Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mathews must be a stand up guy. Why take a physical if they are not committed to signing you?

I think they may have lied. Chip seems to be fast and loose with the truth. He probably hopped on a jet to Oakland.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He is being signed by someone. Our chief rival. He probably could have gotten more money from a number of other teams too, but wants to play for an organization that has a chance to compete, which eliminates teams like the Raiders and Jags. I knew there was no way he would sign with either of those outfits, they are clearly not well run organizations.

A chance to compete? As of right now the eagles have a qb coming off season ending ir, a tight end and no wide receivers. We are coming off a divisional playoff game with a mvp worthy qb all world o line. Do you see the difference here? I can explain it further if you like

JBS

Reaction score
wow the poster who reported the figures on this deal was dead on

Congrats to that guy

Philly waaaaaaaay overpaid for Murray hahahaha

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I am not discrediting Murray at all. But I do think with another runner and this Oline and a similar commitment to the run, we could still see 1200 -1300 yards and 10 tds out of the RB. If I said we could get 1600+ (and it didn't come true) then maybe it could be considered discrediting Murray. I am hoping Randle is NOT our replacement by the way.

There were only two running backs in the league last year with more than 9 rushing TDs (Murray and Lynch). There were only six running backs in the league last year with more than 1,139 yards (only four had 1,300 plus).

Now, no one committed to the run with one back the way we did with Murray (392 carries to 312 for the next-highest), but I don't think we can reasonably expect most backs to be able to carry it that many times without wearing down. I do not take for granted that "another runner" can get us 1,200-1,300 yards and 10 TDs because it simply isn't that easy to do, but I do hope we can find one who can do it because of what it does for this offense. I don't even take if for granted that Murray could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.