After 2 games, Henson leads NFL Europe

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I know people don't want to hear it....but the Henson project is already a bust in my mind....I'm willing to bet he's not even on this roster when the season starts unless he can qualify for the practice squad.

Despite Bledsoe's track record of durability and toughness, we still need a proven veteran back up on this roster if we are loading up for a championship run! That leaves one more space.....We cut Romo and he will be claimed off waivers instantly by another team (likely the saints), which leaves Henson as the odd man out unless he looks the other Drew (Bledsoe) in training camp!
The key words right there. I doubt the organization shares your analysis.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Didn't Jake Delhomme play in NFLEurope?

He's why I'm encouraged by Henson's play:

1. His biggest problem was not that he didn't have talent, but that he was rusty and didn't have enough experience. This outting gives him that experience.

2. If he is an NFL-caliber quarterback, he ought to have dominating performances over inferior competition. 16 of 21 is pretty dominating (well, maybe dominating is a stretch and probably isn't the best word, but you get the point). In my opinion, as he becomes more comfortable, he should have more of these games, if, indeed, he is the future QB of the Cowboys.

3. He seems to be comfortable reading defenses nd hitting his open man, and that's very valueable if he's going to have a chance to start in the NFL.

Now what we can't predict is how that will translate to the NFL because the speed of the NFL and the disguised defensive packages will present a challenge of a different level.

But I was impressed by his performance. I haven't given up on him, and I don't think the Cowboys have either.

Bill Parcells is just grooming QBs like they did in the old days. You had your starter then you had your understudy or backup on the bench ready to come in when the starter couldn't get it done or if the starter got injured.

I don't think many posters are taking into consideration Parcells' old-school style and seem to think that because Henson isn't getting any playing time that means he's in the Cowboys' doghouse and ready to be let go.

I feel that after this year - assuming Bledsoe doesn't get injured and with Henson's game experience in NFLEurope - he will be ready to step in in the 2007 season and will be perfectly fine.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I know people don't want to hear it....but the Henson project is already a bust in my mind....\

What? Bledsoe4MVP doesn't like another QB on the roster? Nooooooo. Reeeeally?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It is hilarious to hear about "fans" who say we should have signed Jake Delhomme. They don't even know his history.

The dude went undrafted, and was sent to NFL Europe to backup Kurt Warner. He was the 3rd string QB for New Orleans. He was then sent BACK to NFL Europe AGAIN.

In 5 years with the Saints he played 6 games, starting only two games.

He lead the NFC in preseson passing rating in 2002 and 2001. But to say... We should have picked him up is ridiculous considering the people who are calling Henson a bust...

Jake Delhomme is currently 31 years old. And this will be his ninth season in the NFL.

You're judging a quarterback WAY too quickly.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
It is hilarious to hear about "fans" who say we should have signed Jake Delhomme. They don't even know his history.

The dude went undrafted, and was sent to NFL Europe to backup Kurt Warner. He was the 3rd string QB for New Orleans. He was then sent BACK to NFL Europe AGAIN.

In 5 years with the Saints he played 6 games, starting only two games.

He lead the NFC in preseson passing rating in 2002 and 2001. But to say... We should have picked him up is ridiculous considering the people who are calling Henson a bust...

Jake Delhomme is currently 31 years old. And this will be his ninth season in the NFL.

You're judging a quarterback WAY too quickly.

And his first start was against Cowboys, which he won :mad: :D

And I had that unfortunate pleasure of watching that game in the stadium, my first game in the stadium to watch cowboys. And that was back in 1999 too.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Another funny fact is that Kurt Warner NEVER would have started had (much like Brady and Bledsoe) Trent Green never been injured. Kurt Warner wasn't even the 2nd quarterback on the depth chart. Paul Justin was. He just happened to be injured as well.

ANOTHER funny fact. ST. Louis' Marc Bulger also didn't have a star studded beginning.

He was a 6th round draft pick by the Saints no less in 2000. Gut cut in Training camp, and joined in on going quarterback carousel within the nfc. He spent two weeks on Atlanta's practice squad, then joined St. Louis' practice squad. He spent his first season with the Rams as an inactive 3rd quarterback.

Bulger would never have become a starter had Warner not been injured (like Trent Green before him). Dude probably would have been sent to NFL Europe sooner or later.

Matt Hasslebeck - 6th round draft pick in 1998 by the packers, backed up Brett Favre. Traded to the seahawks in 2001.

Mark Brunell - Drafted in the 5th round by Green Bay in 1993. Backed up Brett Favre... Didn't play in 1993, saw limited action in 94. The Jaguars got him in 95. quickly became a pro bowler.

Trent Green - drafted in the 8th round in 1993 by the chargers, didn't play a single game until 1997 with the Commanders, became the Commanders starter in 1998. Then saw limited playing time with the Rams. Before going to Kansas City. Where he has been a pro bowl quality qb since 2002.

Brad Johnson - Drafted in 1992 by the Vikings in the 9th round, didn't play a single game until his 3rd year, where he played 4 games, played 5 games is his 4th year. Then started 8 games in his 5th year.

QBs aren't all Peyton Mannings...

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
stiletto said:
OK -- you are a football NOOB!! It's almost like you are rooting against Henson. So stupid!! Everyone should be hoping he becomes the QB of the future. Your lover Bledsoe will only be here for another year, maybe 2 MAX. Henson has all the talent, tools, etc to make it in this league more-so than any of the other QB's we've had since Aikman. He just needs to play and you will be eating your words after this NFLE season because he will improve every week and guys like you will just look more stupid.

