After watching the Cardinals for two weeks

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
It's gonna be a similar gameplan Denver used, Peterson will lock up Dez Bryant and they'll load the box to try and stuff our run game.

Then you devise quick hot routes to offset the blitz and overload.

This is where Beasley needs to be used. It is also necessary for coaches to get guys open too. Garrett doesn’t do good at adjusting on the fly

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
It's gonna be a similar gameplan Denver used, Peterson will lock up Dez Bryant and they'll load the box to try and stuff our run game.

Arizona has 1 really good db. Everyone else we should be able to beat

If this oline actually wants to be good though

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They have an offense that rivals the Giants, Palmer has two td vs 4 interceptions

They should've lost the game against the Colts...

The running game with Chris Johnson is very average

The WR are less than average, had no idea John Brown had dropped in talent so much...

The Colts TE's overwhelmed the cards number one draft pick Hassan Riddick and Karlos Dansby

Budda Baker is not starting but they have a real player in this guy.

Patrick Peterson is very good and might be better than anyone Dez has had blanket hims so far this season.

The Bronco game is in the rear view mirror time to man up and put on the big boy pants again.

so is Dez going to get shut down again?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I haven't seen them this year. I am having a hard time with some of you saying their offense is no good. What happened to their receivers? They still have Fitzgerald that is going to toast us.

Their offense is struggling without David Johnson. The WRs are not doing so hot either. Fitzgerald is basically their version of Witten. Great professional who demands respect, but he is not going to take over a football game. Their biggest issue offensively is their offense line which is massively overmatched and often just looks confused. That lack of protection in turns makes Carson Palmer jittery and prone to INTs.

That said, they have enough pieces on defense to make this game closely contested. And Arians is no dummy and is practically Einstein if you match his wits versus Garrett.

Then again, I may be wrong. I fully expected Denver's QB situation to hold back their offense and we made him look like Peyton Manning took over his body. I also expected that our line would be able to control the likes of Domata Peko, Adam Gotsis and Derek Wolfe.

Sydla

Reaction score
Their offense is struggling without David Johnson. The WRs are not doing so hot either. Fitzgerald is basically their version of Witten. Great professional who demands respect, but he is not going to take over a football game. Their biggest issue offensively is their offense line which is massively overmatched and often just looks confused. That lack of protection in turns makes Carson Palmer jittery and prone to INTs.

That said, they have enough pieces on defense to make this game closely contested. And Arians is no dummy and is practically Einstein if you match his wits versus Garrett.

Then again, I may be wrong. I fully expected Denver's QB situation to hold back their offense and we made him look like Peyton Manning took over his body. I also expected that our line would be able to control the likes of Domata Peko, Adam Gotsis and Derek Wolfe.

I expect Carson Palmer circa 2015. Marinelli will deem it so.

Alexander

Reaction score
Probably. But hopefully that will open others up.

Open up who? Williams? Not certain he will get the looks. Witten? Beasley? I am sure they will give some exotic looks with Matthieu that Prescott will get befuddled.

Bryant getting doubled is probably not going to happen. They are going to turn loose Patrick Peterson on him just like they did in 2014 and he took him right out of the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Open up who? Williams? Not certain he will get the looks. Witten? Beasley? I am sure they will give some exotic looks with Matthieu that Prescott will get befuddled.

Bryant getting doubled is probably not going to happen. They are going to turn loose Patrick Peterson on him just like they did in 2014 and he took him right out of the game.

Interestingly a buddy watched some of the All 22 and pointed out that there were plays to be made to Williams. Prescott just missed him.

They better be able to run the ball because I fear the pass O is going to have to resort to a lot of short stuff to Witten and Beasley again.

Alexander

Reaction score
Most likely, Peterson isn't a good match for Dez.

Bryant was targeted ten times last time he matched up on Peterson and he emerged with 2 catches for 15 yards.

But he got a 3 yard TD in trash time which apparently erases a day of ineffectiveness for some people. And yes, I am fully prepared for the "but but but he had Weeden" comeback as well.

Alexander

Reaction score
Interestingly a buddy watched some of the All 22 and pointed out that there were plays to be made to Williams. Prescott just missed him.
It all comes down to targets. I honestly think at the moment Prescott is fixated at getting Bryant involved more than he is getting the football to the most open receiver.

Unless Williams' foot/ankle is still a problem, Justin Bethel is a matchup he should be able to win.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Thanks

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
We need to win this game, and convincingly. I know it's in AZ, and every game is tough in the NFL, but if we are half the team we were last year, and if we have an ounce of pride, we tear through this Johnson-less team like tissue paper.
Denver didn't have a tough game last Sunday. Lol.

Jk bro. I know what you mean.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I stand by my opinion it is interesting that you see the Cardinals as so dominant, we must have been watching different games on Sunday. As always I appreciated your insight.
Sounds good to me and likewise. I don't see them as dominate they just aren't the pushover and have a very similar style of defense as Denver's. I guess we will find out Monday night.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The Cards just like Broncos will not be worried about our deep ball passing at all.We dont have speed and Dak has trouble hitting them anyway.imo they have the defense to duplicate what the Broncos did plus they will send guys from all over the on blitzes.Our only hope is that Carson Palmer has a bad game and makes some bad decisions and he is prone to that.