Adalius Thomas to get tagged

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ravens Free Agency Update --
Tue Jan 16, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens expect to keep most of the team intact, which likely means using the franchise tag on LB Adalius Thomas. According to a league source, the Ravens are poised to use the tag on Thomas if they can't sign him to a new deal by next month. And HC Brian Billick indicated that the Ravens won't have a huge presence in free agency. "We have fewer unanswered questions going forward than any time since I've been here with regard to our personnel, our quarterbacking situation, the direction of the offense, the personnel that will be staffing it," said Billick, who will be entering his ninth season as the team's coach. "There are a lot of things to be optimistic about, and I'm excited about it going forward." Most of the Ravens' tweaks are likely to come on offense, from the starting running back to an already improved line.

slick325

Reaction score
Not shocked at all. Freeney is next then hopefully this board can calm down about spending unreal money on more LB's.

Reaction score
slick325;1316654 said:
Not shocked at all. Freeney is next then hopefully this board can calm down about spending unreal money on more LB's.

Umm they need to spend the money...

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
no worries.... would rather have briggs - chicago never tags any1 - don't think they ever have....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Shocking.

Now we can all concentrate on players that might actually be available when FA comes around.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Good. Let us find the next adalius thomas in the draft and stay away from free agency, like the top tier organizations do.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
We are gonna need a DE anyway, IMO.

I was on the Thomas bandwagon but I get the feeling we are gonna keep Carp on the outside and give Bradie James another shot at ILB (which kills me).

We are gonna need to look at a pass rushing 3-4 DE... I think Woodley can play the position, but my Blue and Maize goggles might be clouding this ;)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cbz40;1316826 said:
Is anyone really surprised????

Nope. With the salary CAP starting to sky rocket we are going to see a lot smaller number of quality players hitting the FA market the next few years. I really doubt Jerry would of pursued him anyway, he doesnt like paying big dollars to LBs.

slick325

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1316672 said:
Umm they need to spend the money...

They need another pressure player. I don't believe he needs to be high priced. My position is that Dallas get a situational rusher in the form of a former college DE who is too small to play the position in the pros. A tweener with ability and from a big time program. My suggestion is drafting Marquies Gunn from Auburn in the 3rd in order to be that guy. His job would be to get the passer 1st and learn the LB position later. That way Carp starts and we see what he's got but we also would have a pressure guy taken on day one who will see the field as well.

That approach will gain a pressure player yet not break the bank at LB like Jerry has in the last two seasons.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
slick325;1316837 said:
They need another pressure player. I don't believe he needs to be high priced. My position is that Dallas get a situational rusher in the form of a former college DE who is too small to play the position in the pros. A tweener with ability and from a big time program. My suggestion is drafting Marquies Gunn from Auburn in the 3rd in order to be that guy. His job would be to get the passer 1st and learn the LB position later. That way Carp starts and we see what he's got but we also would have a pressure guy taken on day one who will see the field as well.

That approach will gain a pressure player yet not break the bank at LB like Jerry has in the last two seasons.

Getting an unproven commodity hasnt worked the last 7 years, why are you so sure it will work now?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
If Carp isnt moved to ILB to take over for Bradie James then all this tweener talk can get throw out.

We will need a true 3-4 DE who can get to the QB, unless one of the guys on our team can step up and do so