****AFC Championship Game Thread - NE vs. Balt.*****

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4975926 said:
That blood was from his boys. He quickly got them out of there. I'm pretty sure their blood was on his coat. Still, that doesn't mean he killed those men, who got into a fight with two guys from Ray's entourage.

And there was no recovery of any items on him that had blood on them. And realistically, they probably could have found them even though they allege he put it in a dumpster behind a fast food joint.

The DA's only went after Lewis for double homicide because he was a celebrity.

I lived right down the road from the old Cobalt Lounge when this happened. I actually walked by it with my then girlfriend to go back home about 10 minutes before the brawl happened.

There was a lot of racial tension in the Buckhead section of Atlanta during the time. It used to be predominantely white people going to the bars and night clubs. Over the years, more and more minorities started hanging around the night life area.

They instituted a 'no cruising' rule to force the minorities out. But since there were so many people cruising the area at night, there was no way they could enforce it. It would also lock up traffic severely.

Over time there would be some gun crime. But it was really about once a year. When the Lewis situation happened, it was the chance for those Buckhead residents to put something behind them wanting the nightlife shut down.

The DA's office arrested Lewis because they knew if they wanted to get re-elected, they had better arrest him for double homicide.

But, they had no bloody shirt. Even worse, every witness they had recanted because they were caught lying. IIRC, almost EVERY witness was an ex-con. One of whom recanted because the defense could prove he was not even in the area at the time it happened.

After this situation happened, the city of Atlanta cut closing hours by 1-hour. Then a little later to 2-hours. They were hoping to drive people to Underground Atlanta, which has failed miserably and is city owned. But, that never happened.

Eventually, the land developer decided he wanted to get into the housing market boom and wanted to shut it down and make it the 'Rodeo Drive of the South' (I never knew Rodeo Drive had a Chuck's Firearm's and Bait store). Thru some shady dealings with the city Buckhead was shut down and now there's nowhere really to go for night life outside of the Virginia Highlands.

Anyway, DA's...particularly these ones that were worried about re-electing...don't plea bargain with people they accuse of double homicide. That's unless they KNOW they don't have a case and KNOW that the person didn't do it. Hell, most times they'll not plea bargain if they KNOW they person didn't do it, as long as they have a case.

Anybody who thinks differently has to look at the shadiness of some DA's like Mike Nifong.

I think most people just don't like Ray Lewis because he's too flamboyant for their tastes. I don't have anything good or bad towards Lewis. I'm indifferent upon him.

But, justice was not served. Hell, they could have gotten Lewis to confess if they would have arrested him for Obstruction of Justice, first...then come at him as if he doesn't confess, he will be involved in a double homicide trial.

Instead, we just had a bunch of politicians posing as civil servants that screwed everything up because it benefitted them.

YR

Diogenes

Reaction score
rynochop;4975898 said:
I think saw him in on two tackles, but he looks good in front of the camera, which is all that matters for some.

He led the team in tackles.

rynochop

Reaction score
Diogenes;4976041 said:
He led the team in tackles.

Your exactly right, I know I heard sims say something to that effect, didn't sound right. Still a diva, and guarantee he.ll be back next year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4976037 said:
And there was no recovery of any items on him that had blood on them. And realistically, they probably could have found them even though they allege he put it in a dumpster behind a fast food joint.

I lived right down the road from the old Cobalt Lounge when this happened. I actually walked by it with my then girlfriend to go back home about 10 minutes before the brawl happened.

There was a lot of racial tension in the Buckhead section of Atlanta during the time. It used to be predominantely white people going to the bars and night clubs. Over the years, more and more minorities started hanging around the night life area.

They instituted a 'no cruising' rule to force the minorities out. But since there were so many people cruising the area at night, there was no way they could enforce it. It would also lock up traffic severely.

Over time there would be some gun crime. But it was really about once a year. When the Lewis situation happened, it was the chance for those Buckhead residents to put something behind them wanting the nightlife shut down.

The DA's office arrested Lewis because they knew if they wanted to get re-elected, they had better arrest him for double homicide.

But, they had no bloody shirt. Even worse, every witness they had recanted because they were caught lying. IIRC, almost EVERY witness was an ex-con. One of whom recanted because the defense could prove he was not even in the area at the time it happened.

After this situation happened, the city of Atlanta cut closing hours by 1-hour. Then a little later to 2-hours. They were hoping to drive people to Underground Atlanta, which has failed miserably and is city owned. But, that never happened.

