Aaron Rodgers deal is "essentially done" if he decides he wants to be traded to the Jets

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol what do you mean they are more than a QB away?great young WR group, top 4 defense both yds/game and pts/game…one of the best possible landing spot
They were 7-10 and last in the AFC East. Lol They have serious OL issues, you might want to read up I posted a link yesterday. Although they have a young WR group with potential they don’t have an elite receiver. They don’t have a Mike, Evans, AJ, Brown, Tyreek Hill, or a Deebo, Samuel. A big problem for Rodgers this past season in Green Bay was not having an experienced elite receiver. Anyone who thinks the Jets are QB away from overtaking, the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals and a few other teams in the AFC is lost. The Jets are a horrible landing spot for any QB, just look at the graveyard of QBs they’ve had the past few decades. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. But besides QB, their main problem is OL. If they can shore that up, I wouldn't be too sure they'll come in 3rd in the division. There's no sense in even trading for Rodgers if they weren't going to address the offensive line.

I watch NFL network too, and your guess is as good as theirs. They're really good at picking chalk, but that's about it. We've had how many SBs since the merger? In at least half of those super bowls had a team that wasn't in the playoffs the previous year. Never once have I heard any of these so called experts say, watch out for that team. Or even pick them as a dark horse. Yet there they are, in the SB.
It’s going to be tough for them to shore up their OL in one offseason.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Elijah Moore has put up less than 1000 yards the last two seasons. Garrett Wilson had 1100 yards and 4 TDs. Certainly not a bad rookie season, but a long way from being an elite receiver.
Hmmmm, 1100 yds & 4 TD's without much QB play and a decimated Oline. Elijah will be a different story with a legit QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Geno Smith is the only QB that’s left the Jets and was able to resurrect their career somewhere else. The Jets fan base is brutal which is a big reason why a QB’s confidence is shot once they leave New York.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hmmmm, 1100 yds & 4 TD's without much QB play and a decimated Oline. Elijah will be a different story with a legit QB.
A decimated OL is going to be a big problem, especially for an aging QB. Rodgers will certainly help them, but they still have other issues.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A decimated OL is going to be a big problem for an aging QB. Rodgers will certainly help them, but they still have other issues.
Well, I'll be the first to say I'm not an expert on their OL but I do think they have some good, young players who are hopefully back from injury. I do think they need to replace parts of their OL. But the consensus is they have a pretty good team otherwise. A veteran QB like AR will lean on the great young RB's and take his shots. Can they dethrone the Bills? Don't know but I think they have a good shot to make some noise with better QB play.

erod

Reaction score
There's a Super Bowl appearance there if Jerry and McCarthy could get him here, but not holding my breath.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What I'm seeing on spotrac if he's traded or released he has 99mil in dead money lol. How do you trade that?
The option bonus of 58M gets picked up before week1. (if not picked up it converts to base salary but is GTD either way!)
Whatever team he goes to in trade would own that.

Packers would trade him for a tub of water at this point but the receiving team isn't picking up all that money unless he tells them he is 100% all in for them.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The option bonus of 58M gets picked up before week1. (if not picked up it converts to base salary but is GTD either way!)
Whatever team he goes to in trade would own that.

Packers would trade him for a tub of water at this point but the receiving team isn't picking up all that money unless he tells them he is 100% all in for them.
Apparently nyj already have a deal in place just waiting on Karen to agree

Adreme

Reaction score
Every report I’ve seen says the Packers want to move on from him.
It really is not their call though. No trade clause plus he is uncuttable so if Rodgers tomorrow said he is playing another year in Green Bay then that is what happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It really is not their call though. No trade clause plus he is uncuttable so if Rodgers tomorrow said he is playing another year in Green Bay then that is what happens.
According to the Packers, Rodgers will only stay in Green Bay if it doesn’t work out the way they want it to. However, according to their GM a couple of weeks ago, Jordan Love will get his opportunities this upcoming season which means Rodgers could find himself on the bench at times, if not full-time. Everyone who’s close to the Packers has said they’re done with Rodgers and want to move on. I’m thinking a deal will get done at some point whether it’s with the Jets or someone else because this is not a healthy situation for Rodgers, or the Packers. He doesn’t want to be there and they don’t want him. They clearly want to see what they have in Jordan Love who’s entering his third season.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
According to the Packers, Rodgers will only stay in Green Bay if it doesn’t work out the way they want it to. However, according to their GM a couple of weeks ago, Jordan Love will get his opportunities this upcoming season which means Rodgers could find himself on the bench at times, if not full-time. Everyone who’s close to the Packers has said they’re done with Rodgers and want to move on. I’m thinking a deal will get done at some point whether it’s with the Jets or someone else because this is not a healthy situation for Rodgers, or the Packers. He doesn’t want to be there and they don’t want him. They clearly want to see what they have in Jordan Love who’s entering his third season.
Jordan Love is entering his 4th season and if Rogers decides to he can just decide to make 50m per year for the next 2 years. There is no real counter to that by the Packers.

If they want to pay him 100m to relax as the backup I suspect he would not mind but the Packers can’t do that because the team will not stay together when you are starting someone at QB that every player knows, or believes, is worse than the backup.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jordan Love is entering his 4th season and if Rogers decides to he can just decide to make 50m per year for the next 2 years. There is no real counter to that by the Packers.

If they want to pay him 100m to relax as the backup I suspect he would not mind but the Packers can’t do that because the team will not stay together when you are starting someone at QB that every player knows, or believes, is worse than the backup.
I originally put it was his fourth season, but according to pro football reference they only list two seasons for him. However, he was drafted in 2020. I can’t see Rodgers being willing to sit as a backup just to get paid. Can’t see him wanting to go out like that.

Adreme

Reaction score
I originally put it was his fourth season, but according to pro football reference they only list two seasons for him. However, he was drafted in 2020. I can’t see Rodgers being willing to sit as a backup just to get paid. Can’t see him wanting to go out like that.
If he comes he is 100 percent the starter because otherwise the coaches lose the locker room. There is no way the Packers would do that because it’s an unwinnable position for Love. The 3 options are: Rodgers goes to Jets, Rodgers retires, or Rodgers says he is going back to the Packers and starts.

Also Love played 0 games in 2020 so he has no stats for that year to track.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My prediction: He'll be a Jet next season and they'll make the playoffs.