After consideration, Lance did really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TO BE CLEAR, the 49'ers didn't give up on Trey Lance until he got hurt.
Kyle Shanahan put him in and made him follow Jimmy Garappolo, who had just led the Niners to a Super Bowl.
The 49'ers let him go after the emergence of Brock Purdy, knowing that they would never use Trey Lance as a starter.
But what Shanahan did to Trey Lance was unfair, albeit that was Shanahan's decision. But putting Lance in for Garappolo was a stupid move by Shanahan.
I think the Niners lost interest in Lance after Purdy, and just wanted something back for him.
But Lance cannot and should not be judged by his rookie season.
Like that was the reason they let the #3 pick, who they gave up 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS, go for an ankle injury easily healed. :lmao:

GMO415

Reaction score
I believe the next set of triplets is Lance/Vaughn/Tolbert.
200w.gif

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
I think we can wait until this preseason to be over before forming any opinions, there is plenty of pre season football left

rambo2

Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
I saw a guy that is better than Ben Danocci.

sbark

Reaction score
I think Lance is the real deal.
The question is will the Cowboys recognize this and give him a real chance.
He needed a “go to” release valve, TE Stephens, even TE Ford on majority of plays.......ala Schultz & Dak....

When he has to adapt to 12 guys play by play....it Harrison Bergeron all over again

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Trey Lance to do well because he's a Cowboy, and I'm a Cowboys fan.

Dak's success intimidates you because you're not a winner in life. He's half your age and 1000x more accomplished.
:laugh:
Says the keyboard warrior who hides behind the screen.
:facepalm:
You guys are sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.