Eventually, the land developer decided he wanted to get into the housing market boom and wanted to shut it down and make it the 'Rodeo Drive of the South' (I never knew Rodeo Drive had a Chuck's Firearm's and Bait store). Thru some shady dealings with the city Buckhead was shut down and now there's nowhere really to go for night life outside of the Virginia Highlands.

Anyway, DA's...particularly these ones that were worried about re-electing...don't plea bargain with people they accuse of double homicide. That's unless they KNOW they don't have a case and KNOW that the person didn't do it. Hell, most times they'll not plea bargain if they KNOW they person didn't do it, as long as they have a case.

Anybody who thinks differently has to look at the shadiness of some DA's like Mike Nifong.

I think most people just don't like Ray Lewis because he's too flamboyant for their tastes. I don't have anything good or bad towards Lewis. I'm indifferent upon him.

But, justice was not served. Hell, they could have gotten Lewis to confess if they would have arrested him for Obstruction of Justice, first...then come at him as if he doesn't confess, he will be involved in a double homicide trial.

Instead, we just had a bunch of politicians posing as civil servants that screwed everything up because it benefitted them.

YR

Nice summary. And I remember saying back when it was happening that they should have charged Ray with OoJ. But the prosecutor was trying to grandstand. I knew double murder wasn't the appropriate charge. But Ray didn't want to gamble so I believe he pleaded to a lesser charge. Can't remember which. I think he should have taken the gamble because I don't think the jury would have convicted him of double murder, not with the lack of evidence presented in that case.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
noletime95;4975966 said:
Shannon Sharpe just called Bellicheat out for not doing an interview for CBS. I agree with him.

I'm glad somebody did.

He might as well start calling out Kraft as well since Belichick is a prized employee. The reality is that Kraft doesn't have any class either, especially when he doesn't get his way. But, Belichick being a classless loser...again...should shine some light on the owner since he continues to allow for it.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4976102 said:
Nice summary. And I remember saying back when it was happening that they should have charged Ray with OoJ. But the prosecutor was trying to grandstand. I knew double murder wasn't the appropriate charge. But Ray didn't want to gamble so I believe he pleaded to a lesser charge. Can't remember which. I think he should have taken the gamble because I don't think the jury would have convicted him of double murder, not with the lack of evidence presented in that case.

Yes, they charged him with double homicide. Their witnesses were a complete joke. The only one that wasn't a joke was the limo driver, but he only said that he thought he heard Lewis say to the effect 'my career isn't going to end this way.' That could mean anything. And the limo driver recanted.

The DA's office knew that they didn't have a case and knew Lewis didn't do it. So they tried to settle and hope that Lewis would serve as state's witness.

YR

rynochop

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4976123 said:
I'm glad somebody did.

He might as well start calling out Kraft as well since Belichick is a prized employee. The reality is that Kraft doesn't have any class either, especially when he doesn't get his way. But, Belichick being a classless loser...again...should shine some light on the owner since he continues to allow for it.

YR

Though he was cocky even in defeat, waiting til they rammed two first downs down their throats and game over before starting to use timouts. Hes done that before on O,p running the regular offense no hurry up...like they're to cool to go hurry up when behind.

mldardy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4976037 said:

YR
Give me a break with this bull****. You sound like Ray's lawyer or something. Those two people did stab and kill themselves that night/early morning. Ray was involve but no one could get their stories straight because people either didn't want to talk or they couldn't tell who did what because there were so many people involved in the fight INCLUDING RAY. I have read a lot about this story. There's a really good breakdown of the timeline on Grantland. Ray is as guilty as they come in this situation. You state they went after him because he's a celebrity, bull. If anything his celebrity helped him out of this situation. Because no one wanted to talk and finger him. Investigators say they traced the knife found at the crime scene back to the sporting goods store where Lewis was signing autographs the day before the Super Bowl. Just so many things point this guy not even being close to innocent of these crimes..

mldardy

Reaction score
StylisticS;4976001 said:
That's what I was thinking as well. That's a long time.
The last time two road teams won in the championship games was in 97 season: Broncos beat the Steelers at Three Rivers Stadium and Packers beat 49ers at Candlestick

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
mldardy;4976273 said:
Give me a break with this bull****. You sound like Ray's lawyer or something. Those two people did stab and kill themselves that night/early morning. Ray was involve but no one could get their stories straight because people either didn't want to talk or they couldn't tell who did what because there were so many people involved in the fight INCLUDING RAY. I have read a lot about this story. There's a really good breakdown of the timeline on Grantland. Ray is as guilty as they come in this situation. You state they went after him because he's a celebrity, bull. If anything his celebrity helped him out of this situation. Because no one wanted to talk and finger him. Investigators say they traced the knife found at the crime scene back to the sporting goods store where Lewis was signing autographs the day before the Super Bowl. Just so many things point this guy not even being close to innocent of these crimes..

