Absolutely frustrated

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just can't believe we as fans are being put through another year of Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan. It's so frustrating and just pretty much ruined our season before it ever had a chance.

If Dallas is to have a good year we will have to do what we've done in the past and that's win in spite of these guys somehow.

Things that went right:

I thought the punter Jones was amazing. He was the MVP of our team yesterday.

Taco Charlton looked really good.

Demarcus Lawrence doesn't look like a 1 year wonder.

Overall the defense just played a good game outside of not being prepared for Cam to run the football.

I loved some of those blitzes on 3rd down. Overall the pass rush was impressive.

Things that went wrong:

Offensive scheme is still absolute trash.

Jaylon Smith still looks like Long John Silver at linebacker. His blitzes were really nice but anytime he has to turn quick he looks like a sail boat.

Sean Lee was awful. Missing routine tackles and giving up big plays.

Dak's accuracy was poor. I know it was raining a lot but my gosh.

TE's are trash.

If i'm an NFL Defensive Tackle i'd take 1 look at Connor Williams and know that im not going to get roughed up much. He needs time. He may not make many mental mistakes but he has a ways to go physically.

Final thoughts:

Don't give up on Dak yet. Be patient with him. I still think he's going to be a really good player for us but he's not ever going to wow us as a prolific passer. He needs to be FORCED to use his legs more by the coaches.

Get Vander Esch more involved on pass downs.

Play Rico. (Seriously what have you got to lose) He might make a wow play in your offense that requires players to overcome your scheme.

Getting rid of Dez Bryant was stupid and we are a worse football team without him. I'd trade all of our WR's for him right now.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I just can't believe we as fans are being put through another year of Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan. It's so frustrating and just pretty much ruined our season before it ever had a chance.

If Dallas is to have a good year we will have to do what we've done in the past and that's win in spite of these guys somehow.

Things that went right:

I thought the punter Jones was amazing. He was the MVP of our team yesterday.

Taco Charlton looked really good.

Demarcus Lawrence doesn't look like a 1 year wonder.

Overall the defense just played a good game outside of not being prepared for Cam to run the football.

I loved some of those blitzes on 3rd down. Overall the pass rush was impressive.

Things that went wrong:

Offensive scheme is still absolute trash.

Jaylon Smith still looks like Long John Silver at linebacker. His blitzes were really nice but anytime he has to turn quick he looks like a sail boat.

Sean Lee was awful. Missing routine tackles and giving up big plays.

Dak's accuracy was poor. I know it was raining a lot but my gosh.

TE's are trash.

If i'm an NFL Defensive Tackle i'd take 1 look at Connor Williams and know that im not going to get roughed up much. He needs time. He may not make many mental mistakes but he has a ways to go physically.

Final thoughts:

Don't give up on Dak yet. Be patient with him. I still think he's going to be a really good player for us but he's not ever going to wow us as a prolific passer. He needs to be FORCED to use his legs more by the coaches.

Get Vander Esch more involved on pass downs.

Play Rico. (Seriously what have you got to lose) He might make a wow play in your offense that requires players to overcome your scheme.

Getting rid of Dez Bryant was stupid and we are a worse football team without him. I'd trade all of our WR's for him right now.
Agree I felt like I was watching the Seattle game from last year. Very frustrating.

Aven8

Reaction score
I've wanted JG fired forever and am now at my wits end. Bob Sturm was on his show just last week saying he's fine with the talent on the team but can't see us doing anything until JG is gone. That's where I'm at. I will watch and complain but I'm done hoping anymore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I've wanted JG fired forever and am now at my wits end. Bob Sturm was on his show just last week saying he's fine with the talent on the team but can't see us doing anything until JG is gone. That's where I'm at. I will watch and complain but I'm done hoping anymore.
Until that loser is off the sideline I am not hoping for anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It just makes you sick as a fan knowing he puts us at such a disadvantage.

We've had some really good teams in the past but it's hard to overcome our own coaches and Aaron Rodgers at the same time.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Your Dak and Dez arguments are way off. If you aren’t giving up on Dak you know nothing about quality QB play. His rookie season was a fluke, it’s obvious now. And Dez is a punk that is out of the league...he’s a cancer and an average WR at best. Should we have signed higher quality receivers? Yes. But receivers can’t do much when the QB throws 5 yards short or 3 yards behind them.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ok 1st year as HC he was too involved since he needs to do less walking around and put some boots to ***** coaches and players a like. He needs to tell Scott give me your proposed gameplan let me signoff same with Marinelli

tm1119

Reaction score
It happens when a large percentage of fans buy into this crap...how many fans on this board just accepted the theory that signing free agents is a negative thing? How many said we’d be fine at WR/TE/S because “we like our guys”? Nothing will change while the franchise is essentially printing $ to the tune of a huge profit.
Fans need to hit Jerry where it hurts him...which I don’t think will ever happen.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is a really good assessment. Again, you can’t give up on Dak, 1) He’s the same kid who went 13-3 his rookie season and 2) There’s nobody else.

Is this the year that Sean Lee hits a wall and shows his age? Personally I’d attribute it to not playing in the pre-season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are going to do what they do. Doesn't losing the season opener seem like it's just one of those things they do? This seems so familiar.

Aven8

Reaction score
It just makes you sick as a fan knowing he puts us at such a disadvantage.

We've had some really good teams in the past but it's hard to overcome our own coaches and Aaron Rodgers at the same time.

The philosophy of this team by getting younger is not a bad idea, and JG seems to be a good at a routine, which these young players need during the week. But the schemes and football part of the equation isn't there unfortunately. It's time for a change.

jrumann59

Reaction score
This is a really good assessment. Again, you can’t give up on Dak, 1) He’s the same kid who went 13-3 his rookie season and 2) There’s nobody else.

Is this the year that Sean Lee hits a wall and shows his age? Personally I’d attribute it to not playing in the pre-season.
I disagree. Minnesota Vikings all those years ago had Randy and Cris and they made pretty much any QB look awesome when they left those same Pro Bowl QBs became trash. Basing something of today on something of yesterday will have you constantly chasing the past. It was awesome that Dak went 13-3 his rookie year but fans here sound like Commanders fans defending RG3.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Agree about Jaylon Smith. Not too worried about Sean Lee because it's Sean Lee. Surprised we didn't go with LVE and Joe Thomas more when Wilson and Smith were having terrible games. Surprised Wilson is starting at all when he's the 5th best LB.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the ship is sinking pretty fast but there is nothing can do now I thought they would lose yesterday but I didn't think they would look that bad they play of lot of teams with good defenses early so it could get really bad really fast I think they also lose to the giants and the seahawks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your Dak and Dez arguments are way off. If you aren’t giving up on Dak you know nothing about quality QB play. His rookie season was a fluke, it’s obvious now. And Dez is a punk that is out of the league...he’s a cancer and an average WR at best. Should we have signed higher quality receivers? Yes. But receivers can’t do much when the QB throws 5 yards short or 3 yards behind them.

So Dez is average but Dak sucks?

Dez was never close to average until Dak arrived.

kento40

Reaction score

That's before defenses had film on him. The curtain has been pulled back and now the entire league sees that the Wizard of Oz, is simply just a man.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m used to it by now.

I used to get angry, not eat, ruin my week.

Until Garrett is gone, expect this.