Adalius Thomas to get tagged

slick325

Reaction score
Doomsday;1316841 said:
Getting an unproven commodity hasnt worked the last 7 years, why are you so sure it will work now?

Never can be too sure but it seems to work for other franchises that have been MUCH more successful in recent years than our beloved team. (See Philly, N.E., Chicago, Indy).

Free agency is just as much a gamble as the draft. The Commanders and Dallas to a certain extent are proof of that. Rivera was a former Pro Bowler, hasn't worked out. Vanderjagt. Nuff said. Dat Dude Wiley. :eek:

I believe we have talent on the defense and need just a few more pieces. A situation like I suggest may simplify the game for a player like Gunn or whomever we get. He won't be asked to think too much like Carp, Ware, Roy Willy, Canty and Spears. He would just play all out on obvious passing downs. Based on the money we have invested at LB over the past year, I don't see Jerry making a big splash there unless it is too good to be true (Gaines Adams falls to us or something or Merriman is cut and comes to Love Field in Dallas for a job).

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
slick325;1316854 said:
Free agency is just as much a gamble as the draft. The Commanders and Dallas to a certain extent are proof of that. Rivera was a former Pro Bowler, hasn't worked out. Vanderjagt. Nuff said. Dat Dude Wiley. :eek:

Rivera and Vanderjagt are both over the hill.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1316643 said:
Ravens Free Agency Update --
Tue Jan 16, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens expect to keep most of the team intact, which likely means using the franchise tag on LB Adalius Thomas. According to a league source, the Ravens are poised to use the tag on Thomas if they can't sign him to a new deal by next month. And HC Brian Billick indicated that the Ravens won't have a huge presence in free agency. "We have fewer unanswered questions going forward than any time since I've been here with regard to our personnel, our quarterbacking situation, the direction of the offense, the personnel that will be staffing it," said Billick, who will be entering his ninth season as the team's coach. "There are a lot of things to be optimistic about, and I'm excited about it going forward." Most of the Ravens' tweaks are likely to come on offense, from the starting running back to an already improved line.

now why can't bellick just sit there and ponder the meaning of life and his desire to go on? i mean, the season is over - go take a break! talking football is such nonsense now that they're out!!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1316647 said:
damn you BIll, if only you made your decision sooner!! RABBLE

oh i'm sorry, is this another "Coach in need of a break" threads? it's pretty common i hear. at least if you're BP and can fit a very limited criteria of this being acceptable.

slick325

Reaction score
Doomsday;1316875 said:
Rivera and Vanderjagt are both over the hill.

True but both were still efficient. Adalius Thomas will be 30 next season if I'm not mistaken and people were clamoring for him. If he were a free agent and we signed him folks on this board would be celebrating from rooftops! However, once he was unable to duplicate his success from Baltimore (where I may add it is much easier to look good when you are playing next to great players) we would be screaming "he was over the hill when we signed him why would we do that?"

My argument is to keep building the way we have been and allow the 1st rounders (Ware, Spears and Carp) to play ball and not handcuff them. Add pressure players with smart picks in the 2nd and 3rd round like the teams I mentioned in a previous post.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
iceberg;1316888 said:
now why can't bellick just sit there and ponder the meaning of life and his desire to go on? i mean, the season is over - go take a break! talking football is such nonsense now that they're out!!!!

You realize Parcells is at Valley Ranch working right? As he has done everyday since the season ended. So he isnt "taking a break" from anything but the media

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1316954 said:
Tully Banta-Cain.

Now there's a name. That's about the right level of FA to think about.

Ironically, back in 2003 one of the DMN writers (JJT, I think) wrote that the Cowboys had a strong interest in Banta-Cain in the late rounds as he fit Bill's mold. I recall this b/c I kept expecting us to take him and became very angry when the guy we took over him - Justin Bates -- never made it out of training camp

slick325

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1316954 said:
Tully Banta-Cain.

ABQ,

I haven't seen much from him since he was at Cal so I am unsure of what he has done in the pros. All I have seen are his stats on NFL.com and they don't necessarily tell the whole story. I've seen his name mentioned a few times so I am curious about how he has developed. I have a couple questions: Do you think he is a pressure player despite what his stats say? Do you think he is a better option than Carp?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967;1316974 said:
would look like a scrub in our scheme

David

Bring some new analysis or leave the board. That is my challenge to you Johnny One Note.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
abersonc;1316980 said:
Bring some new analysis or leave the board. That is my challenge to you Johnny One Note.

uh, ok oh great God of the message board

David

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
ESPN Insider: Rumor Central

"Thomas on Lions' radar?
<Jan. 16> Thomas is the latest name making the rounds in Detroit, where RB Marshall Faulk and DE Simeon Rice have already surfaced as 2007 targets, according to Pro Football Weekly.
Thomas, a Pro Bowl linebacker, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent this spring. Thomas had 83 tackles in 2006 and was second on the Ravens with 11 sacks."

If he is not tagged, then the Cowboys, if interested, will have some competition from Matt Millen and the Ford Family.

Just sharing the wealth.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doctor32;1316986 said:

"Thomas on Lions' radar?
<Jan. 16> Thomas is the latest name making the rounds in Detroit, where RB Marshall Faulk and DE Simeon Rice have already surfaced as 2007 targets, according to Pro Football Weekly.
Thomas, a Pro Bowl linebacker, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent this spring. Thomas had 83 tackles in 2006 and was second on the Ravens with 11 sacks."

If he is not tagged, then the Cowboys, if interested, will have some competition from Matt Millen and the Ford Family.

Just sharing the wealth.

I doubt anybody has any real idea of what free agents people will be interested in yet

David

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Doctor32;1316986 said:

"Thomas on Lions' radar?

Just sharing the wealth.
Marshall Faulk? yeesh, sounds like a Matt Millen move to me.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
abersonc;1316999 said:
seriously man. your schtick is getting tired.

there's always the ignore button isnt there?

seriously, it wont hurt my feelings...

David

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967;1317001 said:
there's always the ignore button isnt there?

seriously, it wont hurt my feelings...

David

or you could try to actually add something to the board.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i like how this "league source" is concsidered credible with his adalius being tagged. but none of parcells is gone "team sources" are credible.