According to PFF Mazi Smith still struggling a lot

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Where did he say he doesn’t like football? Don’t know why some of you bother to post if you’re not going to be serious.
How do you know whether I'm serious or not?

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...orts/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article277844138.html

Gambit

Reaction score
Where did he say he doesn’t like football? Don’t know why some of you bother to post if you’re not going to be serious.
It was an on the spot training camp comment he made, any reasonable fan actually listening to him knows he was just being hyperbolic in the moment.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was an on the spot training camp comment he made, any reasonable fan actually listening to him knows he was just being hyperbolic in the moment.
This is the first I’ve heard about it.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The big washouts are what you don't want to see.

I can deal with an anonymous rookie NT who just sits there and wrestles guys and doesn't really make an impact. Holding up against the planet's best linemen comes first, and then hopefully beating them will come later. But if a guy as physically talented as Mazi isn't getting to step 1, and he's out there getting shoved around like a blocking dummy, that makes you question if step 2 is going to happen.

I won't overreact to his performance vs SF, because that was a total snowball loss. Even Parsons looked bad out there. But for Mazi, it's a step in the wrong direction.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mazi Smith needs time to prove himself before members here make these premature comments about his play. We're a very tough crowd in that regard. Defensive tackles take more time to prove themselves -- it often takes several years far that to occur in professional football. Let's be fair.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

PICK NO. 26: DALLAS COWBOYS: DI MAZI SMITH

Overall Rookie Grade: 43.8 (Rank: 11/13)
Principal Opponent:
Aaron Banks
Week 5 Snaps: 22
Week 5 Grade: 32.8

Smith’s Week 5 performance epitomized the Cowboys’ showing against San Francisco. He won a couple of pass-rushing reps but was manhandled multiple times in the run game, grading out negatively on six of his 14 run-defense snaps. His season-long run defense grade of 30.0 is currently the sixth lowest among qualified defensive tackles.

I wouldnt say I am worried about him just yet. I would say getting man handled on run plays is concerning. Particularly when a number one pick was used on him to have that exact thing NOT happen.
This dude is supposed to have exceptional strength, like wasn't he dead lifting like 900 pounds in the Michigan weight room?

How the hell can you be that strong and get tossed around like a rag doll all game :huh:

plymkr

Reaction score
Getting zero contribution from '23 draft. Impressive
Yeah that’s discouraging. Hopefully in seasons to come they up game like Tolbert did, but right now we’re hurting due to their poor production.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

PICK NO. 26: DALLAS COWBOYS: DI MAZI SMITH

Overall Rookie Grade: 43.8 (Rank: 11/13)
Principal Opponent:
Aaron Banks
Week 5 Snaps: 22
Week 5 Grade: 32.8

Smith’s Week 5 performance epitomized the Cowboys’ showing against San Francisco. He won a couple of pass-rushing reps but was manhandled multiple times in the run game, grading out negatively on six of his 14 run-defense snaps. His season-long run defense grade of 30.0 is currently the sixth lowest among qualified defensive tackles.

I wouldnt say I am worried about him just yet. I would say getting man handled on run plays is concerning. Particularly when a number one pick was used on him to have that exact thing NOT happen.
Taco are you there buddy???
Hey Taco did you gain weight??
Man that Will McClay can really pick them.................. right????:facepalm: