CFZ After reading Jimmy's book, I'm not expecting a ROH ceremony any time soon

DenCWBY

Reaction score
..you have to admit. Jerry was dumb and young. Probably thought winning super bowls was easy as pie.

You think now, he would take different precincts?
Sadly, he was dumb and young and even worse, over the years, his ego won't let him learn and change from his mistakes. Now he's just dumber and older and even more crotchety about his own failures. The beauty of it is that he can write 8 figures checks to whomever and it won't buy a SB or an ounce of football respect, the things he really longs for at this point. In fact, it just makes him more of an idiot than he already was in the first place.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The ROH is the minor league to the HOF.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No surprise here because if Jimmy was going to tell his professional story accurately he couldn't do it without exposing Jerry but it sure won't help expedite his ROH induction I'm sure.

I knew the story well and it still made me sick to read it. An Owner destroying a dynasty simply because he wanted credit for things he didn't do. It's the most egregious act I've ever seen in sports.

IMO he took it easy on Jerry. He doesn't go into that much depth but he has to address it to explain his departure from Dallas. Why he was burned out. How long he was dealing with this nonsense.

To the sane these comments are rather benign. To an egomaniac they are a declaration of war.

I fear he will leave this Earth never seeing his name where it belongs in that stadium and that will be yet another abomination committed by the 9th wonder of the world: the ego of Jerry Jones.

Who is 80 years, 1 month and 16 days old. In case anyone was wondering.
Jimmy Johnson is in the Hall of Fame because Jerry Jones proved over the past 27 years that Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles, and John Wooten built the Dallas Cowboys 90's Dynasty team.

He does not need the Ring of Honor and is losing no sleep thinking about the Ring of Honor.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is in the Hall of Fame because Jerry Jones proved over the past 27 years that Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles, and John Wooten built the Dallas Cowboys 90's Dynasty team.

He does not need the Ring of Honor and is losing no sleep thinking about the Ring of Honor.
true but I think over the years he has become more sentimental about his time with the cowboys and those
SB years, and the players he had.
So I think he wants it, but knows he wont get in while he is alive.

Jimmy has mellowed with age, jerry hasnt.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It was 10 which is another reason the media was shocked not only Jimmy and his college staff, but it was also 10 years.
i think jerry paid him his whole contract, which wasnt alot back then if he agreed to keep his mouth shut about
certain things, a non disclosure deal.
I think jimmy was here 5 years, so was always confused on that.
Man just imagine if he had done the whole 10 years !

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No surprise here because if Jimmy was going to tell his professional story accurately he couldn't do it without exposing Jerry but it sure won't help expedite his ROH induction I'm sure.

I knew the story well and it still made me sick to read it. An Owner destroying a dynasty simply because he wanted credit for things he didn't do. It's the most egregious act I've ever seen in sports.

IMO he took it easy on Jerry. He doesn't go into that much depth but he has to address it to explain his departure from Dallas. Why he was burned out. How long he was dealing with this nonsense.

To the sane these comments are rather benign. To an egomaniac they are a declaration of war.

I fear he will leave this Earth never seeing his name where it belongs in that stadium and that will be yet another abomination committed by the 9th wonder of the world: the ego of Jerry Jones.

Who is 80 years, 1 month and 16 days old. In case anyone was wondering.
Not talking about you but this sounds like another famous person.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seeing that many likes on my account would make me sorta sad.

Not sure why. I mean, I certainly don't think they are a big deal, but there's nothing wrong with them. If anyone is posting while thinking, "I bet this will get me a lot of likes," then that's kind of sad, but otherwise ...

gimmesix

Reaction score
ha love it, someone berated me once for having less likes than posts, who gives a schidt

I decided to go ahead and respond to this post, but I'm really not supposed to talk to you because you don't have enough likes yet. Plus, you were only established in 1971, probably don't even remember Doomsday that much.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure why. I mean, I certainly don't think they are a big deal, but there's nothing wrong with them. If anyone is posting while thinking, "I bet this will get me a lot of likes," then that's kind of sad, but otherwise ...

I find it to be a bit of a hollow experience but that’s probably just a personal problem.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I find it to be a bit of a hollow experience but that’s probably just a personal problem.

I take them in the spirit they are given. The fact that someone acknowledged their appreciation for what you had to say shouldn't be dismissed, but it shouldn't be the end of the world if they don't care for it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I listened to the book last week on Audible and yes, he took it easy on jerry. He could have ripped him to shreds but he didn't. He didn't go into much detail but he did say he wanted to be seen more as a football guy because no one cheers when you land a deal that Nets you $5 million profit.

According to jimmy, Jerry told him to "make it look like we're talking about something for the cameras in the draft room" I think around the 93 season. It could have been sooner.

He was actually thinking about staying until the drunken comment by Jerry early in the morning about the 500 coaches who could have won was published at the Dallas morning news.

So drunken Jerry comes in while Jimmy was in the middle of a conversation with people at the bar who were no longer affiliated with the Cowboys. They had their own table . This was for some owners meeting in Miami if I'm not mistaken. It was Norv turner, Dave Wandstedt, a media lady that Jerry used for her knowledge and setting up a TV show and then fired, and then jimmy. Well Jerry wanted to toast the super bowl. What the hell? It's March and nobody there won the Super Bowl except for jimmy.

Everybody was silent, Jimmy said he thought he raised his glass but others at the table said he didn't. And Jerry said a few Choice words and stormed out.

Jimmy basically retold the same exact story Jeff Pearlman wrote in "Boys Will Be Boys" some years ago. And Pearlman spoke with the reporters Jerry talked to (the 500 coaches thing) and they asked Jerry if it was okay to quote that. And even after the drinks wore off a bit Jerry still said "yes, print it".

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
They were both egomaniacs....i don't blame Jimmy for leaving, I'd have done the same, but I wouldn't expect to be put in the ROH.
If Jerry really wanted to stick it to Jimmy, he'd put Barry Switzer in. Lol, can you image the meltdown.
Garrett will be in the ring before Jimmy or Barry ever will be. shrugs. He's a legend, the second-most winning percentage in Cowboys history or is it first?
Garrett for ROH.

you guys are just jealous of Garrett.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don’t need to read Jimmy’s book to know he’s not going in the ROH anytime soon, just listen to Jerry dance around it every time he’s asked. Lol

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I take them in the spirit they are given. The fact that someone acknowledged their appreciation for what you had to say shouldn't be dismissed, but it shouldn't be the end of the world if they don't care for it.

That’s a nice way of looking at it.