Adam Schefter says 'it would be a surprise' if the Cowboys passed on Jonathon Brooks at pick 56

ghst187

Reaction score
It would be a surprise if another team doesn’t jump in front of us to grab Brooks bc we are always so terrible about broadcasting who we are interested in

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SO much smoke around this pick. Either he is completely off their radar and this is just the front office thrown people off....or our front office consist of a quickly aging man who's likely drinking majority of the time and a idiot son who just plans to live off what daddy built for him and they are letting everyone know weeks in advance what their plan is. - kinda leaning towards the latter

Someone will likely trade up in front of them to secure Brooks before Dallas.
Maybe, but maybe that just means we get Benson instead. I'm OK with that. I don't think he has the potential that Brooks does, but I think he'll be a solid between-the-tackles runner that fits McCarthy's scheme.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I like Brooks. But I’m a little surprised more hasn’t been said about his knee injury which happened the second week of November last year. He tore his ACL and while I’m confident he will recover I find it hard to believe he’s even 90% by training camp.

The Cowboys need a RB who’s ready on Day one. Recovering from an ACL tear usually takes at least nine months. As of now, his rehab has been 5 months. Makes me a little hesitant on Brooks.
Yeah wont help in 24 lol.
He could be another jaylon too.
I would go for a good healthy rb.

Blitzen

Reaction score
It’s 2024……not scared of a acl injury.

Exactly. Michael Gallup was the same guy 12 months after his ACL tear. JK Dobbins is still the same guy post injury. For prime athletes, ACL injuries are basically small abrasions with modern medicine.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dallas is looking at Jaylin Wright closely.
I seriously hope the Cowboys are not closely looking at RB Jaylen Wright out of Tennessee. Cowboys need to do their homework and realize Jaylen Wright is not a 3 down RB. He was a part-timer who carried no more than 19 carries in a game. He also mostly went up against only 4 or 5 defenders in the box, struggling mightily when defensive boxes had 7+ defenders.

There are other issues to worry about Jaylen Wright. Superb athlete but so many questions elsewhere. Definitely not what the Cowboys need. Here is why...

Screenshot-20240423-083744-You-Tube.jpg

Screenshot-20240423-084027-You-Tube.jpg

As one can see, Jaylen Wright is definitely not the type of RB that the Cowboys need. He's a good athlete but a proven part-timer who never carried for more than 19 times in a game and struggled against 7+ defenders in the box and in short yardage.

The Cowboys need to either pick up Jonathon Brooks in the 2nd if he's available or someone like either Rasheen Ali or Isaac Guerendo in the later rounds.

Carter

Reaction score
This is the most Jerry pick that you get. Would shock me if hes not the 2nd Round Pick.

RB from Texas with a torn ACL and injury history but high upside.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I seriously hope the Cowboys are not closely looking at RB Jaylen Wright out of Tennessee. Cowboys need to do their homework and realize Jaylen Wright is not a 3 down RB. He was a part-timer who carried no more than 19 carries in a game. He also mostly went up against only 4 or 5 defenders in the box, struggling mightily when defensive boxes had 7+ defenders.

There are other issues to worry about Jaylen Wright. Superb athlete but so many questions elsewhere. Definitely not what the Cowboys need. Here is why...

As one can see, Jaylen Wright is definitely not the type of RB that the Cowboys need. He's a good athlete but a proven part-timer who never carried for more than 19 times in a game and struggled against 7+ defenders in the box and in short yardage.

The Cowboys need to either pick up Jonathon Brooks in the 2nd if he's available or someone like either Rasheen Ali or Isaac Guerendo in the later rounds.

Agreed. Not a fan.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
To much smoke with Brooks. Fish says the Cowboys love him. Don’t be surprised if the Cowboys trade down he might be the first round pick.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Never said where in the draft, but you have to include Wright in your top 5 don't you?

gimmesix

Reaction score

If we miss on Brooks and Benson, I'm a fan of Audric Estime. Not much speed but a tough runner between the tackles with a little bit of wiggle to get through the trash. We brought several backs in to visit, though, and he wasn't one of them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If we miss on Brooks and Benson, I'm a fan of Audric Estime. Not much speed but a tough runner between the tackles with a little bit of wiggle to get through the trash. We brought several backs in to visit, though, and he wasn't one of them.
Check that. We did meet with Estime, but it seems like we've met one way or the other with pretty much every back in the draft.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I like Brooks. But I’m a little surprised more hasn’t been said about his knee injury which happened the second week of November last year. He tore his ACL and while I’m confident he will recover I find it hard to believe he’s even 90% by training camp.

The Cowboys need a RB who’s ready on Day one. Recovering from an ACL tear usually takes at least nine months. As of now, his rehab has been 5 months. Makes me a little hesitant on Brooks.
Supposedly, it's a clean tear and the recovery time is said to be shorter, but who really knows. If Brooks is selected, you can expect him to be eased in to action and maybe not get any starts until year two.