Aaron Donald anyone?

sjmike

Reaction score
Saw an article saying he may be traded because the Rams can't sign him. Would you give up two first rounders for him which seems to be the asking price. He would put this defense over the top. Thoughts?

blueblood70

Reaction score
its apipe dream but it would be a better trade than ET as AD is younger and can effect the defense right away

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you trade DLaw for Donald, straight across?
Yes. AD is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Why would the rams do that? DLaw is an outstanding player but Aaron Donald is way better. And why would Donald want less money here?. He's asking for top defensive dollars on the market, and deserves it. How could that even work here?

DanA

Reaction score
Would you trade DLaw for Donald, straight across?

I'd do it.

If we ever got Irving, Donald, Taco & Gregory on the field together we'd be stronger than what we can put out at the moment IMO.

J12B

Reaction score
I would be open to trading a 1st rounder and Tyrone Crawford.

We maybe able to work out a long term deal with Donald if Crawford is off the books.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes. AD is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Why would the rams do that? DLaw is an outstanding player but Aaron Donald is way better. And why would Donald want less money here?. He's asking for top defensive dollars on the market, and deserves it. How could that even work here?

That's why they might trade him straight across.

Verdict

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be interesting if they traded Lawrence for Donald? Our defense might end up being much better, and the young DEs might fill the void nicely.

On the other hand maybe Donald couldn't beat out the legendary Antwaan Woods.

J12B

Reaction score
Why would the rams do this?

Because they get a 1st rounder and a somewhat decent DT to replace him right away.

There is no way a team is going to give up 2 first rounders for a DT and would get something decent in return.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a great player but so was Suh and then the dolphins gave him 100million to help win a couple games a year. Better to draft 2 guys who can make plays than have 1 guy making plays.

kskboys

Reaction score
Love Donald, but you need a deep DL rotation, one guy doesn't do it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams better win it all in the next 2 years cause they're outta $ ( or at least they will be).

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Rams better win it all in the next 2 years cause they're outta $ ( or at least they will be).

No, the Rams have quite a bit of cap room over the few seasons, under the current cap numbers, they have $58m in 2019, and $117m for 2020, the delay in the cap, is both Rams and Raiders are watiing to see who blinks first before offering their star DL players a new deal, as soon as the first gets a new deal, the 2nd will have to at least match it to a similar number, much like we did with Dez and Denver did with Thomas.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Love Donald, but you need a deep DL rotation, one guy doesn't do it.
With Donald, Irving, D-Law, Woods, and letting the youngsters shake out I think we could be good. I think Crawford becomes odd man out.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
With Donald, Irving, D-Law, Woods, and letting the youngsters shake out I think we could be good. I think Crawford becomes odd man out.

Crawford is playing DE, not DT this season, and unless Donald is in your fantasy team, I would not worry too much about it.