Adrian Peterson to Dallas?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not having to be the #1 potentially extends his and Zeke's careers. Zeke has already talked about the most difficult thing for him in the future is playing a long time.
It's not like they would share the ball 50/50. Zeke would still be the workhorse. AP wants to be a starter somewhere, he's not coming to Dallas.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 5.1 yards per carry.

Alfred Morris ran for 3.5 yards per carry, Darren McFadden for 3.6 yards per carry, and Lance Dunbar for 3.4 yards per carry.

Anyone poo-pooing the idea of getting Peterson for a year or two if the price is right isn't paying attention to what happened last year.

If Peterson wants to come here and win a championship, he might come for cheap. McFadden is a free agent, and I don't think Morris has it anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 5.1 yards per carry.

Alfred Morris ran for 3.5 yards per carry, Darren McFadden for 3.6 yards per carry, and Lance Dunbar for 3.4 yards per carry.

Anyone poo-pooing the idea of getting Peterson for a year or two if the price is right isn't paying attention to what happened last year.

If Peterson wants to come here and win a championship, he might come for cheap. McFadden is a free agent, and I don't think Morris has it anymore.

And anyone championing such a ridiculous move "isn't paying attention" either.

You point to Morris, McFadden, and Dunbar's averages as an attempted attack, while apparently oblivious to the fact that Peterson's averages were far worse. And that was during the few times he was actually able to play.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterson/2507164/profile

Peterson averaged a pathetic 1.9 yards per rush. Numbers far exceeded by both of the Vikings' backups, with Jerrick McKinnon averaging 3.4 yards per carry, and Matt Asiata averaging 3.3 yards per carry.

Peterson looked like an old running back who had hit the wall, even before his latest injuries. And he has no place on a team with the NFL's leading rusher. Peterson is the past, Elliott is the future.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
And anyone championing such a ridiculous move "isn't paying attention" either.

You point to Morris, McFadden, and Dunbar's averages as an attempted attack, while apparently oblivious to the fact that Peterson's averages were far worse. And that was during the few times he was actually able to play.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterson/2507164/profile

Peterson averaged a pathetic 1.9 yards per rush. Numbers far exceeded by both of the Vikings' backups, with Jerrick McKinnon averaging 3.4 yards per carry, and Matt Asiata averaging 3.3 yards per carry.

Peterson looked like an old running back who had hit the wall, even before his latest injuries. And he has no place on a team with the NFL's leading rusher. Peterson is the past, Elliott is the future.

Anyone who thinks Peterson had any business playing this year and comparing his numbers to others isn't paying attention. Not to mention the poor QB play in Minnesota the times where he did play or the small sample size we're talking about for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who thinks Peterson had any business playing this year and comparing his numbers to others isn't paying attention.

And why was that? Why did he have no business playing? I'd love to hear this attempted not excuse for him being terrible. The only one "not paying attention" is you. You're stuck in the past rather than seeing the present.

Not to mention the poor QB play in Minnesota the times where he did play or the small sample size we're talking about for him.

Again, it didn't result in nearly the pathetic numbers for McKinnon or Asiata. The other factors are no excuse. Peterson was just plain awful. And anyone truly "paying attention" can see that, including the Cowboys.

We have nothing to fear, he'll never come anywhere near this team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Peterson had any business playing this year and comparing his numbers to others isn't paying attention. Not to mention the poor QB play in Minnesota the times where he did play or the small sample size we're talking about for him.
Peterson wants to be a starter, are you paying attention to that? He's not going to volunteer to be a second fiddle to another RB... not coming to Dallas.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
If you're trying to generate click volume mention the Dallas Cowboys........

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement with you.

I was one of the fans banging the drum for a Peterson trade two years ago (or whenever it was), but that ship has sailed, or in the Vikings' case, sunk. They could have unloaded him and that ridiculous contract and actually gotten something in return. Now, they're simply forced to release him and get nothing.

But he's got no place in Dallas at this point. In fact, based on what he looked like when he did play in 2016, he's in for a rude awakening when it comes to available jobs and teams willing to pay him anything close to what he thinks he's worth.

Adrian Peterson is at a true crossroads in his career.
Agree as I was one of those fans as well pinning for AP until last Nov when I started banging the drum for Zeke. You can throw Ware into this conversation for me as well. This team has gone away from bringing in washed up vets who bring a name and not a high level game to the table....why would they change this pattern this year...I just don't see it and would not be ecstatic with either one coming to Dallas.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe this was already said, but we should've just kept the Darius Jackson kid. We're pretty good at developing young talent on offense.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If I was Peterson.....id be calling Bill Belichek and play for peanuts to get a ring