I'm not against Henson, I just don't think he has 'it'. I understand Bledsoe isn't the long term answer, but as of right now neither are Romo or Henson. Many QB's have had the talent and tools to make it in this league....Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Ryan Leif, Tim Couch, etc etc....and guess what they were former 1st round picks....top 10 picks!

Face it the Henson experiement is over! :mad:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The key words right there. I doubt the organization shares your analysis.

Remember that when Henson is cut this august...I might not work for ESPN, but my football intuition is pretty keen none the less. There's a reason Henson is in NFL Europe and right now he's fighting for his survival!

superpunk

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

It's just begun.

Go cheer for the Patriots, if you want to pass judgement on our players already. If you haven't noticed, when Henson suits up, he wears the star. Call me crazy, but I automatically pull for him. So, please, back to Boston with you.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Remember that when Henson is cut this august...I might not work for ESPN, but my football intuition is pretty keen none the less. There's a reason Henson is in NFL Europe and right now he's fighting for his survival!

The reason he is in NFLE is because he asked to go over there and get some live game experience

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
It's just begun.

Go cheer for the Patriots, if you want to pass judgement on our players already. If you haven't noticed, when Henson suits up, he wears the star. Call me crazy, but I automatically pull for him. So, please, back to Boston with you.

Don't be a hater....what does assessing the Henson situation have to do with being a cowboys fan? I don't have to approve of every player on this rosters...In fact there are several others I have in my crosshairs that are notice and better step it up! I don't think Henson is the long term answer after Bledsoe is gone and I won't change my opinion until he shows me something!

Also I'm not from boston and I don't like the patriots....even when Drew played for them so quit assuming I'm just a mindless 'Drewpie' :mad:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I'm not against Henson, I just don't think he has 'it'. I understand Bledsoe isn't the long term answer, but as of right now neither are Romo or Henson. Many QB's have had the talent and tools to make it in this league....Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Ryan Leif, Tim Couch, etc etc....and guess what they were former 1st round picks....top 10 picks!

I don't think Dallas views Henson experiement to be over only just starting. This will be his 3rd season coming up and his contract is such that it allowed Dallas to give Henson time to adjust to the game.

superpunk

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Don't be a hater....what does assessing the Henson situation have to do with being a cowboys fan? I don't have to approve of every player on this rosters...In fact there are several others I have in my crosshairs that are notice and better step it up! I don't think Henson is the long term answer after Bledsoe is gone and I won't change my opinion until he shows me something!

So, you'll just make wild claims like he'll get cut this summer, so you can gloat if it happens, and push your stupid agenda on the rest of us until then? Sorry, I root for ALL Cowboys players, no matter how much they've disappointed so far. Everyone can always turn it around.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

Also I'm not from boston and I don't like the patriots....even when Drew played for them so quit assuming I'm just a mindless 'Drewpie' :mad:

So, you see nothing positive in his performance, which just happened to be only his 11th start since high school???...and you've already classified him as a "bust"

Yep...like I said earlier, it's this kind of thinking that had Dewey elected over Truman.

And...you'll root for Owens, in fact, you'll trumpet his arrival as you sig...but a guy who's done all the right things..said all the right things..and gone to NFLE to better his game, you won't root for.

Yep...makes perfect sense to me..

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
So, you'll just make wild claims like he'll get cut this summer, so you can gloat if it happens, and push your stupid agenda on the rest of us until then? Sorry, I root for ALL Cowboys players, no matter how much they've disappointed so far. Everyone can always turn it around.

Why would I gloat if Henson is cut? I would be dissappointed by it but would have to move on, I hope he turns it around I just don't see it happening sorry.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
So, you see nothing positive in his performance, which just happened to be only his 11th start since high school???...and you've already classified him as a "bust"

Yep...like I said earlier, it's this kind of thinking that had Dewey elected over Truman.

And...you'll root for Owens, in fact, you'll trumpet his arrival as you sig...but a guy who's done all the right things..said all the right things..and gone to NFLE to better his game, you won't root for.

Yep...makes perfect sense to me..

:horse:

Look I'm sorry if you guys are upset over my opinion on the matter, perhaps deep down you share my sentiments......I will try to keep an open mind but I just don't see him panning out. I'm also concerned over the things I've heard and read about him (specifically his NFL Europe journals)....it seems that Henson might be a bit immature, and that is a fatal flaw as a starting NFL QB....just ask Ryan Leif! :(

Yes I'm rooting for TO because he's a proven veteran and I believe he's finally cleaned up his act. So comparing him to an unknown like Henson don't make much sense.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

Look I'm sorry if you guys are upset over my opinion on the matter, perhaps deep down you share my sentiments......I will try to keep an open mind but I just don't see him panning out. I'm also concerned over the things I've heard and read about him (specifically his NFL Europe journals)....it seems that Henson might be a bit immature, and that is a fatal flaw as a starting NFL QB....just ask Ryan Leif! :(

Yes I'm rooting for TO because he's a proven veteran and I believe he's finally cleaned up his act. So comparing him to an unknown like Henson don't make much sense.

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2:

Damn that was funny. Here is a guy who posts on BBS and professes Bledsoe love and Bledsoe for MVP crap down everyone's throat. And he is talking about someone else being immature. :eek: :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

you are what you are man. and when you got dwarf-drew as your selfproclaimed worhship idol, it happens to speak volumes for who's *fan* you really are.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Henson had a Great game Saturday...I really want to see him do it again in his next game!

GO HENSON!:star:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

I'm curious, what would lead you to believe that Henson is immature?

Also, Ryan Leaf is not the best example you can use for this IMO. While it is true that Leaf was immature, that is not the reason he's out of football IMO. Leaf sustained an injury that was career ending. The fact that surgery couln't correct it only allowed him to hang around longer then he probably should have but basically, his career was over the minute he injured his wrist.