AAF football operations will be suspended

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dallas should get in on the action.
Yeah we should, Purcells looked great and we need DT help, Sayles and Mbu also looked good. McKay was alright, good speed, but questionable hands, saw him drop too many easy passes. Ward Jr. is intriguing, former UH QB that had been transitioning to WR, good speed, great athlete and could also return punts/KO, had a punt return TD for the Commanders.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He flashed a little. Why not?

I use the "better than Lance Lenoir" scale.

He is over the threshold.

Yes, I would take him over Lenoir. He has good speed, ran a 4.4x/40, looking improved as a WR. I could see him getting some snaps in special packages early on, jet sweep comes to mind, being a former college QB would be a threat to pass or run. ST is a plus

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The problem with any WR we sign now(or draft) is that it's going to be really hard for them to distinguish themselves. .

Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Noah Brown, Cedrick Wilson, and Devin Smith are going to command so many reps in camp that a young guy won't have any real chance to display their skills. Throw in Jason Witten's return and there aren't going to be enough balls to go around. We really should move on from Hurns and save the cap space. We don't really need this many WRs.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The problem with any WR we sign now(or draft) is that it's going to be really hard for them to distinguish themselves. .

Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Noah Brown, Cedrick Wilson, and Devin Smith are going to command so many reps in camp that a young guy won't have any real chance to display their skills. Throw in Jason Witten's return and there aren't going to be enough balls to go around.
So, you are saying we just have too much gosh darn talent?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So, you are saying we just have too much gosh darn talent?
Do I really have to say it?

We appear very deep there with talented players.

Safety, defensive tackle, and tight end still need some work though.

Our back-up QBs could use an upgrade too, unless Mike White is special, because Cooper Rush is not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have not heard Dallas linked to any of the AAF players. That is kinda weird, because usually Dallas is floated for tons of free agents if nothing more than to drive interest in the player by their agents.

Cant imagine these AAF players are asking for too much money, they barely were making league min as it was.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I miss not having some AAF to watch this weekend, I'm gonna miss watching the Commanders and they were drawing some big crowds too. Why couldn't they have waited one more week, The Express with Manziel playing the Commanders in San Antonio, just down the road from where he played HS football, the game was gonna be televised on CBS right before a Final 4 game. The Alamodome would have been rocking, nationally televised game in a great spot would have been nice exposure. I hate Tom Dundon!