After this Mess of contract negotiation, will a team be willing to pay Dak?

kskboys

Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.

Without a doubt, there would at least be a handful of teams in need that would pay the house for Dak. Commanders come to mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The difference is, Dak doesn't have to negotiate with a team that wants him. They'll make an offer and he can take it or leave it. But unless he take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs, I doubt anyone will offer him more than what he turned down.

Frozen700

Reaction score
This is a huge win for the cowboys.

Dak is a average bus driver.

All those troll fans( I remember who you are) saying " oh Dak will sign long term come July, and all you haters and trolls can find a new team, he's a cowboy for life."

My my how the tables have turned. Now you all can pack a bag, while getting your excuses ready for the end of the year.

Jerry! The coaching staff! Secret injury! The defense! ECT ECT

Yeah we heard it all before blame blame blame.

When he leaves all you Dak trolls and go with him.

Get your affairs in order. All that gloating and now look

9cm2EuI.png

#DontpayDak

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Also relevant...

Jerry and Co. might just black ball this Todd France guy...

Seriously, was there anyone named Todd who wasn't a total turd sandwich weakling?

I hope he gets blackballed from the agency practice - guy's obviously a joke...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Are you serious??????

Teams can separate players offseason business from emotions.....fans cannot.

BTW......IF we can't get him signed, keep an eye on the Colts, Saints, and maybe Bucs. All three could be looking for a 2021 vet QB and they're all built to win NOW with vet players.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There isn't really a long list of teams desperate for a QB

I would say maybe Jacksonville.
That would be ideal for Dallas for a trade. Not happening.
But I feel very strongly that Jax would rather finish last and win the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
Get him for a small fraction of the price for 5 years vs paying 150+ for 4 years to Dak.

Just a guess.

In any case. The offense is completely set up for Dak this ...just loaded.
Assuming he has a nice year, then there will be plenty of interest.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There isn't really a long list of a team desperate for a QB

I would say maybe Jacksonville. That would be ideal for Dallas for a trade.
But I feel very strongly that Jax would rather finish last and win the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
Get him for a small fraction of the price for 5 years vs paying 150 for 4 years to Dak.

Just a guess.

Colts and Saints ???? Could be Brees last year and Rivers only signed a one-year deal with Colts. Can also add the Bucs if Brady doesn't work out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Colts and Saints ???? Could be Brees last year and Rivers only signed a one-year deal with Colts. Can also add the Bucs if Brady doesn't work out.
Yes. Those might be two.
Depends on how the Winston looks under Payton. He's basically the same age.

The Colts drafted Jacob Eason. So they will for sure want to give him a shot after Rivers is through.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
If Dak plays well all season and leads the Cowboys deep into the playoffs he will have earned a big contract and will have several suitors. But if he is inconsistent this year, plays mediocre against good teams and we lose the first playoff game, his value plummets.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Someone was willing to pay Kirk Cousins.

Remember the Vikes wanted Cousins so bad they let all three of their QBs walk. Funny thing is all three had started and won games the previous season ( they made the playoff). Remember Zim was quoted saying while he appreciated all three, they all had their faults. In other words, none of the three was the complete package.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course there will. It's a silly question. Kirk Cousins got paid. Dak will get paid (barring major injury, of course).

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should’ve made Dak more available this offseason and let the open market decide his deal.

I think he might’ve been surprised by the lack of bidders and dollar amounts.
The surprised one would be you. I mean: look at what Tannehill got. There's zero chance Dak wouldn't have gotten an offer better than the Cowboys made. (Assuming they released him rather than making another team give up premium draft picks).