Admit It Deep Inside. You're Glad That The Romo-Witten-Dez Era is Over

Swagger

Reaction score
Well to answer the opening question, it tells me that the defense will have to play lights out for us to reach the play offs. To be fair, they played well in most games last season but the offense couldn't produce when it really mattered so it will be interested to see what happens this season.

Safety position needs to be addressed and our Linebacking corp are very much dependant upon how healthy it stays. I like the Cornerback group.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
I'm not glad that the era is over with because the same limitations that have caused the current 22 year drought are still in place.

jsb357

Reaction score
Romo was good but he's no Danny White.

Witten jumped the shark a couple years ago.

Dez should have never been a Cowboy.

GMO415

Reaction score
Admit It Deep Inside.....
tenor.gif

Cap12

Reaction score
This thread is spot on. I am so thrilled. I couldn't wait for the 8-8 falling short mediocre era to be over. Might not have been the players' fault, but that is what they represented. This is a rebuilding year lets hope the wheels don't fall off. But want to see garrett linehan marinelli gone after this season. Clean slate for the future.
Great! Now you can get ready for the exciting 5-11 cr@pping the bed era, lol.

Seriously, those 8-8 teams were mostly because of a lack of talent at other positions not named QB, WR and TE. So now that we are missing multiple pro-bowl caliber players at those positions, we're supposed to get better? To answer that question, maybe. If Dak can bounce back with some nice improvements in his game, if Hurns, Gallup, TWill, Bease etc. can make us forget what "throwing up the X" means. If we can find a consistent player in all phases of the game to play TE (or a good combo of 2 or more players). If we improve the consistency of our run defense. If we can run the football and avoid key injuries.... we might finish as high as 11-5. More likely we go 5-11 though (as those are a heck of a lot of "ifs").

Sign me up for Romo Dez and Witten.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Hear me out...I said the era not the players. I totally blame the lack of playoff success on the FO and bad coaching Not the players. But we didn't win a thing. Now with new players a new energy and focus., Garrett and the coaching staff should be on notice, win or get out. Plus I enjoy watching a young team mature and grow into winners. To many times Dallas has taken a punch and laid down. I'm excited to see what this team can do when adversity hits.

Not really. Just makes me wonder what might have happened if we didn't have the Red Clapper as our head coach. I will be thrilled when the Garrett Era comes to an end

Big_D

Reaction score
Not really. Just makes me wonder what might have happened if we didn't have the Red Clapper as our head coach. I will be thrilled when the Garrett Era comes to an end

And Jerry.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Great! Now you can get ready for the exciting 5-11 cr@pping the bed era, lol.

Seriously, those 8-8 teams were mostly because of a lack of talent at other positions not named QB, WR and TE. So now that we are missing multiple pro-bowl caliber players at those positions, we're supposed to get better? To answer that question, maybe. If Dak can bounce back with some nice improvements in his game, if Hurns, Gallup, TWill, Bease etc. can make us forget what "throwing up the X" means. If we can find a consistent player in all phases of the game to play TE (or a good combo of 2 or more players). If we improve the consistency of our run defense. If we can run the football and avoid key injuries.... we might finish as high as 11-5. More likely we go 5-11 though (as those are a heck of a lot of "ifs").

Sign me up for Romo Dez and Witten.
We shall see. Dez was a shell of his former self. Witten couldn't stretch the middle. Dak at this point in his career is better than romo was after his first 2 years where he never even played a game yet. With the O line fixed and WR corp revamped. This group has a shot to do good things. Stop gassing up romo with the no talent crap it's absolute bull ****. He played with more pro bowlers than anyone. Our team in 2006-2007 had more talent than any team I can remember in a long time. Give it up Romo wasn't good enough.

Cap12

Reaction score
We shall see. Dez was a shell of his former self. Witten couldn't stretch the middle. Dak at this point in his career is better than romo was after his first 2 years where he never even played a game yet. With the O line fixed and WR corp revamped. This group has a shot to do good things. Stop gassing up romo with the no talent crap it's absolute bull ****. He played with more pro bowlers than anyone. Our team in 2006-2007 had more talent than any team I can remember in a long time. Give it up Romo wasn't good enough.

Romo had Demarcus Ware in 2006. Rest of the defense were average, always injured or scrubs. Dallas has had way better overall defensive talent in 2016-17. The O-line ranged from good to cr@p for Romo until 2014's dominant line (which is mostly the line that Dak has now). As far as Witten, he was obviously better for Romo, but he was still one of the leading receivers in 2017. Dez may have lost a step but he never was the fastest guy in the world. He made plays because he had a QB who could get him the ball where he could make a play. He hasn't had that consistently since 2014.

Pick your narrative, but you gas up Dak (on the basis of two whole seasons) than I do Romo (who is statistically the highest rated QB in the history of this franchise).

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Some of you need to see a professional when it comes to getting over Dez.

You’re clearly having a hard time with closure.

It’s over. It’s over.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
If the era was going to end I am glad it is over with young QB that has shown flashes of taking over in the long term. I am glad all three of them did not leave on a stretcher.

Cap12

Reaction score
Some of you need to see a professional when it comes to getting over Dez.

You’re clearly having a hard time with closure.

It’s over. It’s over.
I'm still trying to get over Romo, lol. Now you tell me that Dez and Witten are gone... wow. :D

Cap12

Reaction score
Well to answer the opening question, it tells me that the defense will have to play lights out for us to reach the play offs. To be fair, they played well in most games last season but the offense couldn't produce when it really mattered so it will be interested to see what happens this season.

Safety position needs to be addressed and our Linebacking corp are very much dependant upon how healthy it stays. I like the Cornerback group.
I love our young talent on Defense. If we can run the football and Dak can give us anything in the passing game, we should be okay. If Dak plays closer to his 2016 season than 2017, we'll make the playoffs and might actually compete.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nope wish we could hit the reset button and do it all over again, win some more playoff games and a SB for all of them.. they were all at the end of their playing days anyway so it was time but no way am I happy..

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Nope wish we could hit the reset button and do it all over again, win some more playoff games and a SB for all of them.. they were all at the end of their playing days anyway so it was time but no way am I happy..

So you would go thru all the 8-8 seasons again. The first round playoff loses again And the last game win and your in loses again. Just asking.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
I’m never excited to see the end of a great player like witten or Romo

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo had Demarcus Ware in 2006. Rest of the defense were average, always injured or scrubs. Dallas has had way better overall defensive talent in 2016-17. The O-line ranged from good to cr@p for Romo until 2014's dominant line (which is mostly the line that Dak has now). As far as Witten, he was obviously better for Romo, but he was still one of the leading receivers in 2017. Dez may have lost a step but he never was the fastest guy in the world. He made plays because he had a QB who could get him the ball where he could make a play. He hasn't had that consistently since 2014.

Pick your narrative, but you gas up Dak (on the basis of two whole seasons) than I do Romo (who is statistically the highest rated QB in the history of this franchise).
I want to WIN. I don't care about the players. If dak can't win I hope this front office finds out sooner rather than later and get a guy that can. I never had faith romo would win a super bowl. And guess what he never will.