CFZ Aaron Donald is the missing Piece!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We had a very good defensive draft: We picked up a big run stuffing DT, a LBer/Safety with speed and attitude and a DT/DE who should help at both positions.

We finally used Free Agency to pickup a true difference maker on defense: Gilmore is a smart and athletic, top 10 CB, who will solidify the corner spot opposite DIggs! HUGE upgrade over Brown!!

Aaron Donald, smack dab in the middle of our defense, with the other additions we have made on D, will enable OUR defense to leap frog the Forty Whiners defense and become THE DOMINANT D in the NFL. By DOMINANT, I mean less than 14 points a game.

A DOMINANT D will take so much pressure of Dak. He won’t be expected to throw the ball 40 times a game. Let the D and the running game do most of the heavy lifting. Dak can pick his spots.

Jerry, make this bold Charles Haley type move, and watch us steam roll the Whiners in the playoffs and KC in the Superbowl!!

Carson

Reaction score
Mahomes is also the missing part Or Burrow etc.

Haley was traded because the 49ers are ready to move on after clashes with Seifert.

You’re going to give up about 3 first round picks and multiple day two picks and his contract as well.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We need to pay lamb, micah, diggs, etc
Try to think big!

I never said it would be easy acquire Donald.

This team has had almost 0 success in the playoffs over the last 25 years. When we were winning Super bowls Jerry and Jimmy were making bold moves.

On June 1 we will have some money to spend. Maybe we can get Donald for a 1st and a 2nd. I would make that move. Those would hopefully be late 1st and 2nd’s. Like #32 in the 1st!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Mahomes is also the missing part Or Burrow etc.

Haley was traded because the 49ers are ready to move on after clashes with Seifert.

You’re going to give up about 3 first round picks and multiple day two picks and his contract as well.
I would 100% look into it seriously!
I don’t think it would take 3 first round picks.
A smart GM looks into this situation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our defense is more then fine.

Thinking defense wins in todays NFL is just delusional.

All the rules give the offense every advantage so you take whatever you can get from the defense.

Keep points low and turnovers high. All the other stats are meaningless with defense.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Especially if you could roll back the clock a few years
There are players who could change any team
We are so close to truly being a dominant D. We need to make EVERY effort to find the missing piece.

In the history of the NFL: A dominant D is WAY more important than a dominant O.
Just recently Tampa Bay’s very good, not even dominant D, kicked the crap out of KC and Mahomes in the Superbowl.

conner01

Reaction score
We are so close to truly being a dominant D. We need to make EVERY effort to find the missing piece.

In the history of the NFL: A dominant D is WAY more important than a dominant O.
Just recently Tampa Bay’s very good, not even dominant D, kicked the crap out of KC and Mahomes in the Superbowl.
It’s not an actual option. The cost in picks would be huge and his cap hits would make keeping the young talent we have impossible
It’s a nice dream but not reality
Every team would love to have one of the greatest defensive players ever

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would take giving up the farm to get Aaron Donald and the guy was talking retirement two years ago. Plus he’s going to be 32. He’s not looking to be traded. The Cowboys couldn’t afford to pay him, Parsons, Diggs, and CeeDee. Just another silly casual fan thread.

GoldenR

Reaction score
The only thing missing is Dak in big games. O-line? check. Corners? check. WR's? check. LB's? check. Safeties? check. D-line, Edge? check. RB's? check. Have a nice day folks.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Our defense is more then fine.

Thinking defense wins in todays NFL is just delusional.

All the rules give the offense every advantage so you take whatever you can get from the defense.

Keep points low and turnovers high. All the other stats are meaningless with defense.
You are clueless like most fans. You have no idea how much a truly dominant D helps the whole team, including Dak and the offense.

Our defense was good last year, but it was FAR from dominant. Even vs the Whiners. A dominant D would not have given up a 10 minute drive in the 3rd quarter, where the Whiners ran it down our throats. They also went thru our D like butter, to kick a FG at the end of the 1st half.

You must have missed the Superbowl just a couple years ago when Mahomes and KC got manhandled by a very good D, not even a dominant D!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The only thing missing is Dak in big games. O-line? check. Corners? check. WR's? check. LB's? check. Safeties? check. D-line, Edge? check. RB's? check. Have a nice day folks.
I agree! Dak is a liability.

The only way he wins a Superbowl is with a truly Dominant D.
Like I have said, a truly dominant D helps the offense immensely!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It would take giving up the farm to get Aaron Donald and the guy was talking retirement two years ago. Plus he’s going to be 32. He’s not looking to be traded. The Cowboys couldn’t afford to pay him, Parsons, Diggs, and CeeDee. Just another silly casual fan thread.
Teams win Super-bowls all the time by going out and signing the missing piece or two during the off season or even during the season( look at the Rams picking up OBJ ).

Again, never said this would be easy or that we can’t win the Superbowl without Donald. Donald would definitely make it easier in the short term though.

Also, what adult uses the word silly in that context.

I’m a casual fan? What are you a serious fan who wears his Cowboys gear to bed?