After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Blackrain

Reaction score
So it's a general thing whereby the Cowboys only get snared when they get too good for themselves, or too good for the TV analytics. Likewise, we benefit when we suck because refs will help us be competitive. The latter is not a popular belief around here, lol. So a team like the Legion of Boom can lead the league in penalties but still win the Super Bowl because they're just too good. They blew out the Broncos in that game so the execs weren't happy about that on the most expensive commercial day of the year I guess. I mean, I can see all this. Like I said, it's hard to refute that it's in the best interests of the league to have games be competitive. I just think there are better ways to do it than using a bunch of ref crews who all have to be in on it so that they don't overrule each other plus it's a plan that can fail. I like my more foolproof plan better where the QBs can control the game for you and, if you go one level higher, tell them who should win so you can bet on it and make individual money on top of money for the league. If greed has no limit, why limit it? My honest opinion is I don't care if the league is rigged or not. This is entertainment for me. So long as no one spoils the ending, I can ride the wave of surprises, etc. or just choose not to watch. But if you are going to spoil the ending, only tell me so I can bet on it. Lol.

Likewise, I appreciate the civil discussion and your previous shout out about me doing so respectfully. I saw your other comment about not caring if others don't believe what you believe and I feel the same way. It's always curious to me that I'm met with anger when I show up to post the rules or better video of a play like in this thread. It makes me think that those people aren't really sure of or secure in what they believe and then get upset when it isn't co-signed without question to hide that frail background, or are just pissed that their slanted take was exposed. When people are more emotional than rational about a differing opinion, it's something to take note of. Too much of that going around.

Also I feel like they get snagged when another team needs to be propped up like the Packers the other week.

They were ready to fall off the ledge but had two prime time games coming up so I feel like we were designated to fall on the sword in what was a very competitive game so that viewers would continue to watch the Packers in their upcoming games feeling like they were not out of it.

I feel like if we beat the Packers the viewing audience for their next two games would be severely impacted and I don't feel the league wanted that.

Yep it's very good that we can have a spirited debate and be respectful and analyze one another's opinions.

There's nothing the matter with kidding around and busting balls.

I have a pretty thick hide I live in Eagles country and I've been a cowboy fan all my life so I don't need to tell you The abuse you take especially at the old veterans stadium was really something to behold in its day.

The forum is very mild and civilized in comparison as it should be and I enjoy talking with you guys about controversial topics as you behave like gentlemen.

IceBowler

Reaction score
While it’s entirely possible there could be some individual bias , I’d like to believe there would be some accountability. We know the officials are graded every game and then at seasons end . The league even calls out mistakes or errors .

Someone would have to address suspected bias. There is a check and balance . Unless we believe there’s a league wide initiation to be bias towards the Cowboys.

But not on a weekly basis and not in Public. MLB does the same thing but, actually allows 2 inches off the plate when rating umpires on balls & strikes with the results published. The umpires association does as well and those results aren't revealed - as there's no 2-inch cushion. The League wants the suckers (fans) to believe it's ALWAYS better than it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And let us never mention the fact that as of recently, the NFL now has partnered up with several gambling operations on a national basis .. :thumbup:
I will tell you this - During my seasons doing D1 ball, I never met a player, coach, assistant, official or, conference staff, who didn't know the point spread on that particular day. Not saying anything but that. Not even saying that aspect of it plays into it :thumbup:

I actually saw more, shall we say, gray area things done and said involving game officials in response to conference administrators and their henchmen than any other single source group .. and this was before the absurd amount of TV money now - which has only exacerbated the obvious.
There will always be a threat of potential corruption. Do you actually know of any occurring ?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not always "split second". Reviews can trump the call on the field.

Diehard already admitted refs favor certain players. That's a deliberate decision.

It would be kinda neat to track the history of calls, reviews, suspensions, fines. I'm willing to bet the NFL has the interest and resources to...privately...do just that.

