Adjusting On Offense With Dalton

garyo1954

Reaction score
Comparing Dak and Dalton seem funny at this point.
Dak is out for the year.
Dalton is in. He is to be the starter until further notice.

Expect some changes on offense. Funny too that Moore hasn't paid enough attention to Dalton to say. "We'll make changes to suit Dalton's style and move forward," without mentioning process.

jnday

Reaction score
I worry about Dalton’s mobility behind the Oline. Hope he doesn’t get hurt too!
Dalton is used to playing behind subpar OLs. I do think he is going to show the team and players that he a starting quality QB in the league. The contrast between the playing styles of the two QBs should be easy to see and enjoyable to watch.

jnday

Reaction score
One of the things I really liked from the small sample of Dalton towards the end of that game was his pocket presence. He stood there in the pocket, and made throws. Didn't seem rattled at all. Now, that can also hurt us with this O Line. We shall see. Also, he threw some dimes to Gallup. He's clearly a talented passer. Let's just hope this line doesn't get him killed. If it does? Welp, Denucci, and an early pick.
Dalton is a pocket passer, but he knows how to avoid pass rushers quite well. He is not a runner,but Dalton has the very tools that Dak lacks in several areas .

reddyuta

Reaction score
nothing should change,we need to pass and pass some more to score enough points to win with our terrible D.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think you have me confused for someone else. I’m neither a Dak hater, nor a Dalton fan boy. I just want the cowboys to win. Not sure what point you’re trying to make
you should have given him your avatars line ," I'm your huckleberry"

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dalton is a pocket passer, but he knows how to avoid pass rushers quite well. He is not a runner,but Dalton has the very tools that Dak lacks in several areas .
Surprisingly dalton can run , I just hope he slides before contact.
I havent heard, is dinucci # 2 now??
In the last game if dalton got hurt they had no other qb lol.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im just trying to get your thoughts on whether Dalton is capable given the Oline and the state of the defense.
Oh lord, that’s above my pay grade haha.

I’ll say this — I have hope that things go well. But realistically, I can’t see the defense improving enough. Dalton has the experience and I do think the offense will become much more balanced, as long as we don’t keep going down early.

I always hope that we can find lightning in a bottle, sort of like the Eagles did on their run. So I’ll never say never.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh lord, that’s above my pay grade haha.

I’ll say this — I have hope that things go well. But realistically, I can’t see the defense improving enough. Dalton has the experience and I do think the offense will become much more balanced, as long as we don’t keep going down early.

I always hope that we can find lightning in a bottle, sort of like the Eagles did on their run. So I’ll never say never.

Much of the lack of balance was by necessity because of the defense. I don’t see that changing either. I also see a lot more sacks, fumbles, and picks with dalton.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton is used to playing behind subpar OLs. I do think he is going to show the team and players that he a starting quality QB in the league. The contrast between the playing styles of the two QBs should be easy to see and enjoyable to watch.
that's BS. Bengals had decent OLs in the past. last couple of years not so much.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Much of the lack of balance was by necessity because of the defense. I don’t see that changing either. I also see a lot more sacks, fumbles, and picks with dalton.
That is a valid concern, for sure. It could get ugly

blueblood70

Reaction score
that's BS. Bengals had decent OLs in the past. last couple of years not so much.
I believe this OL can be deemed decent..i mean i know we are used to 4 of the 5 being the PB but thats unrealistic most teams have never had that type of line..the positive is each game Biadasz , Knight and Steele have got more experience and as the OL gel as unit they can get better..

QBs have to have pocket presence , a feel for the rush and they for sure know whos up front and have to adjust that clock in their head and get rid go the ball quicker and make sure they dont stop moving their feet and become statues..
I believe AD might be a bit better then Dak at the feel in the pocket and step up and sideways and get the ball out quicker since hes not truly mobile..

each game dalton should get better at the anticipation throws and leading Wrs vs throwing it right at them, i believe hes slightly better at that then dak especially screens and wheel routes..not sure why Dak struggles with those shorter passes but he does..

Im not and im sure most fans are not delusional enough to say daltons better then dak , hes not but the gap isnt as big as some might think. These next 11 games will prove that out..we will finally have that answer