Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
A chance to compete? As of right now the eagles have a qb coming off season ending ir, a tight end and no wide receivers. We are coming off a divisional playoff game with a mvp worthy qb all world o line. Do you see the difference here? I can explain it further if you like

I will grant you the QB situation is a risk in Philly, Bradford will never be the QB that Romo is. He might not have to be. He might just have to be better than Foles. The Eagles have been competitive under Kelly. If you don't acknowledge that, you're just in denial.

superonyx

Reaction score
Mathews must be a stand up guy. Why take a physical if they are not committed to signing you?

Because they offered you 12 million dollars. Sure its up in the air but wouldn't you let a doctor look at your bits for 12 million dollars?

superonyx

Reaction score
The Contract - 5 Years, 42 Million, with 21 guaranteed

Its all about the guaranteed portion and how the deal is structured.

What if he was guaranteed 21 million yet you could cut him in year 4 and only have paid him 21 million for 4 years?

ferrispata

Reaction score
There were only two running backs in the league last year with more than 9 rushing TDs (Murray and Lynch). There were only six running backs in the league last year with more than 1,139 yards (only four had 1,300 plus).

Now, no one committed to the run with one back the way we did with Murray (392 carries to 312 for the next-highest), but I don't think we can reasonably expect most backs to be able to carry it that many times without wearing down. I do not take for granted that "another runner" can get us 1,200-1,300 yards and 10 TDs because it simply isn't that easy to do, but I do hope we can find one who can do it because of what it does for this offense. I don't even take if for granted that Murray could do it.

What it comes down to for me is that I didn't want to pay Murray anywhere near the 8.4 million a year he just got from Philly. I am simply not into spending large amounts of money on RBs any more. I would rather invest in our D.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Because he is not close to being the RB that Murray is? How's that for starters? Murray is a punishing runner that can get really tough yards in critical situations. McCoy is elusive but fades badly near the goal line because he is nowhere near the physical presence that Murray is. In other words, McCoy will get numbers but most of it will be between the twenties and very little inside the twenties where, you know, they actually mean something. Murray will get you numbers and win because he has a nose for the goal line. Look at some of Murray's tough, inside the five, goal line runs. Do you ever see MCCoy fighting for tough yards like that? It's why Kelly couldn't wait to show this guy the door, you could almost feel his disgust with McCoy.

Not really sure why this is so difficult to comprehend for so many.

True, but the downside to that are his fumbles ... Great effort but... Result of that at times is putting it in the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.