Adrian Peterson

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;1316167 said:
Name all of the running backs predicted to go top ten the last decade.

I wanna say LT, but many had questions about the system he ran in, but he still went top 5, and AD aint no LT

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
lane;1316081 said:
the last injury adrian had was a freak accident dive untouched into the endzone after a 63 or so yard td run....

the man is a beast..... balanced and blueprinted to wreak major havoc in the national football league.

jmo

He was not untouched, the defender clipped his ankle and it just looked like he dived. I have heard a lot of people say he was showboating by diving into the endzone. that is not the case. We won't have to worry about this though, he will be a Brown or a texan.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Spectre;1316113 said:
you are dumb.

Maybe you just don't know what your talking about and I do?

I understand the type of talent Peterson has. Anyone with 2 eyes can see it.

I just dont like how he runs.

I know this sounds like an old Grandma saying but he runs like a chicken with his head cut off. He has no discipline when he runs.

Also he runs very high and hes about 6'2. Hes shown every year that he will find a way to get hurt.

His style of running mixed with his height will get his leg broke in this league.

I don't deny the talent im just not sold on his football smarts.

Also he may have the worst hands i've ever seen.

Talented but raw.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;1316323 said:
Maybe you just don't know what your talking about and I do?

I understand the type of talent Peterson has. Anyone with 2 eyes can see it.

I just dont like how he runs.

I know this sounds like an old Grandma saying but he runs like a chicken with his head cut off. He has no discipline when he runs.

Also he runs very high and hes about 6'2. Hes shown every year that he will find a way to get hurt.

His style of running mixed with his height will get his leg broke in this league.

I don't deny the talent im just not sold on his football smarts.

Also he may have the worst hands i've ever seen.

Talented but raw.

I agree that he runs too upright for my preferences in a running back and has shown to be injury prone, but he looks like a smart runner to me. I am not sure what you see that indicates he is not a smart runner. He has things to improve upon as most runners. Very few guys come into the league niced and polished.

His hands aren't that bad either. Better than Julius Jones, plus you have to consider who was throwing him the ball. Paul Thompson was not a good, accurate QB.

He will go top 5, so Dallas won't have a chance at him. They also don't have enough to trade up to get him. Shouldn't even think about that type of move anyway since they have several holes to fill and running back is the least of them.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
joseephuss;1316347 said:
I agree that he runs too upright for my preferences in a running back and has shown to be injury prone, but he looks like a smart runner to me. I am not sure what you see that indicates he is not a smart runner. He has things to improve upon as most runners. Very few guys come into the league niced and polished.

His hands aren't that bad either. Better than Julius Jones, plus you have to consider who was throwing him the ball. Paul Thompson was not a good, accurate QB.

He will go top 5, so Dallas won't have a chance at him. They also don't have enough to trade up to get him. Shouldn't even think about that type of move anyway since they have several holes to fill and running back is the least of them.

I'll bet he doesnt...wont surprise me if he doesnt go in the top 10-15

David

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Peterson a great deal. I don't think it's a good idea to measure him on his last game. He probably came back a little too early and with that kind of lay off, I don't think you can get a good idea of what he can actually do when in playing shape. If we had the opportunity to draft this player, I would be all for it. However, I don't see it happening. He will be gone way before we ever get the chance IMO.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dbair1967;1316349 said:
I'll bet he doesnt...wont surprise me if he doesnt go in the top 10-15

David

Should he? Or will he? There will be some team that will take him at least in the Top 10. If you just look at his positives, he is worth that and some teams do that kind of evaluation. They ignore the negatives, which he does have. I will bet he goes Top 8, but I don't actually make real bets.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
yeah, this is the ticket! let's spend our high picks on ANOTHER tail back, even though we have two studs at the position already. who needs an offensive line? certainly not us! :rolleyes:

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;1316419 said:
yeah, this is the ticket! let's spend our high picks on ANOTHER tail back, even though we have two studs at the position already. who needs an offensive line? certainly not us! :rolleyes:

:laugh2: julius "stud" :laugh2: :laugh1:

:bang2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;1316419 said:

agree on this too...not sure what people are looking at here...our OL isnt very good at run blocking, hence it really doesnt matter who is back there

David

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
dbair1967;1316429 said:
agree on this too...not sure what people are looking at here...our OL isnt very good at run blocking, hence it really doesnt matter who is back there

David

:hammer:

Yeah, pretty silly if you ask me. I guess nobody bothers to actually watch the games for themselves, but prefer regurgitated/force fed opinions.

ologan

Reaction score
If he were still available in a later round,I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Darius Walker from ND....Although his running isn't on the same level as others who will be picked much sooner,this kid is the whole package...Run,catch,block. He's just a winner!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Spectre;1316128 said:
If you pass on one of the the greatest RB talents in the past decade at pick #22 (and your starting RB is Julius Jones) then you are, in fact, "dumb".

You think he's one of the greatest RB talents in the past decade?

And you're the one calling people "Dumb"?

Next time you call someone Dumb, make sure it's done when you're looking in the mirror.

jimmy40;1316180 said:
AD is an injury waiting to happen so lets go after Bush who only missed 12 games this year due to injury.:bang2: :bang2:

I was thinking the same thing. I would of liked drafting Bush in the later rounds if we didn't already have MBIII. But I wouldn't draft Bush on the first day or even early on the second day.

dbair1967;1316429 said:

David

I agree as well. If there's a "Shawn ANdrews" available we need to take him. Trade up for him if need to.

I'd like to take a RB early on the second day though. An elusive type RB that can catch and return kicks. Or if a Maurice Drew were available in the third round, I'd take him.

cowboynative

Reaction score
g_peterson_412.jpg

ndanger

Reaction score
CATCH17;1316013 said:
He can't stay on the field.

Also he is probably the dumbest runner i've ever seen. He just makes it on pure talent alone.

He is raw raw raw and has a lot of work to do.

I wouldn't take him if he fell to us at 22.
Wow all I can say is puff,puff,pass. You're kidding ,right? :confused:

Reaction score
No thanks Peterson can't seem to stay healthy, I wonder about his conditioning/work ethic in the offseason. I wouldn't give anything up for him but if should happen to fall to 23, which I seriously doubt then no question I'd take him.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I don't see how anybody can deny his talent. He also shows alot of heart. All you had to do was watch him on the sidelines any game this season while he was injured. An injury waiting to happen? A high ankle sprain and a freak collar bone injury... Apparently some don't understand just how easy it is to get a high ankle sprain. There's absolutely no reason to think he won't have a productive career in the NFL. I'm sure most of the people in here calling him overrated and blaming it on people who only watch the highlights ARE the only ones watching JUST the highlights. But don't let me stop the hate parade.

Am I biased? Sure.

ndanger

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1317230 said:
No thanks Peterson can't seem to stay healthy, I wonder about his conditioning/work ethic in the offseason. I wouldn't give anything up for him but if should happen to fall to 23, which I seriously doubt then no question I'd take him.
I have seen AD at spring practices and I don't think there is a problem with his work ethic at all.If you were to ask any of his team mates they would concur.All I know is if he was there at the #23 pick, a team would be an absolute fool not to take him.At the very least you would spend 14 minutes entertaining some very lucrative offers from more than one team.The poster who suggested he would not take him at that slot is not using any part of his brain,in many peoples opinion.Many very knowledgeable football minded people,I might add.