14 carry the same weight. It could be argued that that first game against Carolina was the most important game of the year. We finished last year very poorly, confidence in the team, coaching and players was very low. We had a massive amount of turnover in coaches and overhauled many position groups and so many young players. This organization needed to be able to come out strong in that first game, shake off the stench from last season, build confidence in the organization and our young players. Instead, this team looked like they had just met each other for the first time in the parking lot before the game. We had more time to prepare for that game than any other game you play all season, but it was treated like an early preseason game. Despite the final score, we were never really in that game and just set the tone of the season to come. We weren't prepared at any level to play that game and that has continued to show through this season.

Every game needs to be approached as a must win game, the margins to make playoffs and seedings are often decided by just one game. You don't get to pick and choose which games you will win or lose. The next game is always the most important game of the season and when teams don't treat it that way, then you get what we have in Dallas. If there was any game this season that we should have been considered a "must win" it should have been the first one. This team desperately needed to exorcise some of the demons from last season and start from ahead than having to coming from behind.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing to see that there are still a few suckers still left.

Goes to show you how a business model can fail for over twenty years and there are still those who will invest. Now I see why billionaire businessmen dive over one another to get in on sports teams. Even when you lose, you still win.