Adrian Peterson requested trade to Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I entertain the possibility, I'm calling BS on this 'reporting'.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

1. 6:20 PM - 21 Feb 2015 · Details

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 5m5 minutes ago
    #Cowboys + Peterson thing; really the best you're going to read on the subject. http://dal.scout.com/story/1519214-cowboys-uneasy-peterson-a-new-reality?s=112… … (Prem)

0 replies1 retweet0 favorites
    Retweet1
    Favorite
    More

2. 6:21 PM - 21 Feb 2015 · Details

Chris ‏@HackMorris 4m4 minutes ago
    @fishsports what do you think, resign Murray at a reasonable salary or trade for AP for reasonable trade?

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

3. 6:23 PM - 21 Feb 2015 · Details

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m2 minutes ago
    .@HackMorris AD is a better football player than DeMarco and it's not even close

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article states they won't trade him to any team "especially not the Cowboys" or something like that. What's up with that?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The article states they won't trade him to any team "especially not the Cowboys" or something like that. What's up with that?

Yeah it says that. I think they'll eventually release him. Think theyre holding out hope he will negotiate with them. They def wont pay him 15mil for 2015. My interest in it was just he wants to be traded to Dallas. He wants to be there.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I would love AD behind this line. AD wants to play here bad and would certainly take a sizeable discount.

He may be #1 in fantasy drafts again if Dallas gets him.

brymatt94

Reaction score
Whenever this possibility is brought up I just think, it makes so much more sense to re-sign Demarco. He's younger, he has respect in the locker room, and he is clean off the field. I'd say it's more risky to pay a little less for Peterson, than to pay Murray a little more where you know what you're getting.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Put-Down-that-Saltshaker.jpg

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Whenever this possibility is brought up I just think, it makes so much more sense to re-sign Demarco. He's younger, he has respect in the locker room, and he is clean off the field. I'd say it's more risky to pay a little less for Peterson, than to pay Murray a little more where you know what you're getting.

So many seem to think he's the missing piece. I don't agree. Keep Murray for all the reasons you stated and build a defense that doesn't force the offense to have to score 35 plus and give team leads that the offense has to make up for.
I see AP coming to Dallas and showing his age.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I would love AD behind this line. AD wants to play here bad and would certainly take a sizeable discount.

He may be #1 in fantasy drafts again if Dallas gets him.

Me to, a few years younger and no baggage.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
How exactly do the trades work in this scenario? Does any remaining cap hit get immediately pushed forward on Vikings? This years cap hit? Or is it all traded along with AP?

If cowboys were to trade for AP it would have to be contingent on a restructure. The Cowboys wont pay AP 14 million and not pay Murray 6-7. I for one want no part of this trade unless its a crazy good deal on a restructure and a 7th Rd pick. Not even sure I want AP at this point. I don't want to pass on a RB regarded as the best RB prospect by many scouts since AP. I think i would rather draft Gurley in 1st or Ajayi or Coleman in 2nd as fallbacks than hope AP is, and will be for 2-3 years, what he once was.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
AP would feast behind this line, IMO. Kind of scary from an opponents viewpoint.

He's old in RB years but he's had plenty of rest of late and is still a physical freak. If he's released, I think it happens.

ghst187

Reaction score
Let's get AP and Murray bid for the lowest price they'll play for us...do I hear $4 mill a year?

JDSmith

Reaction score
How exactly do the trades work in this scenario? Does any remaining cap hit get immediately pushed forward on Vikings? This years cap hit? Or is it all traded along with AP?

If cowboys were to trade for AP it would have to be contingent on a restructure. The Cowboys wont pay AP 14 million and not pay Murray 6-7. I for one want no part of this trade unless its a crazy good deal on a restructure and a 7th Rd pick. Not even sure I want AP at this point. I don't want to pass on a RB regarded as the best RB prospect by many scouts since AP. I think i would rather draft Gurley in 1st or Ajayi or Coleman in 2nd as fallbacks than hope AP is, and will be for 2-3 years, what he once was.

Per overthecap.com the Vikings would save 13 million and have 2.4 million in dead money if they trade Peterson. This is the last year of his prorated bonus, so they're paying it either way and there is nothing to push up into the cap immediately. So basically his contract would become the problem of the team he's traded to, because it calls for salaries of 12.75, 14.75 and 16.75. So clearly he'd have to be willing to renegotiate as soon as he was traded. Or maybe they could restructure him prior to the trade, not sure about that.