Adam Schefter says 'it would be a surprise' if the Cowboys passed on Jonathon Brooks at pick 56

Mark

Reaction score
I call this the scratch and dent draft strategy. The Cowboys have done this on many occasions. It's like going to the furniture store and heading to the very back of the store where they put the furniture that has scratches and dents. This furniture was at one time the good stuff at the front of the store, but now has been relegated to the back room at a deep discount. Once you get it home, you try and buff out the scratches and fill in the dents, but in the end, all you have is flawed furniture.
Well, it's OK if you can butt the damaged part of bargain furniture or appliances in a place that will never been seen. There is no such luxury in the NFL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Braelen Allen for me is a comp to O J Simpson in his style, build and talent potential. Estime is OJ Otis Anderson, in my opinion. These backs will be very good in the right scheme fit. My preference when push comes to shove is Ray Davis and Estime. Allen lacks a burst to me, Estime plays with burst and with quick football speed. I don't care what his 40 says. Tell the guys that couldnt tackle him from behind as he ran from them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hear you man.

But this team really does settle into a guy and go all out to get him. Taco, Trysten Hill, LVE etc
I agree. Look where its all gotten us. This draft is super critical. Not sure the 2 dip sticks understand whats at stake.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke overshadows DeMarco. I sure miss Demarco. Those were the days. He was a real deal dog at rb. Underrated. To me, he was more effective than Zeke.
I disagree, zeke evening college back-to-back 1800 yard seasons, then comes in and has a rookie year close to 1700 at 5.1 yards per carry, if he doesn't get suspended, I believe he would have had three rushing titles right out of college and he got ripped off by Roger Goodell... we all know it ..

yes I like Murray but zeke was better, period, his college and pros he was better.. I don't know what somebody else thought you were watching but zeke gets way too much underrated responses like this the man is third all time in Cowboys history but his first four years in the league he was the best back in the NFL and yes he got wore down quick but that's because of what he did in college and the pros that all just caught up with him ,with injuries and mileage ,that's why I'm saying we don't need a guy with injury and mileage..

you realize it zeke's rookie year alone the man speed elusiveness and running over people and his production was almost better than Emmitt and Tony together, go look at their rookie years,

Elliott had one the top five all time rookie seasons by a running back.. That's in the history of the NFL's ,top five rookie year and yes he was just as good the next year and the next year after when he won two out of three titles and he was still pretty good even though he had a new offensive coordinator in 2019 but yes he started to drop off but in my opinion much better than people give him credit for here he's underrated in my opinion..

over the same period zeke had 300 more carries but 4.3 career YPC avg to Murray 4.5 but had 1000 more yards 22 more tds ..its clear who was better ..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Braelen Allen for me is a comp to O J Simpson in his style, build and talent potential. Estime is OJ Otis Anderson, in my opinion. These backs will be very good in the right scheme fit. My preference when push comes to shove is Ray Davis and Estime. Allen lacks a burst to me, Estime plays with burst and with quick football speed. I don't care what his 40 says. Tell the guys that couldnt tackle him from behind as he ran from them.
That's a lot of options I think it's the round they fall in would be more important to me like where are they rated in the draft will they be there when we pick and should we wait or just grab the best one that's there in the second round..

Thursday can't get here fast enough...

conner01

Reaction score
It feels like most scouts consider Brooks and Trey Benson to be the RB1a and RB1b in this class.

After them, there is a drop off. There’s a few talented guys, but Brooks and Benson are the guys in this class that can immediately change a backfield.

If Dallas passes on them in the second round, there could be a run on RBs before their third round selection.
I’d take him at 56 in a heartbeat

quickccc

Reaction score
Becuz the beans have spilled with possible cowboys interest in brooks as their RB ..that means some team will pick him far before we do... they are trying to follow what McClay does in relation to a position we're also interested in....

We need to better use our smoke screen and hide our interest and intentions.

BTW, Philly is always nosing around and in our backyard too.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd rather they picked up another little man running back. Double small trouble... They wouldn't be TNT, maybe little firecrackers. Get'em, little guys.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
No rb till round 3. Ol round 1. Best d player or wr if drops round 2.

LysleE

Reaction score
Dallas has more pressing needs: OL, DL and LB; RB in the early rounds is a luxury….so Jerry will probably pull the trigger on he RB.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If another team really wants him I’d be surprised if he’s available at 56. Everyone knows Dallas is one team they’d have to move above to get him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
There is also interest Tyrone Tracy Jr. Purdue who could also double as a WR. He ran a 4.48 second 40 yard dash and had a 6.81 second time in the three cone drill.
I like him too, let's pick Edgerrin Cooper (another Parsons) in the first and Tracy Jr. in the 2nd.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. Brooks’ surgically repaired knee is recovering nicely and there is a belief he should be ready for NFL Week 1. Even more importantly, he should be able to participate in training camp this summer.

“Without an ACL injury last year, I think there’s no doubt Jonathan Brooks is the first running back off the board, potentially in the first round…The story his draft prep is the medicals and it was the medical re-check for him at the combine this week, which I am told by sources, went extremely well. They were very pleased with what they’re seeing from the healing right now and the understanding is he should be ready to go by Week 1.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-draft-impact-on-draft-projection/ar-BB1lw7N4