After Watching Yesterday's Performance

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Does it make you anti-Linehan even more than you were before the game? Knowing how much talent is/was on this roster and it was just wasted away. I hate seeing careers being wasted by a coach who has no idea as to how to utilize the talent that surrounds him. Yes, it's only one game but you'd have to be an idiot not to see what this team could have been. Nevertheless, at least said coordinator is gone and today seems to be 'different' from Mondays of years past, following a W, and this makes it a great day to be a 'boys fan. :star:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Does it make you anti-Linehan even more than you were before the game? Knowing how much talent is/was on this roster and it was just wasted away. I hate seeing careers being wasted by a coach who has no idea as to how to utilize the talent that surrounds him. Yes, it's only one game but you'd have to be an idiot not to see what this team could have been. Nevertheless, at least said coordinator is gone and today seems to be 'different' from Mondays of years past, following a W, and this makes it a great day to be a 'boys fan. :star:
the pieces fit yesterday, to be sure. we did to the giants what we should have and that was great to see.

i'll leave it there for now and simply enjoy wearing my cowboys t-shirt today. :)

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
After yesterday's performance, I am going to celebrate the success, but not EXAGGERATE OR JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

There were a ton of positives from yesterday, as well as several things that need to be improved. I am optimistic about Moore and Dak, but let's keep it rolling and maintain realistic expectations. Division games are not really good litmus tests. When we play New Orleans, Green Bay and New England, we will know where we stand.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Giants are a awful team on D...lets get that outta the way. But the reads still had to be made and be executed. We did that very well. We have work to do on the dline CLEARLY. Dak was on point and not handcuffed. That was clear. We wont go 16-0, but we will win no less than 10 games.

Creeper

Reaction score
I loved what Moore was doing yesterday - taking what the Giants would give and pressing the passing game against an obvious weak pass defense. But its also only one game. Let's see where they are after 4 games.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Giants are a awful team on D...lets get that outta the way. But the reads still had to be made and be executed. We did that very well. We have work to do on the dline CLEARLY. Dak was on point and not handcuffed. That was clear. We wont go 16-0, but we will win no less than 10 games.
Giants will win around 6 games this year and we battered them. Looks like a decent season is very much on the cards.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exaggerate this:

405 yds of offense
4 TDs

Hmmm...
we showed great team chemistry offensively. THAT SAID, the Gents D is woeful. Love the fact Dak executed and took advantage.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
After yesterday's performance, I am going to celebrate the success, but not EXAGGERATE OR JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

There were a ton of positives from yesterday, as well as several things that need to be improved. I am optimistic about Moore and Dak, but let's keep it rolling and maintain realistic expectations. Division games are not really good litmus tests. When we play New Orleans, Green Bay and New England, we will know where we stand.
we won a game yesterday. however we do have a season to go to see what this team is made up as issues come up. they always come up. :)

but it was an incredible way to start the year and i'll be happy about it for a few days THEN see what happens.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I loved what Moore was doing yesterday - taking what the Giants would give and pressing the passing game against an obvious weak pass defense. But its also only one game. Let's see where they are after 4 games.
Moore had them guessing all day.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
That's amazing.

Hangover thought: Dak wasn't pressured at all. I want to see him be great against an actual pass rush.
yep. he certainly played lights out and a lot of that due to the time he was given, but he still did it so we know he can. i hope he can do it when rushed and the hits start coming; as they will.

then we'll have a much better idea of how well dak is adjusting.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Linehan is gone and I’m glad the predictAbility of the offense has gone with him. No more time or energy to hate on him, bring on the next chapter.

Reactions: BAT

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That's amazing.

Hangover thought: Dak wasn't pressured at all. I want to see him be great against an actual pass rush.

Early in the game they were blitzing him like crazy. Kellen was prepared for that by calling quick outs, quick slants, and screens. Then we started making them pay deep and the blitzing stopped...

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I like how they didn’t take the foot off the gas. In a lot of wins lately we have settled for a margin of victory that would work. Not yesterday. There was no playing it safe and turtling the second half of the game away. It’s time to beat opponents convincingly.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am pumped. Dak looked good. Guys were open, but Dak made the throws. Gallup, he is going to be a great number 2.