Admit It Deep Inside. You're Glad That The Romo-Witten-Dez Era is Over

hairic

Reaction score
Glad the defense is improving. Not glad the offense isn't.

Most recent 10 losses by QB:

Dallas w/Romo:
21-10
28.0 PPG scored
24.5 PPG allowed
Differential: +3.5

Dallas w/Prescott:
22-10
24.2 PPG scored
19.9 PPG allowed
Differential: +4.3

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
That era is long gone, thats for sure. That dynamic triplet is over, we need to move on.

Cap12

Reaction score
I want to WIN. I don't care about the players. If dak can't win I hope this front office finds out sooner rather than later and get a guy that can. I never had faith romo would win a super bowl. And guess what he never will.
There are less teams who have won SBs than there are teams who never won one. We have 5. I'd love to win more, but the truth is that I will root for this team until it ends or I end. I respect Romo because he was a heck of a player for us. I feel the same about Witten and to a certain extent Dez. These guys have proven a ton more to me than Dak has. I'd love to see him succeed, but like every guy who wears the star he's got to prove himself over the long haul. Those other guys have.

CWR

Reaction score

Dallas w/Romo:
21-10
28.0 PPG scored
24.5 PPG allowed

Dallas w/Prescott:
22-10
24.2 PPG scored
19.9 PPG allowed

To be fair if your taking Daks last 10 losses the offense was horrid last year. Id be interested to see both of thier last 2 seasons. Any way you cut it this is now a ground and pound grind it out team. We may still have days where we explode, but the offensive philosophy as a whole will limit our point totals (Id expect) in comparison to the days of Romo airing it out.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Watching the 2014 Colts game at the moment...

Hate is a strong word but I very much hate what Jerry has done to these 3.

Under a competent GM/Coach they win a ring

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Of course it is a good thing.

This means that there are no more excuses. Sink or swim.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Furthermore, I find it sad that we're just discarding Romo and Witten aside. They were the heart and soul of this team for the longest time. For over half my life, they were on this team, and they were fantastic. I enjoyed watching them play for the longest time, and they were magnificent.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Dallas w/Romo:
21-10
28.0 PPG scored
24.5 PPG allowed

Dallas w/Prescott:
22-10
24.2 PPG scored
19.9 PPG allowed
Just fyi
You get to 10 losses with Romo (including playoffs) if you include the 48-51 loss to Denver.
That makes 22-10

For the last 10 losses with Dak...including playoffs
The team's record is 11-10

So last 10 losses
Dallas with Romo
22-10

Dallas with Dak
11-10

Last edited:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Yeah, you should never be happy to lose a top level QB. Dak has got a long way to go till he proves he's that caliber.

Dallas lost a top level QB? Aikman left a long time ago.
Dak doesn’t have that far to go. The Romo’s are in complete denial.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think it was about a weak defensive team unable to get a stop when needed. If Romo, Witten, and Dez also played defense we'd have 3-4 Lombardis in their era.

Those 3 guys were incredible in their prime. It really is their careers. One playoff win? Sad

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Same Front Office, same Coaching Staff. I don't really see where it's over.

Exactly!!!

If this coaching staff and front office could not get it done with players like Romo and Witten................well, the odds of them getting it done with lessor players is not real high, now is it?

I will watch and I will cheer for the team, but I am under no illusions that this team is going to win jack this year under Garrett's watch. In fact, I expect no playoffs just like the other 5 non-playoff seasons Garrett has presided over.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's more interesting, but I don't expect better results , because
Like a TV show that has same
Producers, director, but just new cast members isn't going to make it better.
We are stuck with the Jones Boys as producer's, but a new director is needed.

The main thing is that it will be fun to see what happens now with all the changes.

Bad thing is that Phil is currently
World champion lol, and nyg just got a rd 1 RB, and wash got a new qb.
The whole NFC east will be interesting in 2018.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There are less teams who have won SBs than there are teams who never won one. We have 5. I'd love to win more, but the truth is that I will root for this team until it ends or I end. I respect Romo because he was a heck of a player for us. I feel the same about Witten and to a certain extent Dez. These guys have proven a ton more to me than Dak has. I'd love to see him succeed, but like every guy who wears the star he's got to prove himself over the long haul. Those other guys have.
I like those guys too have all their jerseys. Cheered for them every game. I wish they won a superbowl but they didn't. It was time for Romo to retire he couldn't even get tackled without being seriously hurt. Wittens production was down and dez had trouble getting open. Yes they've shown me more than what dak has because they played longer but the kids deserve the same patience we gave them.

Gameover

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t I be!

They won how many playoff games together?

I’m not a stat guy. So watching those guys put up hollow stats did nothing for me.

Cap12

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t I be!

They won how many playoff games together?

I’m not a stat guy. So watching those guys put up hollow stats did nothing for me.
Yeah, but those guys could only do so much. Most of Romo and Witten's teams were not powerhouses. They were never the problem and should be appreciated for what they brought to this franchise.