Of course certain players get the calls, that happens in every sports league.

Brady, Rogers, Brees, Manning, they all got roughing flags on the exact same hits that Romo took, but Romo was not considered a superstar player. Just like Ramsey can get away with contact that Anthony Brown cant, one is a superstar and one isnt.

Same thing in other sports leagues, go watch an NBA game and see how many fouls are called against a star player vs a rookie. I was watching Boston play some team with a bunch of no name players like the Rockets or somebody and Tatum would drive down the lane and lose the ball and every ref blew their wistle. Some rookie from the Rockets did the exact same play, drove the lane and literally got closelined and no whistle.

That is just the benefit of being a star player, you get calls other players dont. That is not proof of a conspiracy or proof that games are rigged, its just the nature of sports that star players get calls that regular players dont.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well we got a primetime game tonight with our Cowboys I'm anxious to see it and see how it is officiated .

Hopefully if there's any luck in the world we will win and there will be nothing to discuss about the officiating tomorrow other than it was officiated properly.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

That is just the benefit of being a star player, you get calls other players dont. That is not proof of a conspiracy or proof that games are rigged, its just the nature of sports that star players get calls that regular players dont.

That is in fact proof of a conspiracy as giving certain players benefits that other players don't get is improper officiating which should strive for complete neutrality. Excusing that is weak sauce.

T-RO

Reaction score
In 2009, Goodell described even a watered-down version of sports gambling as “an additional threat to the integrity of our league and contrary to the public good”.

Last year the NFL announced five-year contracts worth nearly $1bn combined with DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars to become the league’s official sports betting partners, in addition to secondary deals with BetMGM, WynnBET, Fox Bet and PointsBet.

But hey, what's just a billion! This gambling income can scale, fellas!

League and it's "partners" could grab additional billions:
-Shaving Points
-Suppressing or boosting fantasy player's numbers
-Monkeying with over/under

But we know these billionaires wouldn't monkey around doing anything wrong for extra billion$. Such an honest group. I say: trust them. And trust the handful of posters here that have posted a hundred times defending "league integrity".

Just trust them.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Brady, Rogers, Brees, Manning, they all got roughing flags on the exact same hits that Romo took, but Romo was not considered a superstar player. Just like Ramsey can get away with contact that Anthony Brown cant, one is a superstar and one isnt.

Same thing in other sports leagues, go watch an NBA game and see how many fouls are called against a star player vs a rookie. I was watching Boston play some team with a bunch of no name players like the Rockets or somebody and Tatum would drive down the lane and lose the ball and every ref blew their wistle. Some rookie from the Rockets did the exact same play, drove the lane and literally got closelined and no whistle.

Right.. it’s a natural process to access in many cases that it takes an effort above the norm to impede the greater player.

Sometimes the opponent who is also a great player has the ability to impede without infraction and there is also occasion for a lesser player to rise up to the occasion. But in most cases the greater talent receives the benefit of the doubt .

It’s why holding or interference for example is necessary in some situations in order to prevent the greater player from beating you. It explains why the Cowboys future HOFamer Martin is so rarely called for holding.

And if you develop a history of infractions then you are going to be more closely watched . These aren’t conspiracies or corruption , these are normal human preference instincts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In 2009, Goodell described even a watered-down version of sports gambling as “an additional threat to the integrity of our league and contrary to the public good”.

Last year the NFL announced five-year contracts worth nearly $1bn combined with DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars to become the league’s official sports betting partners, in addition to secondary deals with BetMGM, WynnBET, Fox Bet and PointsBet.

But hey, what's just a billion! This gambling income can scale, fellas!

League and it's "partners" could grab additional billions:
-Shaving Points
-Suppressing or boosting fantasy player's numbers
-Monkeying with over/under

But we know these billionaires wouldn't monkey around doing anything wrong for extra billion$. Such an honest group. I say: trust them. And trust the handful of posters here that have posted a hundred times defending "league integrity".