Well I belive in the American system of justice where you are innocent until proven guilty.

As far as I am concerned, if the DA could not prove Ray Lewis is guilty, then he is innocent. I am not going to pass judgement on him and say he is guilty just because the knife used in the crime came from the same store he was signing autographs at. That is circumstantial evidence and not enough to prove he did it.

crazytown41

Reaction score
From ESPN:
The bad blood between Suggs and Tom Brady, in particular, dates back a number of years. In 2010, a season in which Brady was named NFL MVP, Suggs said he voted for Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick over Brady for the Pro Bowl. He also called Brady's three Super Bowl titles "questionable" because of the "tuck rule" game in 2001 and the Spygate scandal that surfaced in 2007.

I'm confused. How is there bad blood between the two when it's Suggs doing all the talking?

Not really sure why the Ravens are talking so much trash with the Pats. I've never heard any Pats players say anything. Maybe I'm wrong. Did Brady say something after they knocked them out last season?

Or maybe Brady talks a lot of trash on the field but we never hear it. Because I've never heard him talk trash in an interview or post game conference.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4976314 said:
Well I belive in the American system of justice where you are innocent until proven guilty.

As far as I am concerned, if the DA could not prove Ray Lewis is guilty, then he is innocent. I am not going to pass judgement on him and say he is guilty just because the knife used in the crime came from the same store he was signing autographs at. That is circumstantial evidence and not enough to prove he did it.

I believe you can be found innocent but in reality be guilty and treated as such. OJ is a great example. They didn't find him guilty in the court of law, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what he did.

The difference is that there was no evidence against Lewis.

They claimed there was a bloody shirt which they likely would have found since the garbage department in the city of Atlanta did not work the next day. The witnesses were ex-cons that all recanted their story. One of whom recanted because the defense could prove he was nowhere near there.

Again, the DA's only arrested Lewis for double homicide because he was a celebrity and their constituents demanded that Lewis be arrested because of other factors happening in the Buckhead area of Atlanta during the time.

YR

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4975910 said:
So much for the Belichick brilliance. Like Bart Scott said, they couldn't stop a nose bleed. But, I'm sure in about 3 months we'll start hearing people bow to Belichick like he invented the game.

YR

It's a lot easier being a genius on defense when you steal signals and know what the offense is gonna run....

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4976123 said:
I'm glad somebody did.

YR

I hate that drunk Kraft more than Bellihcheat and Shady Brady...

Reaction score
crazytown41;4976374 said:
From ESPN:

I'm confused. How is there bad blood between the two when it's Suggs doing all the talking?

Not really sure why the Ravens are talking so much trash with the Pats. I've never heard any Pats players say anything. Maybe I'm wrong. Did Brady say something after they knocked them out last season?

Or maybe Brady talks a lot of trash on the field but we never hear it. Because I've never heard him talk trash in an interview or post game conference.

Uh, have you eeven watched the guy play? I remember his taunting of the Steelers CB or safety a couple years ago after Brady threw a TD pass. Did you see his kick at Ed Reed?

joseephuss

Reaction score
rickjameschinaclub;4976631 said:
It's a lot easier being a genius on defense when you steal signals and know what the offense is gonna run....

Think it is easier when you have some better players. Schemes can only take you so far, but they can't make up for talent deficiencies. The Pats are still having success by getting to AFC Championship games and Superbowls, but when they were winning Superbowls they had more talent on defense than they do now. Seymour, McGinnest, Law, Milloy and Harrison.

Reaction score
When you perfect the art of cheating, your knowledge doesn't just miraculously disappear. We have no idea the extent of their cheating ways, considering all the evidence was burned. As far as I'm concerned, I don't trust Bellicheat, Brady and Kraft at all even to this day.

crazytown41

Reaction score
rickjameschinaclub;4976639 said:
Uh, have you eeven watched the guy play? I remember his taunting of the Steelers CB or safety a couple years ago after Brady threw a TD pass. Did you see his kick at Ed Reed?
Uh, okay. What does that have to do with the Ravens & Suggs though? Did the Steelers & Ravens put aside their differences for the greater good of the evil Tom Brady?