Aaron Rodgers deal is "essentially done" if he decides he wants to be traded to the Jets

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he comes he is 100 percent the starter because otherwise the coaches lose the locker room. There is no way the Packers would do that because it’s an unwinnable position for Love. The 3 options are: Rodgers goes to Jets, Rodgers retires, or Rodgers says he is going back to the Packers and starts.

Also Love played 0 games in 2020 so he has no stats for that year to track.
Like I said the Packers GM said Love would get opportunities this upcoming season. He may not start, but they plan on playing him. Nothing I’ve heard points to Rodgers being back in Green Bay.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on comments from the Packers GM, it does not sound like the team wants him back for 50M. The uber sensitive Rodgers will almost certainly feel not respected.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Abot 90% shot he will. He has that much diva in him. I would want to retire a Packer; he has had a good run.

Adreme

Reaction score
Like I said the Packers GM said Love would get opportunities this upcoming season. He may not start, but they plan on playing him. Nothing I’ve heard points to Rodgers being back in Green Bay.
Because the Packers are assuming Rodgers is leaving. If Rodgers said he was coming back and not waiving the no trade clause they would have to trade Love because they cannot start him without losing the locker room. You cannot start a player that everyone on the team around the team and in the community perceives as far worse and claim to be about winning and once that happens you lose the team and once you lose the team there is no getting it back.

Now Rodgers is almost certainly not going to do that and I would suspect that he has told Green Bay as such but there is nothing stopping him from doing that and if he did Green Bay would have to start him and they know it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because the Packers are assuming Rodgers is leaving. If Rodgers said he was coming back and not waiving the no trade clause they would have to trade Love because they cannot start him without losing the locker room. You cannot start a player that everyone on the team around the team and in the community perceives as far worse and claim to be about winning and once that happens you lose the team and once you lose the team there is no getting it back.

Now Rodgers is almost certainly not going to do that and I would suspect that he has told Green Bay as such but there is nothing stopping him from doing that and if he did Green Bay would have to start him and they know it.
They’re not going to lose the locker room, because I think the fans are fed up with Rodgers and his drama and even some of his teammates. Plus they’re not winning with him. Everyone including the fans are ready to see what Jordan Love has. They have to find out about him now because he’s nearing the end of his contract.

DFWJC

Reaction score
if he goes there i’m sure they’ll get OBJ or maybe DHop
Maybe. They do already have fairly decent weapons with Wilson, Moore, Davis and Hall
Adding one of them would give him possibly the best WR group of his career