Adrian Peterson

ghst187

Reaction score
dbair1967;1316429 said:
agree on this too...not sure what people are looking at here...our OL isnt very good at run blocking, hence it really doesnt matter who is back there

David

well there's a LOT of truth in that....

I would take Adrian Peterson with our pick ALL DAY...(pun intended)
He's a pro-bowl talent. His combo of size and speed as well as overall athleticism..is utterly amazing. Defenders just bounce off of him. I think he, MBIII, and TT would be a great combo. If AP is there when we pick, which he just might be precisely for the reasons that some here list for not wanting to draft him, we'd be fools not to take him.
Remember Marcus McNeil had injury concerns too. Boy we missed on that one.

What do you guys think of a guy who has a very good chance of being there when we pick...and who's an outstanding back...Bush? I heard he may go back to school but if not...would be pretty interesting. He can pound a defense.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Michael Bush has already declared for the draft. He's not going back to Looserville. As much as I hate the school, Bush is a stud. He's big AND fast. His injury isn't a big deal. It was a broken leg, not a torn ACL or anything that could linger. He'll be fine and I'd rather have him in the second round that Petersen in the first. We have more pressing needs in the first round that an RB.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Moot point seeing as how Peterson won't be there at #22 and no one will thrive behind our existing offensive line/turnstile.

We must fortify the trenches if we want to make waves next season.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Avery;1317557 said:
Moot point seeing as how Peterson won't be there at #22 and no one will thrive behind our existing offensive line/turnstile.

We must fortify the trenches if we want to make waves next season.

You make it seem like we had the worst OL in football.

The only arguable weak spot on our OL this year was RG. Both Tackles were solid (Flo was shaky at the beginning of the year, then we never heard from him again... which is a good thing). LG was solid, and this was Gurode's best season.

Rivera wasn't horrible, but his back problems coupled with his age make RG a priority to fill.

Fact is we don't need a RB like Peterson. We need an elusive RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like what I see from Tyson Thompson each year.

He'll be a fun guy to watch in the preseason.

He even looks like Peterson in pads and is a fast dude too.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells signs Quentin Griffin and gives him a shot to make the team this year.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
My problem with the line is run blocking and attitude. We lack both.

We need to get nasty up front. I don't think JJ tries to run into piles, but sometimes that's all he has.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Avery;1317614 said:
My problem with the line is run blocking and attitude. We lack both.

We need to get nasty up front. I don't think JJ tries to run into piles, but sometimes that's all he has.

I don't think he "tries" to run into piles either, but he does. And he often has a hole elsewhere when he does it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghst187;1317283 said:
He still has those injury concerns and there were many teams that passed on him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187;1317283 said:

What difference would McNeil of made? Tackle wasn't a problem on the team this year. Not even close. McNeil would of been a backup with us.

And as mentioned before, those injury concerns REMAIN with McNeil.