Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Jerry will recover. With a bottle of whiskey and some twenty something year old blondes.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Murray thanks for being a stand up classy guy. You had a great year last year and your professionalism on and off the field will be remembered. Good luck except those two times a year you suit up against the boys.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Short term, yeah definitely. But I don't think Murray is going to age well after the monster workload season he just went through, particularly in that up-tempo offense.

Also both these two and Bradford don't have many good knees between them.

u see i agree with that. but what if they have a 3 rotation back?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
is jerry in a coma?
Easier to provoke than a coma:D We'll find him next week in a Tijuana holding cell.
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRjlfC9qq-SfiGxUmvVoNRSHQ7bxSuVzApyscjoNX3Zrw5bsgqgw

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Agree. Fish tried to set him straight

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1m1 minute ago
.@JLMax09 @CharlesRobinson SJones threshold on #DeMarco is $6M. Guar'd $, etc, make it more complicated. But that's the # inside VRanch

That's what Murray is worth. He can go fumble for philly. He will struggle to gain 1000 all purpose. He decides to go to the hated rival? Have fun losing the division.

Common Sense

Reaction score
You're probably right. I just view AP as the exception to every rule. I think he will be productive longer than Murray.

You better hope so. Demarco would be more than halfway through his contract by the time he's Peterson's current age.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We better work out a long term deal with Dez. If not, management is sending the wrong message to players IMO.

For the record, I wouldn't pay DM top 5 money. But if we don't pay our best RB and WR......

Who can?

Name me the NFL team - successful or not - that's paying 'Top 5 money' to their QB, RB, and WR?

I'll save you the time. Nobody. Nobody, good or lousy is doing that, because no team can afford to do it.

Aven8

Reaction score
That's what Murray is worth. He can go fumble for philly. He will struggle to gain 1000 all purpose. He decides to go to the hated rival? Have fun losing the division.

Who is going to tackle him, Cam Lawerence?? :(

cowboys2233

Reaction score
If the Eagles wanted a high paid back why not keep Shady?

Because he is not close to being the RB that Murray is? How's that for starters? Murray is a punishing runner that can get really tough yards in critical situations. McCoy is elusive but fades badly near the goal line because he is nowhere near the physical presence that Murray is. In other words, McCoy will get numbers but most of it will be between the twenties and very little inside the twenties where, you know, they actually mean something. Murray will get you numbers and win because he has a nose for the goal line. Look at some of Murray's tough, inside the five, goal line runs. Do you ever see MCCoy fighting for tough yards like that? It's why Kelly couldn't wait to show this guy the door, you could almost feel his disgust with McCoy.

Not really sure why this is so difficult to comprehend for so many.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Because he is not close to being the RB that Murray is? How's that for starters? Murray is a punishing runner that can get really tough yards in critical situations. McCoy is elusive but fades badly near the goal line because he is nowhere near the physical presence that Murray is. In other words, McCoy will get numbers but most of it will be between the twenties and very little inside the twenties where, you know, they actually mean something. Murray will get you numbers and win because he has a nose for the goal line. Look at some of Murray's tough, inside the five, goal line runs. Do you ever see MCCoy fighting for tough yards like that? It's why Kelly couldn't wait to show this guy the door, you could almost feel his disgust with McCoy.

Not really sure why this is so difficult to comprehend for so many.

Wouldn't have Murray have been signed by someone if the above were true? They are both talented backs.

superonyx

Reaction score
Murray brought his Agent and Fiancé to philly with him. I doubt you do that if you don't plan to sign a deal.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Wouldn't have Murray have been signed by someone if the above were true? They are both talented backs.

He is being signed by someone. Our chief rival. He probably could have gotten more money from a number of other teams too, but wants to play for an organization that has a chance to compete, which eliminates teams like the Raiders and Jags. I knew there was no way he would sign with either of those outfits, they are clearly not well run organizations.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tell Murray to ask his Daddie if he looks better in green? Both with cash and the now Philadelphia Ducks...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is what I think of Philly in FA so far

2uy4tgx.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/godzilla-1_zps597328cb.gif

^^ Murray right now? ^^