Aaron Donald anyone?

jay94

Reaction score
It will never happen, but in hypothetical land, he would be day one best player on this team as it stands now.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No, the Rams have quite a bit of cap room over the few seasons, under the current cap numbers, they have $58m in 2019, and $117m for 2020, the delay in the cap, is both Rams and Raiders are watiing to see who blinks first before offering their star DL players a new deal, as soon as the first gets a new deal, the 2nd will have to at least match it to a similar number, much like we did with Dez and Denver did with Thomas.

The 2019 cap doesnt include the following:
Suh, Joyner, Donald, Shields, Havenstein, Saffold.

The 2020 cap doesnt include all of the players plus:
Goff, Higbee, Whitworth, Sullivan, Brockers, Talib, Peters, and Zuerlien

This on of trading picks to obtain players.

They are not in a good spot at all cap wise.

J12B

Reaction score

They are betting it all this year to make a superbowl in order to win fans in LA

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO DT IS WORTH 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS. Especially not in our current defensive system. Donald is a beast..but no way am I giving up our future.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score

Suh 1yr deal $16m expires 2018
Joyner 1y $11.287m expires 2018
Sam Shield 1y $915k expires 2018
Havenstein 1y $976k expires 2018

The reason why you cant find these players under cap is because they are not under contract during that year, some will get deals, some will move on.

They are in a very good position cap wise. Donald will get a deal, looking at around $24m per year and around $65m guaranteed.

Mack will get traded from the Raiders.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Donald wants paid now, period. Same with Earl Thomas. Thomas is attainable for the right price. Donald aint happening. He will sit out the season before he takes a pay cut.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mack would fit in Cleveland. Makes them much better right now. I would love to say Dallas...but he doesn't really fit and we are back logged at that position. I think Cleveland or Buffalo would make good landing spots for him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Suh 1yr deal $16m expires 2018
Joyner 1y $11.287m expires 2018
Sam Shield 1y $915k expires 2018
Havenstein 1y $976k expires 2018

The reason why you cant find these players under cap is because they are not under contract during that year, some will get deals, some will move on.

They are in a very good position cap wise. Donald will get a deal, looking at around $24m per year and around $65m guaranteed.

Mack will get traded from the Raiders.

I know they arent under contract. Thats why I stated as much.

So when more thsn half your starters are going to be FAs over the next two years and you only have a little over $50M in CAP space next year that means youre in very big trouble.

They are in a very bad postiion cap wise.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
NO DT IS WORTH 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS. Especially not in our current defensive system. Donald is a beast..but no way am I giving up our future.
This dude would be our future. I would do it. I can assure you this, Dallas is NOT going to draft a DT with our #1 pick next year or the year after that. None of those players would be as good as Donald. I was pissed Dallas did not make a play for him on draft day. Everyone knew he was going to be great. The price then was less than it is now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Donald wants paid now, period. Same with Earl Thomas. Thomas is attainable for the right price. Donald aint happening. He will sit out the season before he takes a pay cut.
Donald would lose his salary if he sits out the season, so that would be a pay cut!!!

Rams can't reduce his salary on an already agreed upon contract w/o his agreement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Donald would lose his salary if he sits out the season, so that would be a pay cut!!!

Rams can't reduce his salary on an already agreed upon contract w/o his agreement.
TRUE...but through the eyes of Donald, he won't see it that way. Sounds like the Rams have a situation on their hands. I'm like you...if its me, I'm playing out my deal until the Rams negotiate with me in good faith or let me walk in free agency later. Its not good business to lose money and cut of your nose to spite your face.My gut feel is the Rams and Donald will figure this out soon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lastly..DONALD IS NOT LEAVING..especially to come here. For a multitude of reasons, he won't be a Cowboy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Rams better win it all in the next 2 years cause they're outta $ ( or at least they will be).

You would have to think that's the case for sure. They aren't messing around. They are spending cap dollars like there is no tomorrow.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would trade 2 1st rounders in an instant if there were 3 yrs left on his deal, not just one.

That would be completely idiotic to give up two first AND pay him massive money. I can't imagine anyone would do that. Picture the Sun deal PLUS two firsts!!

I'm sorry, I just can't see that happening.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
The Rams are working hard about getting the deal done.
Now, Mack & the Raiders are not bothering to even speak. That's the place to go.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Saw an article saying he may be traded because the Rams can't sign him. Would you give up two first rounders for him which seems to be the asking price. He would put this defense over the top. Thoughts?
Remember when Su went to miami and Haynsworth went to Washington. I would never give a player a 100 million dollar contract unless he is a QB. I havent seen it pay off yet. It would also mean that other players on the team wont get paid and to me I think its a good way to divide the locker room.