According to PFF Mazi Smith still struggling a lot

RS12

Reaction score

PICK NO. 26: DALLAS COWBOYS: DI MAZI SMITH

Overall Rookie Grade: 43.8 (Rank: 11/13)
Principal Opponent:
Aaron Banks
Week 5 Snaps: 22
Week 5 Grade: 32.8

Smith’s Week 5 performance epitomized the Cowboys’ showing against San Francisco. He won a couple of pass-rushing reps but was manhandled multiple times in the run game, grading out negatively on six of his 14 run-defense snaps. His season-long run defense grade of 30.0 is currently the sixth lowest among qualified defensive tackles.

I wouldnt say I am worried about him just yet. I would say getting man handled on run plays is concerning. Particularly when a number one pick was used on him to have that exact thing NOT happen.

John813

Reaction score

Hopefully it clicks soon cause it looks like he's a few years away from anything

That or ban McClay from any input for Michigan prospects

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Seems the Cowboys should have traded this pick instead of making a selection. Easier said then done, but it is what it is. Now they're stuck with a player that isn't worth a 4th rd pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

PICK NO. 26: DALLAS COWBOYS: DI MAZI SMITH

Overall Rookie Grade: 43.8 (Rank: 11/13)
Principal Opponent:
Aaron Banks
Week 5 Snaps: 22
Week 5 Grade: 32.8

Smith’s Week 5 performance epitomized the Cowboys’ showing against San Francisco. He won a couple of pass-rushing reps but was manhandled multiple times in the run game, grading out negatively on six of his 14 run-defense snaps. His season-long run defense grade of 30.0 is currently the sixth lowest among qualified defensive tackles.

I wouldnt say I am worried about him just yet. I would say getting man handled on run plays is concerning. Particularly when a number one pick was used on him to have that exact thing NOT happen.
Gotta five him 2 years im told. After all he was a project. Lol

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Seems the Cowboys should have traded this pick instead of making a selection. Easier said then done, but it is what it is. Now they're stuck with a player that isn't worth a 4th rd pick.
You mean traded back for more Rd2 or Rd3 picks? Not like we did any better in those rounds