After this Mess of contract negotiation, will a team be willing to pay Dak?

vnick

Reaction score
Dak will play one more year on the tag. My guess is Cowboys meet his demands next year at the deadline as they know they won't tag him a third time. But if not, I still think the Cowboys will be bidders for him.

Swagger

Reaction score
Colts and Saints ???? Could be Brees last year and Rivers only signed a one-year deal with Colts. Can also add the Bucs if Brady doesn't work out.

I have Rodgers going to the Colts with Eason sitting behind.

Saints will be looking for a QB that can actually win shoot outs if necessary.

Jaguars or Bears look the most likely plus they have sluggish, stale offenses which would suit his grinding style.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak plays at a top 5-10 level again next season, then yes a team will be willing to sign him.

Dak hasn’t done anything that would turn a team off. He hasn’t caused a fuss. Hasn’t held out, hasn’t done anything dumb off the field. The only thing he has done is play hardball with negotiations. NFL teams don’t take that kind of thing personal.

We may not like Dak and his agents business tactics, but they’re just that. Business tactics. Nothing that would prevent a team from signing him if the price is right.

Ball is in Dak’s court. He needs to perform at a high level this season

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Remember the Vikes wanted Cousins so bad they let all three of their QBs walk. Funny thing is all three had started and won games the previous season ( they made the playoff). Remember Zim was quoted saying while he appreciated all three, they all had their faults. In other words, none of the three was the complete package.
He also said if he got it wrong it should cost him his job.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Without a doubt, there would at least be a handful of teams in need that would pay the house for Dak. Commanders come to mind.

Cool. Send over those two #1s and good luck. Dak is a good QB but not a game changer. Snyder won't be able to afford or draft talent if he takes that deal.

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't know what all has gone on between Dak/France & Jerry during their negotiations. The Cowboys want Dak or they wouldn't be offering $35-37m for 5 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cool. Send over those two #1s and good luck. Dak is a good QB but not a game changer. Snyder won't be able to afford or draft talent if he takes that deal.

Say whatever BS you want...……….Dak is a top 10 QB and rising. But yah, it he wants stupid money and he doesnt want to play here, then yah, give me the two first round picks. And it would be great if it was Washington so at least one of those years would be a top 10 pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everyone should really open up the newspaper , click online Dallas newspapers, tune on the local radio and TV and hear who most are holding responsible for not getting a deal done for the Cowboys securing our franchise QB and what it means to our success and serious contention moving forward instead of pounding our chest how tough we were on standing pat in our offer. Wow!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve built a contender securing and caving in to our Elite supporting cast , bringing in a legit HC and just pulled the rug out from under it all by not securing his franchise QB beyond next year. Great job Cowboys!!

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Say whatever BS you want...……….Dak is a top 10 QB and rising. But yah, it he wants stupid money and he doesnt want to play here, then yah, give me the two first round picks. And it would be great if it was Washington so at least one of those years would be a top 10 pick.

I am not a Dak hater but if he is gonna make business decisions then he should expect Jerry to do the same. If he want the be the highest paid QB on a terrible team, more power to him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater but if he is gonna make business decisions then he should expect Jerry to do the same. If he want the be the highest paid QB on a terrible team, more power to him.

Yep...…….maybe this forces Jerry to do what he should be doing every year anyway. Prioritize the QB position and draft and develop guys every year so that there is always some young stud waiting in the wings.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We’ve built a contender securing and caving in to our Elite supporting cast , bringing in a legit HC and just pulled the rug out from under it all by not securing his franchise QB beyond next year. Great job Cowboys!!

bringing in a legit HC

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Without a doubt, there would at least be a handful of teams in need that would pay the house for Dak. Commanders come to mind.
What amazes me about this we are so consumed about what Dak will do but where does this leave the Cowboys in 2021?

We’ve put together a team that’s basically ready to contend now, brought in a legit HC and now after this year have basically pulled the rug right out from under it by not securing our franchise QB.

Where do we go from here? In the draft. How long will that take ? What if we whiff.

How many years does this set us back wasting all of the talent we’ve invested in all because we got tough on negotiations with our franchise QB. Unbelievable this is where we draw our line in the sand in contract negotiations.

Swagger

Reaction score
What amazes me about this we are so consumed about what Dak will do but where does this leave the Cowboys in 2021?

We’ve put together a team that’s basically ready to contend now, brought in a legit HC and now after this year have basically pulled the rug right out from under it by not securing our franchise QB.

Where do we go from here? In the draft. How long will that take ? What if we whiff.

How many years does this set us back wasting all of the talent we’ve invested in all because we got tough on negotiations with our franchise QB. Unbelievable this is where we draw our line in the sand in contract negotiations.
We aren't replacing Peyton Manning.

Nothing to worry about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I have to agree. The Cowboys finally get tough the one time they shouldn't.

Zeke gets rewarded for threatening to hold out and Dak gets penalized for letting the team know he will show up. Sad.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Jerry, who typically overpays for his own, wont give in to Prescotts demands, why would another team trade a significant draft pick for the privilege of being in the same bad spot?

That was my point yesterday. They blew any shot they had at getting anything for him by using the exclusive tag.

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak has to get into playoffs this year or his only payday will be this year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I also dont see why everyone thinks its 100% over for him in Dallas.

He is going to be the starting QB here this year, and if they cant do any better, next year as well.

That's a long time.....but then again, also a long time to have the new staff evaluate him before committing.

If the haters are calling it a win for that reason, then sure....but its not like there will be a different starter here any time soon. Probably wont be.