Adam Schefter says 'it would be a surprise' if the Cowboys passed on Jonathon Brooks at pick 56

HungryLion

Reaction score
If the cowboys take him. Be prepared for all the local media to carry the Jones’ water for them. Putting out articles about how hard Brooks is working. How great of shape he is in. How awesome Britt Brown is, blah blah blah.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Please stay away from injured players in the second round. :facepalm: We can’t keep making the same mistakes in the second round. It’s one of the reasons we keep missing in the second round.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I come to cowboyszone for the Dallas Cowboys info, but I stay for the comedy.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I like Brooks. But I’m a little surprised more hasn’t been said about his knee injury which happened the second week of November last year. He tore his ACL and while I’m confident he will recover I find it hard to believe he’s even 90% by training camp.

The Cowboys need a RB who’s ready on Day one. Recovering from an ACL tear usually takes at least nine months. As of now, his rehab has been 5 months. Makes me a little hesitant on Brooks.
They keep saying he'll be a full go by training camp

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys need to pick a RB in this upcoming draft and an NFL insider has a name
By Tony Catalina Apr 22, 2024

ESPN’s NFL insider Adam Schefter released “NFL draft week intel” on Monday morning, following what he said was from days of phone calls. Among all of the notes Schefter had spread throughout the league, one note in particular should be of interest to Cowboys Nation.

In his article, Schefter speaks about the Cowboys and their worst-kept secret interest in Texas Longhorns’ RB Jonathon Brooks

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...m-passed-jonathon-brooks-pick-56-running-back

1670870833.0.jpg
so what does it mean? we will sit at 56 salivating at the opportunity. Brooks will drop to 53 or 54 and somebody will trade ahead of us to get him. not the first time it happened to Jerry.

JayFord

Reaction score
He'll be gone by then or we'll draft a TE or someone else who has a heavy injury history

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I like Brooks. But I’m a little surprised more hasn’t been said about his knee injury which happened the second week of November last year. He tore his ACL and while I’m confident he will recover I find it hard to believe he’s even 90% by training camp.

The Cowboys need a RB who’s ready on Day one. Recovering from an ACL tear usually takes at least nine months. As of now, his rehab has been 5 months. Makes me a little hesitant on Brooks.
Yea, I love Brooks but realistically he won’t help us this year. Maybe towards end of season pending rehab. And then don’t really know .

Great talent , could be a star. But I’d lean on passing if need to use an early pick as could be another risk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I love Brooks but realistically he won’t help us this year. Maybe towards end of season pending rehab. And then don’t really know .

Great talent , could be a star. But I’d lean on passing if need to use an early pick as could be another risk.
Lets go for healthy tough guys. We just don't have a good track record on drafting injured / project players.

I do that in my own real life. "I'm not good at that I should stop". There are other ways to win.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It feels like most scouts consider Brooks and Trey Benson to be the RB1a and RB1b in this class.

After them, there is a drop off. There’s a few talented guys, but Brooks and Benson are the guys in this class that can immediately change a backfield.
If Dallas passes on them in the second round, there could be a run on RBs before their third round selection.

BH, Jonathon Brooks is worth the investment and the wait. Plus, he's got extremely low wear-n-tear on his tires. He's like a fairly new Ferrari with an unexpected broken axle. You properly fix it and get yourself a fairly new top sports car.
Dallas is looking at Jaylin Wright closely.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

While i agree with you on the amount of time Brooks really needs to rehab....i think a team is gonna take a chance on him early to mid second round at the latest. Doubt if he will be there at 56. I really think he will be a good productive back in the NFL. Just a notch below Bijan Robinson, but not by much.

tunahelper

Reaction score

But Bob, Jerry can brag to the camera how Dallas got so much value. I can hear him now saying 1st round grade and his medical check out. Jerry and Junior outsmarted the NFL again. As he tells us his latest fantasy Jerry will have that stupid smirk on his face.