Adrian Peterson requested trade to Cowboys

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Whenever this possibility is brought up I just think, it makes so much more sense to re-sign Demarco. He's younger, he has respect in the locker room, and he is clean off the field. I'd say it's more risky to pay a little less for Peterson, than to pay Murray a little more where you know what you're getting.

You also forgot that he's a much worse running back than Adrian and had a historic workload while Adrian was home resting.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
You also forgot that he's a much worse running back than Adrian and had a historic workload while Adrian was home resting.

Getting a year older and under a ton of stress. I'll take a worse RB with a fresh record breaking NFL season , than one forced to take a year off for the reasons AP did.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
8757632_orig.png

phildadon86

Reaction score
Get it done jerry. For a reasonable price. AP is the only back I believe the 30 year old stigma doesn't apply too

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Could you imagine if they traded Peterson to us for like a 7th and he ended up rushing for 184 yards in the Superbowl and won the MVP? The Vikings would forever be known as our trade *****es.

Eh, we could always offer up Romo. With AP in town we won't need him any ways.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Nothing is happening until the League decides on his appeal and re-instates him. Dallas would also want to wait and see what happens with Murray. They also will not trade for his contract which is 3/43m.

If Murray leaves and those other things happen and AD tells MINN he will work out a contract with us before a possible trade, then yes, I would be interested. I would offer a 5th, next year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
May I ask why? That would be the main reason I don't want him.

Sure you can. The man is a physical freak of nature. And he's had a years rest. Not to mention he has been itching to play for the Cowboys for a while now. Maybe it's my personal feelings clouding my vision but I just think ap on this team would immediately give us the best offense in the league. I mean. Defensively what do you do to stop us? Double dez? Ok. No problem ap destroys you. Stack the box. Ok dez beastly Witten and williams will eat you alive. It's amazing to picture no?.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sure you can. The man is a physical freak of nature. And he's had a years rest. Not to mention he has been itching to play for the Cowboys for a while now. Maybe it's my personal feelings clouding my vision but I just think ap on this team would immediately give us the best offense in the league. I mean. Defensively what do you do to stop us? Double dez? Ok. No problem ap destroys you. Stack the box. Ok dez beastly Witten and williams will eat you alive. It's amazing to picture no?.

Sooooo it's basically the same thing we have now ( minus the freak of nature part) with out the baggage.
Murray well respected by his teammates. No off field issues at all.
You have to load the box to try and stop him. Gets the dirty yards.
Oline loves the guy, he loves them.
Coach wants him back.
QB wants him back because of HIS back.
Sorry, leave AP in the snow.

JDSmith

Reaction score

If Peterson is the 2,000 yard, 6 ypc back he was in 2012. But what if he's only the 1200 yard, 4.5 ypc back he was in 2013? He only played one game in 2014, but he picked up a whopping 75 yards and 3.6 ypc against the Rams.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

I dont buy the "He's a physical freak of nature" stuff. Its the NFL and he plays a position that requires extreme athleticism. A very, very high percent of the players in professional sports are physical freaks of nature and they all still suffer from the aging process. Charles Barkley said it best when he said "I tell people there ain’t but two things undefeated: Father Time and what got Bobby Petrino in trouble."