Addressing Dak’s “Sophmore Slump”

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ah so trolling for cheap thrills, eh?

Just having fun on the internet, talking about the Cowboys. BTW, modified my response to address your point about fanbois thinking Dak can do no wrong.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Going by your crappy logic, Morris was better than:

McCoy
Bell
Gurley
Zeke
Fournette
Howard
Gordon

Log off now

Nope. Never said Morris was better. I said Zeke sucked last year. On the same team, with the same crappy horrible joke of a QB, playing without our best offensive lineman, and facing more 8 man fronts, Morris outperformed him. Zeke needs to improve that and ensure he is outperforming his backup.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak was solid the first half of the season and slumped in the second half of the season. Check his numbers. He was sacked 22 times the second half of the season after being sacked only 9 times the first 8 games. The loss of Zeke and Tyron had a huge affect on his play and the teams play.
I would argue better than solid as he lead the league in QBR in the first 8 games. I

Ken

Reaction score
Lol now he wasnt close to being ready? You dont remember the training program he did in Cabo? You dont remember him coming back in tip top shape?

Just maybe Zekes performance suffered because teams loaded up vs the run because we have a suspect passing attack.
Or maybe the whole offense had no pop and was unimaginative? Is that a 2nd year qbs fault?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah bias is showing and it isn't coming from me. Philly was after the Atlanta game. He had one bad game in the first 8, Denver. He had a QBR of 82.5 against Washington but had no turnovers and the running game and defense played lights out. In the other 6 games he had 14 TD passes, 4 rushing TDs versus 2 INTs, including a 4 game streak where he had 3,3,4,4 TDs. Looks pretty rosey to anyone unbiased.

I was talking about his rookie season too. Your narrative was that he was perfect for his first 24 games remember?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I never said that Dak could not improve and I was not making the comparison from year to respective years but rather where those guys are at now. I am saying Dak has a ways to go.

The discussion is moot now because he's under contract for two years more but he is not a top QB in the league right now nonetheless.
Well of course not. Dak 2 years...... Rodgers much more. You can't compare them and I have no idea why you even brought it up.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
1 - Dak has to be better, I would like to see more 3 step and out throws from Dak. However if he does that he has to be accurate with the right touch as well. No fastballs to a guy 3 yards away.
2 - On the other side Dez and specifically Williams can't let catchable passes bounce off their chest.
3 - I also would like to see the appropriate adjustments by the coaching staff. I.e After 2 sacks Chaz Green gets help, if it continues as in 1 more he gets benched.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I was talking about his rookie season too. Your narrative was that he was perfect for his first 24 games remember?
Hyperbole much? Very good is what I said, and I hope you did not pull a hammy with that back peddle. You absolutely said this year.

Valorius

Reaction score
Before Zeke was suspended, these were Dak’s numbers over the first eight games:

Total Yards - 2,013
Total TDS - 20
Interceptions - 4

Project those stats over an entire season:

Total Yards - 4,026
Total TDs - 40
Interceptions - 8

Compare that to his rookie year:

Total Yards - 3,949
Total TDs - 29
Interceptions - 4

So even with some early struggles from the offensive line and a worsening connection with Dez, Dak’s trajectory was pointing way up.

So had Dak & Zeke played the entire season together, we’d be talking about what a monster year Dak just had.

If you take away his best weapon, injure his best offensive lineman [and do nothing to compensate for it] and leave him with receivers who struggle to get open, your QB is bound to struggle.

But since Zeke will be playing a full season next year and the front office is using draft picks to make the offense “Dak friendly”, we have absolutely no reason to believe his trajectory won’t go back to pointing up.

Dak is the man and we’re fortunate to have him.

It seems to me that even after Elliot came back, Prescott sucked last season.

I think the guy was a 1 year flash in the pan that crumbled under adversity, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somehow the Eagles lost their MVP candidate starting QB, arguably their top running back and their hall of fame left tackle (and a whole bunch of other starters) and still won the Superbowl.

Prescott sucked as soon as he was hit with adversity last year.

Yeah. Our fans are fond of pointing that out when they feel self loathing. As if we didn’t go 13-3 the year before with a third string QB all year and backup LT playing games.

It’s irrelevant. Different teams, different seasons, different results.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hyperbole much? Very good is what I said, and I hope you did not pull a hammy with that back peddle. You absolutely said this year.

Still have yet to see a single criticism of Dak from you, fanboi. And I said that he fell of a cliff last season not that I was only referring to last season for the whole post.

I note you skirt the issue of those games to fixate on your false assumption though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well of course not. Dak 2 years...... Rodgers much more. You can't compare them and I have no idea why you even brought it up.

They are both starting QB's in the NFC. Why on Earth can you not make a comparison?

I brought Rodgers and Wilson up because they are examples of QBs that do what Prescott failed hard at last season. It's what makes them elite starting QBs and him a mediocre one. Can he improve? Likely but the blind bias that I see in his favor is delusional.