Aaron Brooks (former Saints QB)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Saints could not wait to get rid of him.
A whiner/complainer.

Aaron would find a kindred soul in Greg Ellis, though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Anthony Wright is a decent backup QB. We'd have been much better off with him than Brad. I'd rather have someone who can manage a game reasonably well and be young enough to develop into a possible starter and at least into a viable backup.

Again, I think the philosophy of this club need's to change toward's drafting QBs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No point in bringing in another QB. Too late in the season. If Romo goes down, Dallas is done.

Might as well hope that little boy blue can develop into a solid backup with starts going his way.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2405101 said:
Why don't we bring back Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf and Quincy Carter!?!?!?

This is not 2000-2002 and we don't need to grasp at straws. We have a contending team (despite the obvious) and there is no need to reach for a bum QB.

After this season, we will carry 3 QBS for sure. One in draft, and a capable starter/backup type. Here are some options:

Brian Griese - maybe
Brooks Bollinger - oh god
JP Losman - geeze
Byron Leftwitch - maybe

Is there anybody else not named Jeff Garcia we should add to the list?

I like Wright as a backup. Infact, if we had him the last 3 games I bet we wouldn't have lost 2 of the 3.. Wright would be a fine backup..

silver

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2405101 said:
Why don't we bring back Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf and Quincy Carter!?!?!?

This is not 2000-2002 and we don't need to grasp at straws. We have a contending team (despite the obvious) and there is no need to reach for a bum QB.

After this season, we will carry 3 QBS for sure. One in draft, and a capable starter/backup type. Here are some options:

Brian Griese - maybe
Brooks Bollinger - oh god
JP Losman - geeze
Byron Leftwitch - maybe

Is there anybody else not named Jeff Garcia we should add to the list?

it all depends which team drafts a qb high in the first round. if houston gets the first pick both shaub and rosenfels might be available. if the lions get the first pick then kitna and culpepper will be available. who knows who will be expendable? grossman from chicago is another backup possibility.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Would rather see us cut Johnson and add a young player who can possibly be groomed. Maybe off another team's practice squad.

These washed-up vets or never-weres should only be called upon in desperation.

mmohican29

Reaction score
look-i know it would bring alot of national heat, but I'm not opposed to having Q come back as a back-up whatsoever.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2405065 said:
Didn't he run the wrong way on one play? He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He threw the ball the wrong way not once but twice. And he's also made some other bone-headed plays.

You think Brad Johnson is frustrating?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2405050 said:
I'll never forget the footage of Brooks cutting up and laughing on the sidelines as the Colts were beating the Saints 31-0. That was his last season in New Orleans because the fans basically ran him out after seeing that.

i am wondering if he was laughing cause they were losing, which i highly doubt.....or if he was laughing cause everything that could go wrong in that game did, which is more plausible.

dont you ever have those days where it starts out bad, and goes completely downhill from there......i mean it is so unbelievably bad that it is actually comical and all you can do is laugh in disbelief.

ive had those days.....we all have. for that i will not hold it against brooks, mainly cause i have seen several other athletes do the same thing.

BTW...........I dont want Brooks in Dallas