ABQ/ABQJr's Easter Mock (or at least started on Easter)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Projecting the 1st round to play out as follows:

Texans - Clowney
Rams - Robinson
Jacksonville - Bortles
Browns - Manziel
Raiders - Matthews
Falcons - Mack
Bucs - Watkins
Vikings - Barr
Bills - Evans
Lions - Dennard
Titans - Mosely
Giants - Lewan
Bears - Donald
Steelers - Nix

Cleveland trades up to take Justin Gilbert CB at 16. Dallas trades down to 26th (1st Rd) and picks up #71 (3rd Rd) and #106 (4th Rd), in return.

Ravens - Ebron
Jets - Cooks
Fins - Lee
Cards - Shazier
Pack - Clinton-Dix
Eagles - Ford
Chiefs - Martin
Bengals - Pryor

Vikings trade up to take Bridgewater QB at 25. Bolts trade down to 40th (2nd Rd) and 72nd (3rd Rd) in return.

Cowboys - Tuitt
Saints - Lawrence
Panthers - Beckham
Pats - Jernigan
49ers - Su'a-Filo
Broncos - Fuller
Seattle - Hageman

#26 - Steven Tuitt - DT/DE
#47 - Jeremiah Attaochu - DE
#72 - JaWuan James - OT
#78 - Telvon Smith - LB/S
#106 - Chris Jones - ILB
#119 - Aaron Murray - QB
#158 - Brandon Thomas - OG
#229 - Walt Aikens - CB
#231 - Josh Huff - WR
#238 - Trey Millard - FB
#248 - Zack Kerr - DT/FB
#251 - Tyler Starr - OLB
#254 - Marcus Heit - LS

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope it does not pan out that way. No players left I want at 16. Mostly because I am worried that it could happen like that but we get no decent offers to trade down so we are stuck at 16 with nobody we really like at 16.

I don't mind the trade down but not too keen on Tuitt unless it was in later rounds. Just not big on him at all.

Like most of the rest of the picks though with an exception here and there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hope it does not pan out that way. No players left I want at 16. Mostly because I am worried that it could happen like that but we get no decent offers to trade down so we are stuck at 16 with nobody we really like at 16.

I don't mind the trade down but not too keen on Tuitt unless it was in later rounds. Just not big on him at all.

Like most of the rest of the picks though with an exception here and there.

I originally had Jernigan there but ABQJr. wanted Tuitt and doesnt' really like Jernigan so I switched them. I like Tuitt better as well and I really do think he's going to be a heck of a football player but I guess we'll see.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I originally had Jernigan there but ABQJr. wanted Tuitt and doesnt' really like Jernigan so I switched them. I like Tuitt better as well and I really do think he's going to be a heck of a football player but I guess we'll see.

I think I like Lawrence better. But in the end I don't know if either will wind up being anything more than just serviceable. Not too many DEs in this draft that get me excited. I think Barr and Attaochu (who I liked you taking in the second) might be the guys that turn out pretty good but it may be a slow process for them to be full time starters that are also playmakers...if that makes sense.

tm1119

Reaction score
I would be pretty happy with the 1st 4 picks. Jones and Murray I could do without though. And I think Aikens and Huff are pipe dreams lasting as long as you have them. Both will be gone.

Good job overall though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would be pretty happy with the 1st 4 picks. Jones and Murray I could do without though. And I think Aikens and Huff are pipe dreams lasting as long as you have them. Both will be gone.

Good job overall though.

Hard to say with Huff and Aikens. I've seen them all over the board from 4th rd to FA. You could easily be correct on both of those players.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think I like Lawrence better. But in the end I don't know if either will wind up being anything more than just serviceable. Not too many DEs in this draft that get me excited. I think Barr and Attaochu (who I liked you taking in the second) might be the guys that turn out pretty good but it may be a slow process for them to be full time starters that are also playmakers...if that makes sense.

I like Lawrence but not as much as a lot of guys do. He's probably going to go in the 1st round and I would not draft him there. I watched him a lot at Boise St. Good OTs have a tendency to get into his pads and once they do, he doesn't go anywhere. Looks like he's on skates too often. He can correct that with coaching but I dont' think he will ever be a dominating pass rush guy in the NFL. Could be wrong though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If it played out this way < 16, I would think Dallas would take Martin.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Martin would have been the pick had we not traded in that scenario but the value of picking up an extra 3rd and 4th as well as a player the Cowboys are interested in at 26 was the scenario I worked around. ABQJr. and I specifically did this mock with the idea of a realistic trade scenario (at least as realistic as we could make it filled with Easter Goodies), which may not be all that realistic. LOL....

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin would have been the pick had we not traded in that scenario but the value of picking up an extra 3rd and 4th as well as a player the Cowboys are interested in at 26 was the scenario I worked around. ABQJr. and I specifically did this mock with the idea of a realistic trade scenario (at least as realistic as we could make it filled with Easter Goodies), which may not be all that realistic. LOL....

Well I change my original thought than. Don't know why but thought he was gone as well. So no trade down and take him would be ok (talking about how I worry about nobody left and no workable trade).

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Agreed.

I will say this, Tuitt seems like the classic Cowboy pick in this scenario.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I wonder if they would take Lawerence in this situation. Seems the word is they like him and I haven't seen much talk about Tuitt and the Cowboys. Do you know if they have talked to him or if he plans to visit? I would be happy with this mock.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wonder if they would take Lawerence in this situation. Seems the word is they like him and I haven't seen much talk about Tuitt and the Cowboys. Do you know if they have talked to him or if he plans to visit? I would be happy with this mock.

They brought Tuitt in for a workout. They like him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
To make the trade work on the trade value chart we probably gotta give them back a 7th or just take their 5th instead of the 4th.
Slightly in our favor as is. Truth is unless someone wants a QB we probably gotta give someone else a value to make a deal.--like last year.

Tuitt would appeal a lot more to me if we were still a 3-4 team.
He's a big boy who could easily end up about 325 pounds.
Not an explosion guy but a very strong, physical player who can get pressure with brute strength, length and technique.

In scenario above I'd take that trade down for sure.

Not a great fan of the draft choices you've made but they are fair.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
If I could have talked senior into it, we would have taken Crichton first.

visionary

Reaction score

i would take that trade but pick jernigan instead of tuitt

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If I could have talked senior into it, we would have taken Crichton first.

I think that probably makes more sense for a 4-3 team that just added Henry Melton than Tuitt.
If you trade down you want to be targeting a guy like we did with Frederick last year.
Crichton seems a good candidate for such a move.

Having a spot to play a guy and a plan for the guy is big.
Getting him first team reps from basically day 1.