After this Mess of contract negotiation, will a team be willing to pay Dak?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise . Our ownership will look brilliant standing firm . Dak could go on to stink it up somewhere else and we draft our next Super Bowl QB.

Or not..lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.
That sounds like a rant.
Mods, wake up and move this!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is a huge win for the cowboys.

Dak is a average bus driver.

All those troll fans( I remember who you are) saying " oh Dak will sign long term come July, and all you haters and trolls can find a new team, he's a cowboy for life."

My my how the tables have turned. Now you all can pack a bag, while getting your excuses ready for the end of the year.

Jerry! The coaching staff! Secret injury! The defense! ECT ECT

Yeah we heard it all before blame blame blame.

When he leaves all you Dak trolls and go with him.

Get your affairs in order. All that gloating and now look

9cm2EuI.png

#DontpayDak
Are you talking down to us, old fellow?

Them

Reaction score
...Dak can possibly take us on a deep playoff run this season while on the "Tag."...But by next season his price would go up...JJ might not want to pay the price again and decide to trade him for a couple Number 1 picks??... could really help out!...of course the Dallas FO has been terrible on drafting QBs since Aikman...Romo and Dak were accidents, only Carter (I believe a 2nd round pick) had promise for awhile...I kinda want Dak to help win us a SB...then just go somewhere else.....maybe come around twice a season or so to kick JJs aze...lol!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Has any player every been run out of the league solely for a contract dispute. There's always at least 1 more chance, and that number increases with talent. Some players have criminal records and get extra chances. Yes, there will be a team willing to pay Dak what is necessary to sign him, if Dallas doesn't.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.
Dak will have Winston's fate......

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's what a lot of fans found annoying. The front office are trying to put together a Superbowl roster. Yes they paid other guys first but the reported offer for Prescott was on the face of it decent and it meant Prescott kept all the weapons around him.

My understanding is that they had agreed in principle the money with Prescott last season after a game or two in to the season. Whilst the final negotiations were being agreed Prescott and the new agent rejected the offer after looking good beating up on bad teams. I could be wrong but that is how I understand it - I don't know how much that initial agreed figure was supposed to be.

The point is the people continually criticising the front office for not agreeing the Prescott contract sooner - well they had been negotiating for a long time and they thought it had been agreed early last season. And they weren't being tight with money as they were trying to keep the strongest roster together within the cap. They didn't want to lose any other blue chip assets other than Byron Jones. They didn't want to lose Elliott or Cooper especially to the Commanders.

The reported offer for Prescott wasn't exactly derisory either.

I agree Swagger. Jerry at that time had come out and indicated that a deal was imminent. Then all of a sudden Prescott and agent reversed directions and the deal blew up. I don't know the exact details but that seems to be the gist of it.
I think Dak and his agent poisoned the well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With Cap anticipating to go down next year if we have to Tag him again and pay the 38 million we will have to let some players go.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way. If you make 30 mil for 5 years, you'll have all you ever need, even after taxes.

Dude, any decent lake house is 3-5 million. Ocean front Estate 5-10M... You got friends with business ideas who need startup cash.......... Then you have everyday stuff like..... Ferrari 200k........customized Escalade 150k........... then you gotta upgrade the jewelry collection for yourself and all family members. 30M aint nothing.

Verdict

Reaction score
It may be better to give Dak the transition tag next year rather than the exclusive franchise tag. It is cheaper on the team if Dak doesn’t get a better offer if he plays on the tag. Moreover, it may actually drive the asking price down, instead of up.

I am a little bit surprised in how this all went down on Dak’s side. The Cowboys offered to pretty much make Dak one of the richest players in NFL history and he turned it down. Think about that for a second. Does this sound like the Dak we have known for the past 4 years?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
They should’ve made Dak more available this offseason and let the open market decide his deal.

I think he might’ve been surprised by the lack of bidders and dollar amounts.
Huge victory for the Cowboys today!!!
Best day in the last 20 years.
Yep give Belichick the QB he wanted that is reliable, available, a team leader with multiple year playoff experience, 3 time Pro Bowls, and young. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is dumb. But, not a fool.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones stupidity was to think he could get away of not giving Dak a Russell Wilson better deal when your QB has $31M guaranteed and a free walk after the last game of a COVID 19 season. Why you think all of a sudden Dak signed that franchise tag, his brother dies (so life is to short), and then Cowboy players are testing positive for COVID 19 (season reality). A week after the COVID Cowboys 19, he signs the franchise tag. This is not going to be a normal 16 game season. This is another bet on Dak season. Then think about what this young team leading QB has gone through and thrived through...close family deaths, competition climbing up depth charts, grabbing opportunities, contract negotiations, betting on himself since Jr. High, etc. Be the fool and take that bet against Dakota Rayne (Reign) Prescott.

Belichick may still get his wish as Cam Newton has a 1 year cut easy deal. I am sure every team will not be able to draft Clemson's Golden Boy that got exposed and humbled by LSU. If the Cowboys let Dak go, Dak will have a +20 team opportunity to be a leader at QB somewhere else. Only one team has a shot at Trevor.

Unless M&M can get to the NFC Championship game, this is not going to end well for Cowboy fans. Prescott will play for Championships...its just a matter where will he be playing for championships in the years to come.

I am not a big QB Dak fan (I really do not have a favorite player on the Jonesboys). I understand that everyone including me has an as...opinion. But, I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. It is very disingenuous, unsubstantiated, ridiculous, and asinine the feeling of hate this Cowboy QB receives from supposed Cowboy fans that for the 4 years prior to Dak enjoyed 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, and 4-12 with one playoff season versus the 4 years Dak took the starting job as a true rookie going 13-3, 9-7, 10-6, and 8-8 with 2 playoff seasons and 3 Pro Bowls.in 4 years.

As I said before, this is another...The End.

lostar2009

Reaction score
...Dak can possibly take us on a deep playoff run this season while on the "Tag."...But by next season his price would go up...JJ might not want to pay the price again and decide to trade him for a couple Number 1 picks??... could really help out!...of course the Dallas FO has been terrible on drafting QBs since Aikman...Romo and Dak were accidents, only Carter (I believe a 2nd round pick) had promise for awhile...I kinda want Dak to help win us a SB...then just go somewhere else.....maybe come around twice a season or so to kick JJs aze...lol!

Its hard to draft a QB when everyone know you need one. Especially if your not in the top 5. If Dak take this team deep I believe the FO will renegotiate. But more than likely our FAs for next year will hit the market.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dude, any decent lake house is 3-5 million. Ocean front Estate 5-10M... You got friends with business ideas who need startup cash.......... Then you have everyday stuff like..... Ferrari 200k........customized Escalade 150k........... then you gotta upgrade the jewelry collection for yourself and all family members. 30M aint nothing.

A mere pittance, chicken feed. :laugh:

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak will play one more year on the tag. My guess is Cowboys meet his demands next year at the deadline as they know they won't tag him a third time. But if not, I still think the Cowboys will be bidders for him.

Dak is playing an interviewing year in a sense he's basically showing teams next year on video what he has to offer if anything..that is all. And yes someone will probably want him but if he falters this year he will not get the money he wants.