After consideration, Lance did really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The time the Cowboys spent practicing with the Rams, The Jags and the timing is something most are not taking into consideration. As far as the discipline and willingness to take a Hit are great as you pointed out.

All things considered I believe you are right and I am positive about His future. He is on the come up. He is ad young or younger then many off the Rookies over the last 2 years

If anything He is an option with the potential to be your future starter. Depending how things go down this year His contract maybe in the mid 20 million to low 30 million range if He plays this year and is successful or high teens to mid 20s if He is showing promise but still learning

It will be an interesting year. Can't wait to see what He does next week
He can only go up by default.

Loso86

Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
Exactly!

Chasing6

Reaction score
200w.gif
:lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Trey Lance to do well because he's a Cowboy, and I'm a Cowboys fan.

Dak's success intimidates you because you're not a winner in life. He's half your age and 1000x more accomplished.
:laugh:
If we did not have such a good punter, I would suggest maybe he give that a shot.

He has about the same amount of experience playing both positions.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You have to be joking correct?

The OLine graded out fairly well. Funny thing, if you can't get the ball out on time, it looks like an amazing pash rush.

No Interceptions. Well when you wait for a WR to be wide open before you throw the ball, throw it out of bounds or on only to 5 yard check downs it is pretty difficult to throw an interception.

Averaging 4.7 yards per pass attempt, which includes yards after the catch is pretty anemic. We might as well just have done a bunch of shuffle passes.

Mindful of his responsibilities? Pretty sure the number one responsibility is to get the ball in the end zone.

Timing Ian off with WR's because he has not built a rapport with them yet? What has he been doing all training camp, just throwing in nets?

5 years later, after starting only 1 year in college, he still has the same potential. He has not grown at all. He is still working on his throwing mechanics and his foot work.

It was an embarrassment at best.
Holy smokes 4.7 yards per pass.

Coaches clearly told him not to take any chances

Chasing6

Reaction score
He did what he was supposed to do and what he was asked to do.
Who cares what the haters think, they're soft weak people who still believe in super heroes.
Yes, you are correct. He was told to not score any touchdowns.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So do people start threads like clickbait. Say something so outlandish to get people to respond? I didnt watch tape, but Broadus did. Go listen to what he said. Talked about just flat out missing wide open people... im not talking missed them with the ball, but never looked their way, even on plays that were designed to go their way. Said he would have had 2 td passes had he looked.

Basically, Lance has just continued with the inaccuracy from camp.

Now I watched the game, and he sucked.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes,
Some of those passes were so bad not even the WRONG guys could catch 'em. :laugh:
I hope he does better each PS game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Our standards for QB play are wildly inconsistent. Now if QBs were graded like RBs Lance showed a lot of promise.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I didn't think he looked worth the 4th round pick Jerry spent on him. Right now it's looking like we won't even be able to get that 4th back.
He was never going to be able to get it back. No one was offering more than a conditional 6th round pick. GM Jethro out negotiated himself.

Maybe, just maybe if he collaborated with anyone, even Rowdy for crying out loud, the trade never would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.