Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We'll see.

If he becomes available I still think the Cowboys will try to get in on that.

Ken

Reaction score
Could be conveniently leaked to force Manny's hand to release him. The narrative they have formed is strong... Unless it is the truth.. Haha

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/03/23/cowboys-wont-enter-adrian-peterson-sweepstakes/

The Cowboys won’t be pursuing a trade for Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson, two sources tell 105.3 The Fan, citing among the reasons the team’s more disciplined approach to spending at the running back position and the running back depth in the upcoming NFL Draft. ...

I can't believe that anybody thought they would trade for him because his salary (12.75M) comes with him in a trade. Even if he took a pay cut just to get out of there, it wouldn't be a huge cut.

The only way the Cowboys would get involved is if he gets cut and nobody else offers him a huge contract. I don't think the Cowboys would go over about 8M per if he was a free agent.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
This is good news. By Wednesday Fish will be reporting that the Cowboys might be interested if Peterson will redo his contract. By Friday, we'll have a deal in place with the Vikings for a conditional 7th, subject to reworking Peterson's contract. Eatman will actually break the news but Fish will clarify that the deal is for Peterson to play RB for the Cowboys. We'll have a suspenseful weekend during which the Cowboys and Peterson try to rework his deal. Meantime Fish will offer plenty of insightful tidbits on his premium site (Breaking News: Peterson will wear 28 if he signs with the Cowboys). Peterson will finally sign next Monday and Fish will tell us how he predicted it all along. As I say, really good news.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Its a long off-season.

I refuse to believe "runners like Todd Gurley and Tevin Coleman." is the answer for the departure of Murray.

Reactions: BAT

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
This is good news. By Wednesday Fish will be reporting that the Cowboys might be interested if Peterson will redo his contract. By Friday, we'll have a deal in place with the Vikings for a conditional 7th, subject to reworking Peterson's contract. Eatman will actually break the news but Fish will clarify that the deal is for Peterson to play RB for the Cowboys. We'll have a suspenseful weekend during which the Cowboys and Peterson try to rework his deal. Meantime Fish will offer plenty of insightful tidbits on his premium site (Breaking News: Peterson will wear 28 if he signs with the Cowboys). Peterson will finally sign next Monday and Fish will tell us how he predicted it all along. As I say, really good news.

Sweet this will play right in to our next Friday mega AP thread!!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

The percentage of rookies who dont make an impact in their first year.

I am not big on RBBC, and a rookie is too much of a risk, imho, when this team is positioned to make a SB run.

I dont want to see Romo having to carry the team again...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I recall a thread on this very forum about how the Cowboys won't be pursuing Greg Hardy and yet that too proved to be untrue. No matter what the media or Wilfs would have us believe, as long as Peterson wants to be a Cowboy and the Jones' want Peterson to be a Cowboy, it remains a possibility.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Rookie Running back have proven to offer tangible results, probably one of the easier positions to transition from college to pros. It may be an over simplification but all you do is run to day light, so as RB you need to know the play and protection after that the player does what he always does runs to daylight. Where a rookie loses touches is in know passing plays where he will get replaced by a better blocker.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way SanDiego lets him go by.

I think San Diego needs somebody to step in now, from day one. That may be a bit optimistic for Gurley coming off of the ACL. That may have them going with Gordon (hopefully anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.