Adam Jones Impact...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458614 said:
LT played with Coke in him.

Yeah, well LT didn't have 24hr guards with him either. Could he have played with alcohol. Sure. I wasn't there. But he doesn't even have a drinking problem. So why would you even say something like that and try to wiggle around it with something LT did.

It's over the top.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458288 said:
What kind of impact do you think we will see from Adam Jones against Pittsburg and the rest of the way?
The one advantage he has this time (versus at the start of the season) is obviously more familiarity with the defensive schemes. By now he should have them down solid (i hope), but physically I think he took several steps back.

He was juuuust starting to look like he was shaking off the rust when he was suspended (had a few good plays his last couple of games). So I'm sure it'll take a few weeks to get back into form again...doubt he's been hitting the training room while he was out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2458525 said:
:laugh2:

Anyone hear Jerry's show this morning? Unfortunately, Jerry was REALLY talking him up. He said how much we've missed "Adam" and went on about how great his stats were. So it'll be interesting to see how much he actually plays.

I hope he just subs in for Jenkins competently and doesn't screw anything up.

I'm not a Jerry-basher, but, man, sometimes I wish Pacman would get drunk and kick Jerry's ***.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Biggems;2458353 said:
Our punt returns will go from fair catch to minus 5 yds per attempt.

And a significant increase in block in the back penalties, as he switches directions 7 times each return in a matter of 5 yards.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Eskimo;2458627 said:
Cocaine is a stimulant and known short-term performance enchancer in sports so it is a banned substance.

I'm figuring it's banned because that it's more illegal than a performance enhancer.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He better have them laced up and be ready to play. This is the best team he has faced all year. Hines Ward will knock him out and you can bet they are going to throw at the rusty guy.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2458911 said:
He better have them laced up and be ready to play. This is the best team he has faced all year. Hines Ward will knock him out and you can bet they are going to throw at the rusty guy.

Agreed. I'm sure Ward is looking forward to trying to KO him on a run block.

Reaction score
Hostile;2458911 said:

From the highlights that I have seen Adam Jones looked good. Let's see how that plays out on the field come Sunday.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2458915 said:
Agreed. I'm sure Ward is looking forward to trying to KO him on a run block.

My dream is for someone to get a pick and Ken Hamlin to blow Ward to bits on a crackback on the return. Give him a little of his own medicine.

Idgit said:
I'm not a Jerry-basher, but, man, sometimes I wish Pacman would get drunk and kick Jerry's ***.
Now there's a brain-twister. Would Jerry blame himself like he did Tommy Jones?

Wait... He might. :eek::

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458945 said:
From the highlights that I have seen Adam Jones looked good. Let's see how that plays out on the field come Sunday.
Highlights of what? Practice?

Those practice vids just show him going through the drills.

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't return punts. He was horrible at it before the suspension. Crayton wasn't scoring TDs, but he has a very acceptable average. Plus, he doesn't jitter bug around.

The only positive I see is that he will give us more depth in case of injury.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How many players get hurt and don't play for several weeks then come back and play well? And AJ may not have been at his best after the long layoff but he was playing pretty well at the end. I suspect the team is very happy to have his talent back esp with Jenkins dinged up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458945 said:
Okay let's do that. :grin: :thumbup:

Not sure how you have highlights when he hasn't been in any games in over a month.

All I know is, he better have his head on a swivel because Hines Ward will knock the taste out of your mouth. I totally respect him for it too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2459296 said:

Not sure how you have highlights when he hasn't been in any games in over a month.

All I know is, he better have his head on a swivel because Hines Ward will knock the taste out of your mouth. I totally respect him for it too.

One of my favorite players and to be a Steeler and be one of my favorites is saying someone. He gives and gives to his community.

Reaction score
Hostile;2459296 said:

Just practice, sorry. That is why I said let's see whta he does on Sunday.