After 2 games, Henson leads NFL Europe

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I've said it a dozen times...Henson says and does the right stuff. He didn't come to Dallas an expect to be handed a job because of his blue chip background.

He volunteered to go to NFLE.

How do ya not root for a guy like this?

Easy, you either predicted at some time he will be a bust...and don't want to look stupid...Which you really wouldn't...I mean who is right all of the time...

Or, you have a passion for Romo or some QB in the draft/FA that you really want to see play here and Henson is in the way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was good to see Henson have a better showing in game 2 from that of game 1 in NFLE. His time in NFLE is just part of the learning process for Henson and I think he will be better because of this learning expericance

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
I just watched the video, and I can't say I like his throwing motion. It really weirds me out. This is an exaggeration, but it almost looked like he was using a dart-throwing motion.

i think people get too worked up over throwing motions. does it get the job done and does he hit his target? i'll agree he sometimes looks like he's throwing darts out there, but i was GLAD to see that type of accuracy and speed.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i think people get too worked up over throwing motions. does it get the job done and does he hit his target? i'll agree he sometimes looks like he's throwing darts out there, but i was GLAD to see that type of accuracy and speed.

Darts. It used to be a good thing.

Accurate darts thrown to recievers I thought was a great compliment.

But its not good when we are talking about Henson ?

Break down all 32 teams starting QB's...All golfers swings...All pitchers motions.

I'm sure you'll see a lot of different styles.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Darts. It used to be a good thing.

Accurate darts thrown to recievers I thought was a great compliment.

But its not good when we are talking about Henson ?

Break down all 32 teams starting QB's...All golfers swings...All pitchers motions.

I'm sure you'll see a lot of different styles.

I agree. As long as he is not trying to guild the ball throwing drats is not bad at all.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I've said it a dozen times...Henson says and does the right stuff. He didn't come to Dallas an expect to be handed a job because of his blue chip background.

He volunteered to go to NFLE.

Beats me it really does

superpunk

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Maybe they don't notice

henson_032406_300.jpg

the little star on the uniform. He is kinda wearing burgundy.

For chrissake's people....he's a Dallas Cowboy. Get off your high - agenda driven - horses and root for this guy!

:bang2:

BlueWave

Reaction score
littlewebs said:
I just watched the video, and I can't say I like his throwing motion. It really weirds me out. This is an exaggeration, but it almost looked like he was using a dart-throwing motion.

Have you ever seen Phillip rivers throwing motion.

I have always found it interesting, every MLB pitcher throws the ball differently. No two are exactly alike. No one cares as long as they get people out.

In the NFL, if your delivery is not text book, immediately people want to change you delivery to match everyone elses, no matter how much success you have had and are having with that particular delivery. Kosar was almost sidearm and was very successful in the NFL. rivers is a huge prospect, and no one is messing with his 3/4 arm delivery.

People dwell on the fact that the ball comes out low, causing it to get deflected at the line. I have seen only two of his passes defelected at the line so far this season in NFLE and I'll be willing to bet Bledsoe had that many after two games as well. That is simply a misconception and certainly not a big enough problem to go to the trouble of changing Hensons motion. They tried that one time already, and I think we all remember how bad he looked in the preseason of 2005. Now he's back to his natural motion and personally I think he looks great.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
8 games to go, still way too early to call it a success or a failure. But it's a good start and something to build on.

I think it was Phil Simms who was quoted as saying a good NFL QB has about 4 down/bad games during the 16 game season. If you believe that, then that ratio for 10 games equates to 2.5 games.

I'm enoying having some football to watch this offseason and someone to root for. No one can say he isn't working or isn't saying the right things. He isn't simply be handed anything outside that 1 turkey day start.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Maybe they don't notice

henson_032406_300.jpg

the little star on the uniform. He is kinda wearing burgundy.

For chrissake's people....he's a Dallas Cowboy. Get off your high - agenda driven - horses and root for this guy!

:bang2:

On the nosey!

stiletto

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I know people don't want to hear it....but the Henson project is already a bust in my mind....I'm willing to bet he's not even on this roster when the season starts unless he can qualify for the practice squad.

Despite Bledsoe's track record of durability and toughness, we still need a proven veteran back up on this roster if we are loading up for a championship run! That leaves one more space.....We cut Romo and he will be claimed off waivers instantly by another team (likely the saints), which leaves Henson as the odd man out unless he looks the other Drew (Bledsoe) in training camp!

OK -- you are a football NOOB!! It's almost like you are rooting against Henson. So stupid!! Everyone should be hoping he becomes the QB of the future. Your lover Bledsoe will only be here for another year, maybe 2 MAX. Henson has all the talent, tools, etc to make it in this league more-so than any of the other QB's we've had since Aikman. He just needs to play and you will be eating your words after this NFLE season because he will improve every week and guys like you will just look more stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I know people don't want to hear it....but the Henson project is already a bust in my mind....I'm willing to bet he's not even on this roster when the season starts unless he can qualify for the practice squad.

Despite Bledsoe's track record of durability and toughness, we still need a proven veteran back up on this roster if we are loading up for a championship run! That leaves one more space.....We cut Romo and he will be claimed off waivers instantly by another team (likely the saints), which leaves Henson as the odd man out unless he looks the other Drew (Bledsoe) in training camp!

I less convinced that an Undrafted player like Romo is the future of this club. Not saying he can't do it but I do think it is a tall order to think Romo will become the future of this club. Henson has the skill level that teams look for in a QB which is why he was always thought highly of and if he can get to the point where the speed of the game starts to slow down Henson skills will start to show itself. As for Bledsoe I'm very happy with him but I also know that he is heading towards the end of his career

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Why is it that a vet qb is being brought up. Does anyone see a good vet qb out there? Are the Cowboys talking to any vet qbs? No on both accounts. They are going with what they have and might look into a rookie to bring to minicamps. I suspect they go the Tony Romo route and sign an undrafted free agent again.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Not that it shows up in the stats or anything, but Henson could easily have 2 picks thrown had the defender not drop them, 1 in each game. Just pointing that out for those that haven't seen the games. :)

I'm pulling for Henson though, I wish him the best of luck. The Boys need a young QB w/ some experience. NFL E is experience, not at the NFL level, of course, but it's better than sitting and watching film and not seeing the field at all.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SteveOS said:
Not that it shows up in the stats or anything, but Henson could easily have 2 picks thrown had the defender not drop them. Just pointing that out for those that haven't seen the games. :) 1 in each game.

I'm pulling for Henson though, I wish him the best of luck. The Boys need a young QB w/ some experience. NFL E is experience, not at the NFL level, of course, but it's better than sitting and watching film and not seeing the field at all.

Yep...but that's why those guys play on defense and not at the WR position. It happens in just about every game...balances out the good throws that bounce off a WR's hands.

And I agree...he isn't going to play for the Cowboys this year anyway...so he's got plenty of time to learn the offense. He needs this game action right now.

SteveOS

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Yep...but that's why those guys play on defense and not at the WR position. It happens in just about every game...balances out the good throws that bounce off a WR's hands.

And I agree...he isn't going to play for the Cowboys this year anyway...so he's got plenty of time to learn the offense. He needs this game action right now.

Exactly.:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SteveOS said:

Hey...I'm just happy that I've got a football fix for the next few months!

..it's a long time before the season begins.

SteveOS

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...I'm just happy that I've got a football fix for the next few months!

..it's a long time before the season begins.

LOL, same here bro. Hell, I still miss the USFL. :)