Just trust them.
We don’t have to totally trust them . We can also hold them accountable. And with the gambling associations there is some concern that individual tampering by players, coaches , owners or officials could fall victim to organized crime attempting to throw or alter a result of a game .

But I’d maintain without further evidence of corruption that the leagues intention would be to uphold that integrity. There’s much more to lose than gain for the league if we begun having widespread tampering due to gambling.

Now if we begun having some incidents where there’s suspected tampering from players, coaches and officials then I’d become much more suspect the league is doing everything within their power to police.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is in fact proof of a conspiracy as giving certain players benefits that other players don't get is improper officiating which should strive for complete neutrality. Excusing that is weak sauce.
Not a conspiracy. In some cases, a bit of favoritism on the part of an individual official. In other cases, it's giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who's shown a history of ability. For instance, a rookie CB might get called for PI on a questionable play, whereas an elite veteran might not get flagged, because he rarely fouls anyone and "probably" didn't in this case.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hopefully if there's any luck in the world we will win and there will be nothing to discuss about the officiating tomorrow other than it was officiated properly.

Then where would I peddle my fancy video GIF skills to combat whining that "we wuz robbed" on a call where we really wasn't robbed? You're messing with my raison d'être on these boards with your hope posting there, partner. Watch it.

tcain2004

Reaction score
We had our own part in this loss in 4 quarters of football. But I agree:

The Refs made sure it wouldn't go our way in OT once GB forced it.

That's what people don't understand when the bad ref arguments are made. They cant singlehanded change a game most of the time it would be too obvious but they can easily steer a game in a certain direction and they do it all the time. The only way to overcome it is to dominate every team so the refs don't have a chance to have input. It's not good for the future of the sport

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's what people don't understand when the bad ref arguments are made. They cant singlehanded change a game most of the time it would be too obvious but they can easily steer a game in a certain direction and they do it all the time. The only way to overcome it is to dominate every team so the refs don't have a chance to have input. It's not good for the future of the sport

100% truth.

The GB game was fairly called until OT.

There was no way the home crowd wasn't seeing Rodgers with a chance to win it, and the Refs steered the game when it looked like the Cowboys were on the verge of the winning TD drive to make it so.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well it looks like the league wanted Baker Mayfield to be successful with the Rams and the raiders had to fall on the sword.

The officials manipulated that last drive for the Rams so they could win that game 15 yd penalty for slapping the ball out of the quarterback's hand and the pass interference to dig them out of that hole.

Somehow Baker mayfield comes in with no practice no knowledge of the playbook on Tuesday and becomes the hero of the game what a storyline for the NFL good for them Glad some people believe it

Blackrain

Reaction score
Have to give it to the league marketing at its finest looking ahead to the Monday night game between the Rams and the Packers nobody's watching two for win teams without some kind of storyline so we had to make Baker Mayfield a hero to go up against the Great Aaron Rodgers.

So the officials give him 25 yd of penalty so he can win that game and give them their storyline so somebody watches the Monday night game coming up great marketing and the raiders fall on the sword

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's hysterical the news media's all over this morning Baker Mayfield's great comeback except they leave out the biggest part of it was he was assisted by the referees when he was stuck under his own goal post.

What a freaking hoot just watching how all this stuff plays out for the greater good of the league.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This thread is a hoot. :muttley:

Folks ignore all of the games where none of their alleged conspiracy stuff happens, there's no dramatic finish, then when one happens it's "SEE? I TOLD YOU!"

Blackrain

Reaction score
This thread is a hoot. :muttley:

Folks ignore all of the games where none of their alleged conspiracy stuff happens, there's no dramatic finish, then when one happens it's "SEE? I TOLD YOU!"

How are they going to ignore the games they're primetime games.

How many times do I have to tell you it there's no conspiracy it's just a marketing tool to keep interest in the games.

I think you and Rockport rode the same short bus to school together.