After watching Aaron Donald we could really use something similar

kskboys

Reaction score
yes I understand. Failed is a strong term. Lets just say, he wasn't very great at LB but had the ability to play there nonetheless. I think Randy could have played in any era and fit any scheme well. Due to his versatility and natural gifts. I guess thats my point. Could u imagine what Dan Quinn or Wink Martindale would have done with him? I miss players like Randy. Mentally and physically gifted on the field. High FB IQ. We have 2 many meatheads on our team.
Semantics. Failed, didn't work out, wasn't great, whatever. Poking at the word used doesn't do anything, he simply was not a LB.

kskboys

Reaction score
THANK U^. Well said. I was trying 2 say that.
You guys are funny. Randy DID NOT DO GREAT AT LB. I find it silly that you guys are picking at the word "failed." He didn't win a starting job there, so next time I need a word I'll make sure and ask you guys first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys like Donald come around I don't know........ONCE EVERY 20 YEARS!
The hype train left the station. Listen, he's a wonderful player, rare. But he's not a generational talent. He's John Randle or Glover. Deacon Jones...Mean Joe Greene.. and Merlin olsen, Bob Lilly...THOSE guys are generational 100%. Donald is the best bar none, in todays NFL. But thats where it ends. 31 teams would love 2 have him right now. I like his leadership. If he doesn't have a meeting during the game last week with his defense, I don't think they win. I saw him rally his men and they stepped it up. Stafford did Stafford things and nearly gifted the game away.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You guys are funny. Randy DID NOT DO GREAT AT LB. I find it silly that you guys are picking at the word "failed." He didn't win a starting job there, so next time I need a word I'll make sure and ask you guys first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did u read what I said at all? Just curious.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did u read what I said at all? Just curious.
I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are arguing about the word we use when describing how Randy White didn't work out at LB. I'm actually not sure why it matters so much to you guys, strange stuff. I didn't put a lot of thought into it, so I'll put it on me and move on!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Semantics. Failed, didn't work out, wasn't great, whatever. Poking at the word used doesn't do anything, he simply was not a LB.
Thats pretty much what I said if u read it. BUT the idea was, he added depth if they needed 2 play him there. Not too many other DT's can also line up at Linebacker. Thats a rare athlete. Levon Kirkland for Pittsburgh might be the only other guy back in the day. He wasnt shabby either.

Rayman70

Reaction score

We are arguing about the word we use when describing how Randy White didn't work out at LB. I'm actually not sure why it matters so much to you guys, strange stuff. I didn't put a lot of thought into it, so I'll put it on me and move on!!!!!!!!!
:eek: k.

conner01

Reaction score
Does anybody other than me get the feeling that we could really use something similar to that in the middle of our defensive line.
Is there a reason why we can't use a high draft pick on a player that can impact the game like that. He isn't even a real big guy 6-1. 284. This guy has a motor that just won't stop

I don't even think Jerry's horrible culture could stop this guy's motor

Thoughts???
31 other teams feel the same way
Every team wants an all time great, first ballot HOF player
Finding one is not that simple or every team would g go have two

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Does anybody other than me get the feeling that we could really use something similar to that in the middle of our defensive line.
Is there a reason why we can't use a high draft pick on a player that can impact the game like that. He isn't even a real big guy 6-1. 284. This guy has a motor that just won't stop

Thoughts???

Every team could use the best player in the NFL.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I wonder how many fans of other teams are saying ..

"After watching Micah Parsons, we could really use a guy like that" :D :D
The Eagles for sure lololol lolol. Eagles " we could use a guy like Micah Parsons. What do you mean we passed over him?"

Blackrain

Reaction score
31 other teams feel the same way
Every team wants an all time great, first ballot HOF player
Finding one is not that simple or every team would g go have two

Well if you get off of first round draft pick every once in awhile it goes a long way in finding one and we never do that That is the point I was trying to make in this thread.

Seems like half the people responding don't read past the first sentence in my post

Blackrain

Reaction score

Hey guys not to be labor this issue but I watched Randy White quite a bit as a young buck he was one of my favorite players.

Strictly going from what I saw in my youth was he came into the league at 22 years old around 250 -260lbs. And after a time it looked like he put on his man weight.

Now I can't attest to exactly what he weighed at 26 or 27 years old but it looked to me to be a bit more than he weighed when he came into the league.

So I always kind of felt that he grew out of one position at linebacker and grew into another at defensive tackle strictly my opinion but that's what it looked like to me in my youth

conner01

Reaction score
Well if you get off of first round draft pick every once in awhile it goes a long way in finding one and we never do that That is the point I was trying to make in this thread.

Seems like half the people responding don't read past the first sentence in my post
A impact DT is just so rare
Now we missed a chance at watt which was bad but can’t think of a player really a better option last few top picks
I wanted Bosa but he went ahead of us
But very good DE are more common than very good DT
A guy almost as good as Donald comes once a decade

Blackrain

Reaction score
A impact DT is just so rare
Now we missed a chance at watt which was bad but can’t think of a player really a better option last few top picks
I wanted Bosa but he went ahead of us
But very good DE are more common than very good DT
A guy almost as good as Donald comes once a decade

He doesn't have to be Aaron Donald . Watching Aaron Donald makes you realize the importance of a dominant defensive tackle.
We need a guy that can command two blockers push the pocket and stop the run reliably.
To get this type of player we need to use a high draft pick.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Thoughts???
We've drafted quick-step, penetrating 3Tech types on Day 2 of the last three drafts. I only have real hope for the last one (Odighizuwa). Gallimore and Trysten Hill have no awareness and just surrender their gap to try to get upfield.

You want to keep Parsons clean to be a beast playmaker all the time? Stop abandoning the A and B gaps with D Linemen chasing ghosts. Less 3Techs and more Vita Vea's or DJ Reader's.

Also, Aaron Donald is a unicorn.

conner01

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be Aaron Donald . Watching Aaron Donald makes you realize the importance of a dominant defensive tackle.
We need a guy that can command two blockers push the pocket and stop the run reliably.
To get this type of player we need to use a high draft pick.
Except we don’t have a high draft pick
At 24 you ain’t getting that guy most likely
Possible but not probable
Generally in the mid twenties oline, WR, oline are where the talent is
Pass rusher and impact DT’s go early
I think this year the top 2 picks will be edge rushers just because the QB class is weak and they are the best players